Author Topic: Jordan Richter goez to zoomiez to get skate smarter.  (Read 3977 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Jordan Richter goez to zoomiez to get skate smarter.
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:55 PM »

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Jordan Richter goez to zoomiez to get skate smarter.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:24:42 PM »
oh man, that was bad, really bad, unreal

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
how did you find this? you didnt actually search for jordan richter videos, did you? this is the real concern here.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
Kudos to making a funny video about it,
but there is absolutely nothing surprising here.
This video is just common knowledge: DONT GO TO ZUMIEZ
For god's sake, their mascot is a couch

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »
Wheelbase, 52.  Confirmed.  ???
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
Kudos to making a funny video about it,
but there is absolutely nothing surprising here.
This video is just common knowledge: DONT GO TO ZUMIEZ
For god's sake, their mascot is a couch

Are most Zumiez really that bad? Here we have West 49's, but most of the dudes I've talked to working at them actually skate and know their shit, wayyyy more legit than whats in this video

pinch a loaf

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »
definitely don't buy a walnut or a balsa wood deck. holy shit

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
^^
Yes, at least in my area, they are the worst. Alot of the employed kids claim they skate, but will speak like the kid in said video.
It's just an embarrassment really.

However, I could see it being different in another area

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 02:31:53 PM »
oh man, that was bad, really bad, unreal

Fast forward part?

asakusa75

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
Man...I thoroughly enjoyed that. As a father of two small boys, I get this kind of garbage all the time, it really happens.
Most of the time, I try to avoid those huge mall stalls like the plague, but sometimes they have sales...ruthless sales, and I can get shoes and whatnot for my sons for next to nothing.
But for gear, actual skate stuff, I always go to the real skateshop near my house. Way smaller operation but the guys there are always cool to my kids and give them stickers and stuff. And they are skaters, they don't try and bullshit us.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »
Obviously pointing out the obvious but Jordan Richter is cool with me. The two nollie flips in Toys R Us on the Tony Hawk board is sick.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
I went to zumiez a few months back just to get a sheet of grip. I try to go to my local but its a 45 min drive so not the most convenient at times. One patron in the store said I looked like Bob Burnquist. I've never gotten that before so I asked the employee if he agreed. He said, "I don't know who that is." Color me shocked.

Xtal

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
I like Jordan, but god damn that skate school he runs fucking sucks to skate around during summer.
you never know about pre-cum 

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 01:01:54 AM »
I went to zumiez a few months back just to get a sheet of grip. I try to go to my local but its a 45 min drive so not the most convenient at times. One patron in the store said I looked like Bob Burnquist. I've never gotten that before so I asked the employee if he agreed. He said, "I don't know who that is." Color me shocked.
If I worked in a Zumiez and this happened I would've said the same thing

Dengles

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 05:19:13 AM »
The manager at the Zumiez close to my place actually skates, he's pretty good too, I've only seen him around a few times though.  The manager of the Zumiez in Wheaton doesn't seem to skate and always comments shit on the instagram's of some the younger local skateboarder about how they shouldn't believe the support your local thing and how Zumiez always has good deals.  My place is closer to the skateshop than Zumiez so I guess I will never get to experience the joy of shopping there. 

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 07:02:58 AM »
I used to steal shit all the time from zumiez. Stuffing videos into my pants. Switch my beat up shoes with the clearance shoes that they leave out on the sales floosWhile I was working at a real skateshop, a rep for a shoe company told me that zumiez has a huge shoplifting problem so thats good to hear.

Once my friend broke his kingpin and the closest shop was a hour+ away so we decided to go to the zumies that was around the corner and we tried to get the sales kid to fix his kingpin. the kid had no idea where to even start so he just gave my friend a new set of trucks.

Another friend of mine had bought a bunch of grip in bulk over the internet that ended up being garbage so he went to zumiez, bought a bunch more, switched the little sticker tag from the zumiez sheet which i think was jessup to the garbage he got from the internet then went back the next day and returned it all.

