Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 786421 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1110 on: April 07, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

coneklr

« Reply #1111 on: April 07, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Those look nice!  So far I'm loving the 420's ... if you have a wider front to your foot they are the perfect fit!  Only thing some may have issues with ( other than if you don't like the roomy fit ) is the first session or two, flip tricks will probably be off.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #1112 on: April 08, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »
What’s Foy skating in, 255? 379?

Correct as BBK said...his model is the 306 and it drops 7/1.  Those black ones are in the first drop along with a forest green colorway.  Most shops who carry NB# booked them so you should see them if you have a spot to go to locally.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1113 on: April 08, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »
Expand Quote
What’s Foy skating in, 255? 379?
[close]

Correct as BBK said...his model is the 306 and it drops 7/1.  Those black ones are in the first drop along with a forest green colorway.  Most shops who carry NB# booked them so you should see them if you have a spot to go to locally.

Awesome! I appreciate it! My local carries NB# so hopefully they have them in my size (12) I got lucky and got the last or one of the last size 12 in the 440. Which I have now and really enjoy.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1114 on: April 09, 2019, 02:34:35 PM »
Rothdigga, need to know is the 868 getting phased out? Didn’t see it in the new drop. It’s my favorite shoe and I need to start stocking up if it’s going away soon. Hope not though

rothdigga

« Reply #1115 on: April 09, 2019, 07:38:32 PM »
Rothdigga, need to know is the 868 getting phased out? Didn’t see it in the new drop. It’s my favorite shoe and I need to start stocking up if it’s going away soon. Hope not though

Start stocking up Homeboy!  With the 913 Westgate being released, it's basically an upgrade of the 868, so they're a little redundant.  But we've still got them on the site and I'm sure plenty of other shops and retailers have them so snag what you want.  Maybe give the Westgate a shot though if you haven't, it's a slimmed down version of the 868 but still uses the same N2 heel cushion and has the padding tapered off towards the front for flex.  Hope that helps. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1116 on: April 09, 2019, 08:09:01 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #1117 on: April 10, 2019, 01:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Start stocking up Homeboy!  With the 913 Westgate being released, it's basically an upgrade of the 868, so they're a little redundant.  But we've still got them on the site and I'm sure plenty of other shops and retailers have them so snag what you want.  Maybe give the Westgate a shot though if you haven't, it's a slimmed down version of the 868 but still uses the same N2 heel cushion and has the padding tapered off towards the front for flex.  Hope that helps.

Damn that’s a bummer! Love that shoe because it lasts forever never loses shape/gets floppy and so supportive. I had a feeling it would be going away I assume it’s expensive to make and probably not super popular. Westgates shoe looks sick, maybe I’ll try it once the 868 is officially dust.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1118 on: April 10, 2019, 04:05:53 AM »
Just started skating the 212's and I fucking love them, they're like the CK nikes, but better... they better keep making them, I just cleared space for a solid stockpile!

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #1119 on: April 10, 2019, 06:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm bummed on the phasing out of the 868 as well.  The 868 had such a unique shape that made it very stable and comfortable like no other skate shoe on the market.  The 913 just feels like a normal tech cupsole to me. 

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1120 on: April 10, 2019, 07:31:37 AM »
Echoing what those said above, I don't want to see the 868 go away.

I rotate between 533 and 868 and do plan on trying the Westgate 913's next but don't want the 868 to go the way of the dodo.

the cowboy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1121 on: April 10, 2019, 10:09:32 AM »
Love my 868s.  Keep them but change the sole pattern to non pebble catcher.  Kills me when companies stop making some of their best models

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #1122 on: April 10, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm bummed on the phasing out of the 868 as well.  The 868 had such a unique shape that made it very stable and comfortable like no other skate shoe on the market.  The 913 just feels like a normal tech cupsole to me.

It’s truly a bummer, haven’t tried on the 913 it looks sick but I know it won’t be the same as the 868. If it’s a slimmed down version I think I’ll be a bit bummed on it. I’m at the stage where when I find something that works I don’t switch it up. I’ve only skated this shoe for the last year and a half or so (that’s 3 pairs btw skating 2-8 hours a week) For me the 868 is perfect, it’s super supportive, a pair will last me 4-6 Months, never flops out, feels super light and snug, looks dope I could go on and on.

On a side note I’m Currently scowering the web looking to stock up but it’s kinda slim Pickings. I’ve boight 4 pairs so far and wouldn’t be opposed to buying 6 more, everywhere I looked so far I’ve gotten the last of my size of the color way  or I’d had doubled up. Anyone sees any 8.5’s out there for a decent price holla, I’ll pay full retail but want to exhaust all the sale shoes I can find first.

birdplops

« Reply #1123 on: April 10, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »
868 over the 913.

Sole tread was the only bummer of the 868. The 913 are so stiff even after a bunch of skating and walking around, and are oddly noisy. They look good, but probably wouldn't get them again.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #1124 on: April 10, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »
Interesting to see all the love for the 868. They didnt do anything for me. I am in love with the 533v2 though, not sure I need to try the 913 soon.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1125 on: April 10, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
I've been thinking about trying out the 868 and now I think I'm finally gonna pull the trigger since they're getting phased out.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1126 on: April 10, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »
Bummer, just got my first pair of 868's, definitely would have kept buying them. Will give the Westgate's a shot though.

