Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206838 times)

whatnot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your city
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2007, 06:28:30 PM »
I dont know if anyone of you will visit Taipei in the future.

But our version of EMB had gone, Chung Sheng Plaza got knobbed. Not really knobbed though, they put several green carpets on the staircases and other obstacles, it is still skateable, but not that fun as before.

Maybe you guys want to know.
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

leon

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Someone do Victoria so I can laugh at how bad it is.

ok here it is

victoria:

Shop:

one six: by gordo sucks balls but they have a ramp you can skate if you pay and get you parents to sign your life away.

360:  It is down town but a bunch of jocks work there and if you are going to buy shit there you might as well go to sports traders down the street

hto: A surf/snowboard/swim shit store with some skate stuff gay staff exept for one dude. its on broad which is d-town

coastline: same as hto but gayer people and more expensive shit down the street from hto next to a gay club.

Spots:

just go downtown, there is a 9 rail on a roof, a 6 stair you can do lines at and some curbs

uvic has some spots but no one will want to go there and the ground is shit

Transport:

the public transport bus evey where unless you have a car

food

second slice pizza is the only place that people go to other than mc-dicks

Skateparks:

gordo: fun if you like smoking weed and skateing a flat bar in the heat all day. every one there smokes but there is some other stuff to skate like some banks

vic west: a good park if you can handle people high on hard drugs. some rails, hips ledges and a bowl
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:17:54 AM by leon »

tamponboy

• Rep: -2
  • What did i just eat?
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2007, 09:37:12 PM »
Bakersfield is great. we have a shitty skatepark, lots of nice stairs and rails, ledges, and the worst pollution you could breathe. it's lovely.
"Fuck Jazz Too!"

Farger

• Rep: -2
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »
Kvernaland, Norway

Shop: Well, we don't have any skateshops. But if we take the train/bus or drive to Sandnes or Stavanger, there's a coulpe of shops waiting for us (about 10 miles to the closest)

Spots: We use to have this little flatground with a ledge and these small flatbars and kickers, but it's been torn down, making place for new apartments. But we do have two ramps. A big one with a spine and extensions which suck because it's so worn down, but we have a new one that's cool, although you can't really grind too long on it, because it isn't wide enough. If you look really hard around here, you might find something remotely skateable, but really, it sucks.

Transportation: Buses and trains taking you to those good spots outside of here. Stavanger, Oslo, Bryne and so on.

Food: Uhm, we have like this little pizzashop I think, and two grocery stores.

Summary: So that's it. Sucky, as you can see. Anyways, if someones ever going to Norway, I would gladly try and help them out in any way, just give me a word.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2007, 07:26:18 AM »
I updated the Winston-Salem post with a few specific spots on page one. There's enough in there to get anyone visiting Winston started.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »
Someone do Philly.

nerd34

• Rep: 2
  • Riding on a Murshaq back
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2007, 06:05:51 AM »
Philly

Food:
  South Street
  Gerard Street has food too

Spots:
 Baldi
 the 1 city hall ledge and the 6
fish town
Cecil

Shops

Nocturnal
EXIT

only two that are chill

Tourist Attractions:

LOVE cliche gangster pose photo
Historic Philly
Musuems
South Street

Day in the life of two average people who don't skate and lives in Philly:

"Hey Jenny, lets go do something tonight"
"Ok Bill, what do you want to do?"
"Hmm well we went to every museum last month and we were on South Street last night"
"uhh South Street again we go there all the time"
"well we could go to the museum again"
"let's just go to South Street"

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
Has Jamie done one about SD?  I need some new spots.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »
towards the end of my stay at my last apartment in philly, just 4 blocks from city hall, i would go there every single day at 5:30 and skate the recently unknobbed bench at the bottem for hours with a gallon of water. seriously for two months i don't think i went to a single other spot.

methuselah

• Rep: -4
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2007, 11:20:46 AM »
since I just moved I'll do a new one

Keene, New Hampshire

Spots:

What spots?

Parks:
You need a tetnist shot befor you skate there. Did I mention there is angle iron on the coping of the mini ramp?

Food:
You like hummus? Well you will have to.

Thats it in a nutshell.
"It's the 90's baby, it's hammer time!" - Cosmo Kramer

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »
Someone do Philly.

heres the cityscape for philly that skateboarder did

sorry that some of the text is kinda hard to read
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:03:48 PM by WeTigers »
8)

Orgone

• Rep: 16
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »
Is anyone from Dublin or nearby. I might move there for a couple months to get the fuck out of the U.S.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
Springfield,MA

Spots

Herena park- located on main street in downtown. ledges, bonks, 7 stair rail/kink rail, double set if your gnarly. spot is bust free and the "hot spot" right now.