The place is a total joke. They must order so much shit because all the major companies support them. All the major pros also go to their big winter snowboard party. I just saw it on instagram the other week.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 07:13:57 AM »
The manager at the Zumiez close to my place actually skates, he's pretty good too, I've only seen him around a few times though.  The manager of the Zumiez in Wheaton doesn't seem to skate and always comments shit on the instagram's of some the younger local skateboarder about how they shouldn't believe the support your local thing and how Zumiez always has good deals.  My place is closer to the skateshop than Zumiez so I guess I will never get to experience the joy of shopping there. 
mines almost the same way, but theres a homie working there that skates that holds it down, granted he never said anything about not supporting your local skateshop thing, and the local skate shop that was here closed a while ago so the closest one is 50+ miles out of the way, so i end up going in there on occasion, it's cool though, homie just lets me go at the back counter with all the wheels and the boards and shit, speaking of boards they had a flip rowley board that i want to get as a wall hanger.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
Mines worse than this. I've only been there once and I'll never go back. I got some stuff for Christmas and had to return it and the dude in there was the most hipster loser ive ever seen, he had the tightest pants ever a massive lucky rabbits foot hanging out of his back pocket a vest and a fucking coon skin cap. He asked me if I was interesting in getting a board because they were having some kind of sale and he told me that the sale applied to all the long boards and the "trick boards"
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »
my zumiez stories go far and wide...there's one around the corner from where i work that i'll grab a sheet from jessup from if i need it here and there.

i matched with a chick on tinder maybe two years ago. she was cute, had a nosering, pretty good looking, tattoos, seemed cool. told me she had just quit her job at some other mall shop to start working for a zumiez. i immediately said "HAHAHAHA THAT SUCKS" and didn't get a response. the night oververt came out i was drunk at a party with some friends and we were fucking with people on tinder that we hadn't talked to in months. i sent this chick "did you guys get the enjoi video in," she responds "no we didn't yet but maybe in a few weeks." i politely write back "wow what the fuck you guys call yourselves a skate shop what kind of fucked up business model do you guys follow???" and she starts cursing me out (((VIA TINDER))). i, again, politely call her ad dumb braud and that she should stop working there as soon as possible.

about three weeks ago i stumble into the zumiez she claimed to work at and saw oververt in the clearance bin for $1.99. i grabbed it, laughed, and brought it up to the counter. the kid ringing me up goes "whoa cool! its so cheap! this is that panda company right?" i laughed and said "sure. does nicole, 23, from tinder still work here?" he looked at me all puzzled and goes "what?" and i laughed my way out of the store. got a tinder message about 2 minutes later from nicole, 23, "were you just in my shop?"

"yeah bitch i got the panda video"

**end scene**
good come sausage

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
my zumiez stories go far and wide...there's one around the corner from where i work that i'll grab a sheet from jessup from if i need it here and there.

i matched with a chick on tinder maybe two years ago. she was cute, had a nosering, pretty good looking, tattoos, seemed cool. told me she had just quit her job at some other mall shop to start working for a zumiez. i immediately said "HAHAHAHA THAT SUCKS" and didn't get a response. the night oververt came out i was drunk at a party with some friends and we were fucking with people on tinder that we hadn't talked to in months. i sent this chick "did you guys get the enjoi video in," she responds "no we didn't yet but maybe in a few weeks." i politely write back "wow what the fuck you guys call yourselves a skate shop what kind of fucked up business model do you guys follow???" and she starts cursing me out (((VIA TINDER))). i, again, politely call her ad dumb braud and that she should stop working there as soon as possible.

about three weeks ago i stumble into the zumiez she claimed to work at and saw oververt in the clearance bin for $1.99. i grabbed it, laughed, and brought it up to the counter. the kid ringing me up goes "whoa cool! its so cheap! this is that panda company right?" i laughed and said "sure. does nicole, 23, from tinder still work here?" he looked at me all puzzled and goes "what?" and i laughed my way out of the store. got a tinder message about 2 minutes later from nicole, 23, "were you just in my shop?"

**end scene**

Whoa dude settle down

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
Zumiez sucks, but am I alone in thinking that it's kinda lame to go film yourself inside one of them just to embarrass some dumb kid? Having an incompetent staff without proper knowledge is the fault of management and the company, not some teenager trying to pay for his gas. I'm sure any of you would be bummed if you were working a shitty corporate/retail job and some asshole who knows more than you pulled this.