Anyone who's skated the 868's and the Westgate's, compare/contrast? 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:07:57 AM by palelight »

Nicki

« Reply #1127 on: April 10, 2019, 09:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do the 913 or 868 come in a size 12.5 US? The 12 is too short, but the 13 is too big for skate. I bought 868 and 513v2 in 12 anyway, but toe rubs. Any luck?

rothdigga

« Reply #1128 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Do the 913 or 868 come in a size 12.5 US? The 12 is too short, but the 13 is too big for skate. I bought 868 and 513v2 in 12 anyway, but toe rubs. Any luck?

Ugh, that's a bummer man.  I wish we did a 12.5 but we don't have a mold opened for that size (or 6.5 for that matter), those are the only 1/2 sizes that we don't do.  I wonder if the 440 or another cupsole would fit for you in a 12? 

rothdigga

« Reply #1129 on: April 10, 2019, 10:52:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s truly a bummer, haven’t tried on the 913 it looks sick but I know it won’t be the same as the 868. If it’s a slimmed down version I think I’ll be a bit bummed on it. I’m at the stage where when I find something that works I don’t switch it up. I’ve only skated this shoe for the last year and a half or so (that’s 3 pairs btw skating 2-8 hours a week) For me the 868 is perfect, it’s super supportive, a pair will last me 4-6 Months, never flops out, feels super light and snug, looks dope I could go on and on.

On a side note I’m Currently scowering the web looking to stock up but it’s kinda slim Pickings. I’ve boight 4 pairs so far and wouldn’t be opposed to buying 6 more, everywhere I looked so far I’ve gotten the last of my size of the color way  or I’d had doubled up. Anyone sees any 8.5’s out there for a decent price holla, I’ll pay full retail but want to exhaust all the sale shoes I can find first.

I forgot to add but this will help...we do have a special edition 868 coming out (rider colorway) in Aug of this year, so stay tuned for those and snag some when they drop for sure.  Good luck finding some sale shoes though, I do see 3 colors in 8.5 currently available on our NB.com site if you want to check. 

Nicki

« Reply #1130 on: April 12, 2019, 07:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ugh, that's a bummer man.  I wish we did a 12.5 but we don't have a mold opened for that size (or 6.5 for that matter), those are the only 1/2 sizes that we don't do.  I wonder if the 440 or another cupsole would fit for you in a 12?

Thanks for the reply - looks like I lucked out. I’ll go try on the 440; hopefully it’s got a bit more give.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: April 12, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
A couple pairs from NB# just touched down.

Excited to try out the 913

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1132 on: April 12, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »

That's a sick 913 colorway. I just picked up the 913 in 'Sea Salt'.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:41:05 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: April 13, 2019, 08:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks, can't wait to try them out. Real flexible out the box.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1135 on: April 13, 2019, 09:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I forgot to add but this will help...we do have a special edition 868 coming out (rider colorway) in Aug of this year, so stay tuned for those and snag some when they drop for sure.  Good luck finding some sale shoes though, I do see 3 colors in 8.5 currently available on our NB.com site if you want to check.

tyler surrey colorway?

birdplops

« Reply #1136 on: April 13, 2019, 11:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've had a couple of good sessions in them this week, but wholly disagree. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say- especially those who aren't sent them for free.

What is flexibility? Perhaps it means very different things to different people, but it's the first thing out of the gate in the Tactics preview:

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1137 on: April 14, 2019, 01:23:59 AM »
Hey rothdigga any info on that slip on Jake Hayes has been skating recently? Could it be the cupsole slip slap has always wanted?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1138 on: April 14, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've had a couple of good sessions in them this week, but wholly disagree. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say- especially those who aren't sent them for free.

What is flexibility? Perhaps it means very different things to different people, but it's the first thing out of the gate in the Tactics preview:

Been wearing my 913s around and have only done a couple of commutes on the board with them, no sessions yet.

They're very light and breathable, which was my main reason for getting them as my feet get sweaty, the seasalt colorway make me feel like I'm wearing old man shoes.

After wearing vulcs for so long, like a few years now, wearing a cup feels odd in the heel area, like I'm standing on a wedge (the buzenits felt the same) but I'll get used it it I assume; toe box has a weird pointy square shape but plenty of room, can't wait until to squashes out a little.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1139 on: April 14, 2019, 01:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Been wearing my 913s around and have only done a couple of commutes on the board with them, no sessions yet.

They're very light and breathable, which was my main reason for getting them as my feet get sweaty, the seasalt colorway make me feel like I'm wearing old man shoes.

After wearing vulcs for so long, like a few years now, wearing a cup feels odd in the heel area, like I'm standing on a wedge (the buzenits felt the same) but I'll get used it it I assume; toe box has a weird pointy square shape but plenty of room, can't wait until to squashes out a little.

Everything you just described was what I disliked about his Emerica shoe.
I’ll be sticking to the 255’s