Courthouse- rail into steep bank, also ledges/manny pads. this spot just recently became a bust, you can try after 5 but dont get your hopes up.

Piss ledges/stinky- located behind union market in downtown. one long ledge that gets higher and higher, bum hangout, keep your eyes open, bust free.

Civic Center- 12 stair and 15 stair both with a rail. go there if you want to "throw down" and be a faggott. after 5 shouldn't be a bust.

random downtown spots- city is small, lurk around downtown and youll find some shit, keep your eyes pealed, gangsters lurk heavy.

Parks

Junction skate park-indoor park located in springfield. 892 carew street

Agawam skate park- outdoor park located in Agawam, a neighboring town of Springfield. my personal favorite park, go there and get stabbed.

Westside park- outdoor park located in West Springfield, mini ramp, good bench.

Shops

Theory-306 westfield street west springfield. pretty much the only shop around, no, we dont have ice creams sorry.

skatelife7

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
is anyone from miami? or south florida for that matter?? just moved down about a month ago for school and other than the bench at the basketball court in my apt complex and the janoski benches in miami, havent really skated anything else...

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:38 AM »
So you can do Miami
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

skatelife7

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
So you can do Miami

okay, ill get back to you all in a months time or so with a full report..finally got a photographer/filmer so i can be out there more often..i think the new 411vm is all about miami so ill be watching that asap, should be a really good one so i hear..

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2007, 08:31:17 PM »
Can not wait...ohwwowo
----anonymous member

Bender

• Rep: -6
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »
Beautiful Pasadena California, just a lil east of Los Angeles.

Spots: Not much honestly. For a town covered in concrete there sure isn't too much that is shred worthy. Some fun wallrides on Colorado blvd.

Shops: Also, not much. A Val Surf in Old Town that feels more like a mall store, but Weston Correa works there, and he's the homie.

Parks: Pieceashit ramptech park in the ghetto. Not even worth it if you live by it. However, nice and close to the Highland Park park and the Glendale Park.

Really, the best thing about the 'Dena is that is nice and easy to get anywhere else in the LA area.

There are quite a few bored cops around here though, watch your ass. 

Food on the other hand, we got. Pasadena is famous for its grub scene. Every spot in Old Town is worth hitting, check out Lucky Boy on Arroyo for the breakfast burritos
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:39:18 PM by Bender »

thisoneguy

• Rep: -3
  • d d dd d d dd dd
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2007, 08:08:23 AM »
CALGARY CANADA

spots
MILLS!

Whokilled1962

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »
I just moved to New York,
Ayone want to tell me some spots besides union,tompkins, and the blown out banks to skate? Show me some spots and we could bro down with burritoes and beers!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »
Salina, Kansas aka shit town

Shop:
Focus Skate Shop/Park. Located at 831 york street, constuction on the park is due to start on Febuary 8th and should be done by the end of March.

Spots:

Memorial Hall- Golden 8 stair with some decent handrails.

Libary- Across the street from memorial, huge plaza with ledges, stairs and manny pads

Oakdale- A drop/loading dock spot

Food:

Only places worth trying is Greeks Pizza and Martenellies lil Italy.

If you wanna meet up with some skaters just go to the skatepark located on the west end of town, its just a shit modular place but for some reason we go there.

I kid I grew up with in AZ married a girl from Salina a little over a year ago. Small world. We flew out there for the wedding and man did that place seem dreary... Seems like a good place to score meth.

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:02 PM »
Anyone from Baltimore or D.C.? I'm about to go visit my brother out there soon.

BERKELEY, CA

Parks:
Berkeley Skatepark on 5th and Harrison
"skate plaza" thing on Martin Luther King between Center and Allston

Spots:
UC Berkeley campus. Your allowed to skate on the campus for transportation, so just don't stay at one spot too long. Its the cops policy to give you a formal warning before giving you a ticket, so if you've never had your name written down you don't really need to worry about being fined. Its best to go when schools not in session, especially at night. Check the art musuem.

Shop: 510 at Bancroft and Telegraph.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:40:03 PM by woody »
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
i was in berkley for a couple hours. i didnt skate though. instead i went to this little shop and in the basement there was this d and d dungeon. it was soo rad.

i was gunna cruise out that night to find a party. instead i got kicked out of the hotel, and caught the nearest bus home before it got too cold.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Any Time At All

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »
Harisburg, PA
not shit here, don't come

karlo

• Rep: -1
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »
Trogir, Croatia

Spots: few ledges near the big bridge, nice amount of stairs hidden around the main city.