I used to work for Guitar Center, and any musician whose shopped there before can probably see the comparisons with a place like Zumiez. They don't care about musicians or knowledgable staff, they care about who can make them the most money and who can be the most cutthroat salesman so they can earn pennies more than their competitors on the floor. They often hired people who have never touched an instrument in their life for shallow reasons. (They hired a couple inexperienced girls because, quote, "we needed some of those".) It's shitty, but what are you gonna do, blame the girls for accepting a job? Go film them so everyone knows how much more you know than they do?

This video is something I'd expect from a snobby 18 year old "cool guy", not some grown ass man who used to be pro.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »

**end scene**
If anything is core it's dissing a girl for working at zumiez sacrificing sex to keep it real lol, I like that

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 03:14:46 PM »
Zumiez sucks, but am I alone in thinking that it's kinda lame to go film yourself inside one of them just to embarrass some dumb kid? Having an incompetent staff without proper knowledge is the fault of management and the company, not some teenager trying to pay for his gas. I'm sure any of you would be bummed if you were working a shitty corporate/retail job and some asshole who knows more than you pulled this.

I used to work for Guitar Center, and any musician whose shopped there before can probably see the comparisons with a place like Zumiez. They don't care about musicians or knowledgable staff, they care about who can make them the most money and who can be the most cutthroat salesman so they can earn pennies more than their competitors on the floor. They often hired people who have never touched an instrument in their life for shallow reasons. (They hired a couple inexperienced girls because, quote, "we needed some of those".) It's shitty, but what are you gonna do, blame the girls for accepting a job? Go film them so everyone knows how much more you know than they do?

This video is something I'd expect from a snobby 18 year old "cool guy", not some grown ass man who used to be pro.
He did blur out his face. I bought some indy bushings at a zumiez within the last few weeks, I had to explain to the girl what they were, but I expected it. It's obvious the point he's making isn't to embarrass the kid, it's to tell people to not shop at zumiez. He runs a skate school, and a lot of the kids show up with shitty boards from target or wherever. He's probably trying to educate the parents of these kids (literally, 6-10 year olds) that you're not going to have a great experience at zumiez either.
you never know about pre-cum 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »

**end scene**

You sound like a very happy person as well as one that is quite pleasant to be around
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 05:44:49 PM »

The Guitar Center analogy works, athough there does seem to be some small amount of room for mom and pop music stores to coexist with big music stores whereas once Zumiez takes away the dumb kid money, skateshops go broke.

It's like when people get all indignant that the minimum wage workers at Walmart didn't know a car battery from a Double A. You get what you pay for.

Honestly, there are guys at core shops who can't tell you what a wheelbase is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:55:08 AM by Willie »

StupidlyOriginal_SB

• Rep: -5
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
The manager at the Zumiez close to my place actually skates, he's pretty good too, I've only seen him around a few times though.�  The manager of the Zumiez in Wheaton doesn't seem to skate and always comments shit on the instagram's of some the younger local skateboarder about how they shouldn't believe the support your local thing and how Zumiez always has good deals.�  My place is closer to the skateshop than Zumiez so I guess I will never get to experience the joy of shopping there.� 
[close]
mines almost the same way, but theres a homie working there that skates that holds it down, granted he never said anything about not supporting your local skateshop thing, and the local skate shop that was here closed a while ago so the closest one is 50+ miles out of the way, so i end up going in there on occasion, it's cool though, homie just lets me go at the back counter with all the wheels and the boards and shit, speaking of boards they had a flip rowley board that i want to get as a wall hanger.

It just depends, I used to work there, and I swear I was one of the only guys that actually skated in the district. Everyone claimed they had been skating for years and blaah blaah blaah, but when it came down to it, never.

The discount is tight, 100k is corny, and getting to give some little shit head his first skateboard was ALWAYS rewarding.

Xtal

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 07:26:53 PM »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 01:47:56 AM »
*man bun drops skate tool* "give him a high five or whatever"

**end scene**
really bruh? -1. wasn't oververt sold full price at like 4.99? you act like you got tiltmode at that price, fuckouttahere.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:10 AM »

This guy sure likes saying Ryan, dontcha Ryan?
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa