Author Topic: 8.25/8.38 questions  (Read 1941 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Go Faster!
Re: 8.25/8.38 questions
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 11:41:17 AM »
I bounce back and forth between those two sizes. I'm not too picky about wheelbase but I've become quite a stickler for the nose and tail being big enough. I like companies like Quasi and FA that are doing the real squared noses and tails, but I can deal with it being rounded as long as it's roomy enough like an Anti-Hero or something. I recently set up an 8.25 that was really tapered like a football shape and I couldn't deal with it. The nose and tail felt tiny even though the board itself was still an 8.25.

Same here, prefer bigger fuller shapes for my 8.25/8.38. WB can either be 14.25 or 14.3x. I can't stand tapered/pointy shapes.

Thing is I like 8.3s with both WB, super rare to have 8.3 with shorter WBs tho, on average.

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
Re: 8.25/8.38 questions
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2022, 03:36:58 PM »
(soz annoying Q's)Been looking at this madness shape board basically since the brand started but never seen one in person. https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Madness_Eye_Dot_Deck/descpage-MDEDDK.html

Anyone had one, thoughts? Does it taper more than it looks? Thunder 149s alright?

Not that one but I have the square 8.37 x 31.6 shape and I hate to admit it's one of my favorite decks in the entire quiver. Mines the mild concave mid kick mold, not sure what that one is. I skate it on Thunder 149 hollows and its perfect. I've been skating it as a wet weather setup for months just to try and kill it and it still feels great.