Shop: none

Park: none

Skate scene: only me.

If you ever come here, go to the bus station take bus #&, this will lead you to Split, Croatia.

Spots: when you get off the station go down towards the sea, on your left you will see four sets of five stairs all with enough space inbetween them to set up. Also ledges there. Now keep going down the street more, and youll see the farmers market (outdoor) and to the right of it there will be a park with a fountain in it, there is a billion ledges all around it and this is where all the skaters meet up at.

Shops: Atlantis Skateshop  www.atlantisskate.hr   check for directions

Parks: none it got torn down

Skate Scene: lots of people all older, like 15 and 16 to like some hesh ass thirty year olds, rarely will you see little kids around, ive never see one.

Orgone

• Rep: 16
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »

Baltimore is a lot of fun to skate. I have only visited there twice, but both times there was tons of shit to skate. If you want I could hook you up with some people out there and you could probably meet up at a spot to poke around.

Also, is anyone from Redlands/ Inland Empire area or knows any parks or anything to skate during the day? I'm going out there to visit my lady and she's at work all day so I will be in search of skate.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:11:41 PM by Orgone »

SimonP

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Chicago:

Shop:

Uprise: 1820 N. Milwaukee ave.
 http://www.upriseskateshop.com/

the hub of skateboarding in chicago (the suburbs don't count, ha!)

Spots:

just go downtown, sundays are best, but generally after 7 is good and if you skate in the loop wait until the bike cops are off work at 11:00. Unlike say, LA (BOOOOOOOOO) you can actually skate spot to spot ( at least downtown) and or just take a train to some other neighborhood and explore.

wicker park has some spots ( the neighborhood uprise is in), Clemente high school is skater central

Transport:

the public transport, though getting more and more expensive the CTA is where it's at, and if you get a day pass, a week pass, or a month pass, avaiable at any check cashing or whatever place, it's a bargain if you take the train/bus more than twice a day.

Food:

i miss chicago food so bad

Pequad's pizza is a must, at Webster & Clybourn, the best Chicago Pizza, $5 lunch special is the best, a small ( not that small) pizza and a beer, so gooood.

Billygoats, it's downtown, it's cheap, it's on lower wacker drive (another good skate spot for the colder wetter days)

Pizza Metro, again, wicker park, another skater hub

Potbelly's, a chicago chain that makes good subs

... there is so much good food in this city

Skateparks:

Wilson: on the northside, fairly easy to get to on the train, good bowls, some street stuff, is lit up at night

31st: a great idea poorly executed but still very fun, this is on the southside, it is tough to get to by bus, it can be done, but driving recomended, not lit up at night

the new ledge park: it's in the south loop... i forget the address, but it's dope, lots of recycled plastic benches by this cool dude Dan Peterman.. it's a little south of the art institute (which used to be a great spot), the park is lit up at night.

so that's that, go to Uprise, go to Pequads, skate the ledge park until 11:00, then go skate the loop and that's a good day

CHI OR DIE!
Chicago is probably one of the sickest places ever I've ever visited. I am planning to go there again hopefully.

Mr.Alabama

• Rep: 1
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
Marietta, GA

MELLOW MUSHROOM

Hell yeah, we got one here too.  Bomb ass pizza.

They give out stickers too.  I got a ton.

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Baltimore is a lot of fun to skate. I have only visited there twice, but both times there was tons of shit to skate. If you want I could hook you up with some people out there and you could probably meet up at a spot to poke around.

Also, is anyone from Redlands/ Inland Empire area or knows any parks or anything to skate during the day? I'm going out there to visit my lady and she's at work all day so I will be in search of skate.
My brother was staying at my aunts in Baltimore but now he has his own place in DC so I'll be there most the time. I am still flying in to Baltimore though, so maybe I'll check it out briefly on my own before getting on a train. Thanks for the invitation though.
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »
BOULDER, CO

Sussix ledge: 30th+walnut st.
14 rail+CU campus at duane physics building
South boulder gap+broadway and table mesa dr (bike path)
underpass ledge+30th st and Iris st (bike path)
rainbow ledge+Pearl st and 26th (4stair sidewalk gap across the parking lot)
curb high manny pads(long and short)+30th st and Valmont rd

thats a good start