Author Topic: Jordan Richter goez to zoomiez to get skate smarter.  (Read 3976 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Re: Jordan Richter goez to zoomiez to get skate smarter.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 09:32:50 AM »
Zumiez sucks, but am I alone in thinking that it's kinda lame to go film yourself inside one of them just to embarrass some dumb kid? Having an incompetent staff without proper knowledge is the fault of management and the company, not some teenager trying to pay for his gas. I'm sure any of you would be bummed if you were working a shitty corporate/retail job and some asshole who knows more than you pulled this.

I used to work for Guitar Center, and any musician whose shopped there before can probably see the comparisons with a place like Zumiez. They don't care about musicians or knowledgable staff, they care about who can make them the most money and who can be the most cutthroat salesman so they can earn pennies more than their competitors on the floor. They often hired people who have never touched an instrument in their life for shallow reasons. (They hired a couple inexperienced girls because, quote, "we needed some of those".) It's shitty, but what are you gonna do, blame the girls for accepting a job? Go film them so everyone knows how much more you know than they do?

This video is something I'd expect from a snobby 18 year old "cool guy", not some grown ass man who used to be pro.

I don't think he's trying to embarrass the kid that's why his face is blurred and his name isn't used.
The guitar center thing is exactly the same though. The point is that the company should hire competent workers. You can't tell me that when the girls at guitar center or the kid working the counter at zumiez in this video were hired there weren't other applicants that actually had knowledge and experience and could back it up verbally in an interview.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Xtal

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »
^Get ready for the White Knights to attack you for being "sexist".

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »
I've got two buddies that work at Zumiez, but they're both cool as fuck and good at skating. It's just an easy job for them, but they definitely sabotage it from the inside out. Stealing for friends, swapping broken shit for new things as "warranties". That being said, it's still fucking awful garbage. They always have like 20 different pairs of Janoskis on the wall its embarrassing.

I had a kid come into the shop I work at with a set up he got from Zumiez. He wanted me to re-grip his board because the girl at Zumiez cut the sheet short and gripped his board, but opted to put no grip on the tail because the sheet was small. She explained to the kid that he didn't need grip on the tail because you kickflip off the top of the board. Yikes  ???

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
I work at a shop and we have people bringing in boards all the time to get "fixed" after being set up at Zumiez. It's pretty funny, the amount of times I've switched trucks for people who brought them in with the kingpins facing out  :D