Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765542 times)

coneklr

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #480 on: July 19, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »
TATE with the 533v2 having dropped there are some great deals on the og version ... if I wanted to give the shoe another go, should I cop the v1 at a discount knowing it will probably feel more worth the money or are the v2 that much better?  ( feel free to sell me a pair of your v2s if you'd like 😉😉 )

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #481 on: July 19, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
TATE with the 533v2 having dropped there are some great deals on the og version ... if I wanted to give the shoe another go, should I cop the v1 at a discount knowing it will probably feel more worth the money or are the v2 that much better?  ( feel free to sell me a pair of your v2s if you'd like 😉😉 )

I would say get the v2, seems like everything that was wrong with the OG version (to me) like the heel padding stuffing coming apart has been fixed with some type of ballistic mesh? Ripping laces, ankle area not enough cushion, and the sizing issue has been fixed on the v2.

The v2 has the same sole and outsole like the v1 so it's definitely good in those parts. But like the OG pairs, the v2 is still stiff as shit. I def had to microwave them a little to break them in.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Master of slams

• Rep: 0
« Reply #482 on: July 20, 2017, 03:30:06 AM »
Hows the fit on 598? Any comments on boardfeel? I know its a cupsole, but how are they? I tried skating ishods, but they were too narrow for my feet  :(

I've been skating HUF classics and vans sk8 hi for the the past few years and kinda wanted to try something new...

I spend too much money on gear I don't need

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
I think it was mentioned on here the 598s get more flexible than 533s when broken in.

I can't get the 533 sole to flex as much as I need, mainly in the toe area. Been trying to wear them in for a only a week, maybe 3-4 hours skating. It's an excellent shoe structurally, the secure fit is really nice but I have zero board feel. I always skate cupsoles but I've never had shoes remain so rigid, It even hurts my feet landing on the ground because there's no flex -- is this how the shoe stays through its entire life?  :-[

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2017, 11:41:13 AM »
I think it was mentioned on here the 598s get more flexible than 533s when broken in.

I can't get the 533 sole to flex as much as I need, mainly in the toe area. Been trying to wear them in for a only a week, maybe 3-4 hours skating. It's an excellent shoe structurally, the secure fit is really nice but I have zero board feel. I always skate cupsoles but I've never had shoes remain so rigid, It even hurts my feet landing on the ground because there's no flex -- is this how the shoe stays through its entire life?  :-[

Give it some more time. I don't microwave them I just wear them around for a few weeks before skating them. They def. get less stiff over time.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #485 on: July 21, 2017, 01:32:09 AM »
I'd say the soles of the 533s remain almost brick for the first 8-10 hours of skating. Then from the 10th hour, every single session is better than the one before. I've been skating the 533s since early June, between 2 and 4 hours a week, and I feel they are on the best point right now. Still plenty of life. I can see myself skating those until september and get around 80 hours of skating them.

I had them on sale, but that's one of the few shoes that I'd be ok to buy full price, because they really deliver.

Really a good shoe if you're willing to put some time into breaking them.

I want to try the V2s once I go through all the other shoes I have still to skate. I'm a heelflipper so the reinforcement on the collar will be a great thing.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »
I'd say the soles of the 533s remain almost brick for the first 8-10 hours of skating. Then from the 10th hour, every single session is better than the one before. I've been skating the 533s since early June, between 2 and 4 hours a week, and I feel they are on the best point right now. Still plenty of life. I can see myself skating those until september and get around 80 hours of skating them.

I had them on sale, but that's one of the few shoes that I'd be ok to buy full price, because they really deliver.

Really a good shoe if you're willing to put some time into breaking them.

I want to try the V2s once I go through all the other shoes I have still to skate. I'm a heelflipper so the reinforcement on the collar will be a great thing.

Yep, that part is fixed with the V2. In the OG pair, the stuffing out come out after that part ripped and it was really annoying.

I do a lot of sw heels and no rips in either shoe. I've skated the shoe for maybe a month or so.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

asakusa75

« Reply #487 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:17 PM »
Has anybody else had an issue like this....my Artos started coming apart after one week and I haven't even skated them yet.
Just from walking around, maybe its because they are from the first run...? No idea really.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:22:07 PM by asakusa75 »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #488 on: July 26, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »
Has anybody else had an issue like this....my Artos started coming apart after one week and I haven't even skated them yet.
Just from walking around, maybe its because they are from the first run...? No idea really.
that's crazy dude, talk to user: rothmyer?
I was going to drop some funds on the canvas white version a while back, kinda glad I didn't

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

asakusa75

« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2017, 12:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was going to drop some funds on the canvas white version a while back, kinda glad I didn't

Emailed pics to NB here, see what they say...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2017, 12:12:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Maybe hit up their customer service as well?

http://www.newbalance.com/customerservice

asakusa75

« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2017, 12:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Maybe hit up their customer service as well?

http://www.newbalance.com/customerservice

Yeah, I emailed their customer service over here...see what they say.
Thanks.

rubbery vagina

« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »
Stoked on how well the 533's are holding up after 20+ hours of skating now. I couldn't skate in them for shit and was about to give up until around 8 hours in. They are getting better every session like others have said.

Didn't rip laces until 15 hours in which was unexpected. Tre flips are harder to flip right as I can't curl my toes over the board enough, but otherwise most of the board control is back.

The break in period is daunting.. and you have to do more than just walk around in them before they start skating good, cause the lip on the cupsole is not rounded off. Only doing flip tricks helps smoothen that out but with the harder rubber it takes awhile. I guess that is the trade off for durability.

NB#, make the toe area more flexible and this will be the best cupsole out there by FAR. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get another pair.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #493 on: July 27, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »

Hey, hit me with a DM if customer service doesn't sort you out after you emailed them.  I don't want anyone to leave you hanging!
Thanks man. 

asakusa75

« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey, hit me with a DM if customer service doesn't sort you out after you emailed them.  I don't want anyone to leave you hanging!
Thanks man. 

Wow. Thanks, I wasnt expecting that.
We need more people like you on here.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »
Laced up a new pair of the 533 v2.

asakusa75

« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
Laced up a new pair of the 533 v2.

My replacements came in the mail too.
Stoked as. Can't wait to try them.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »
how many pairs of kicks you sittin on at the moment Asakusa?

asakusa75

« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »

Couple....

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: August 09, 2017, 01:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Couple....
haha, all good mate I'm just projecting as I'm sitting on 3 myself

asakusa75

« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2017, 03:29:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Couple....
[close]
haha, all good mate I'm just projecting as I'm sitting on 3 myself

I need to take my socks off to count mine...nearly all of them are bargain sale shoes too.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man. 

Rothdigga is a fucking stand up guy

coneklr

« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man. 
[close]

Rothdigga is a fucking stand up guy

For real ... NB# should give him a code that we can link to the site through to buy shoes where he gets a kickback from it.  I know a few people in different industries with situations like that.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
Stoked on how well the 533's are holding up after 20+ hours of skating now. I couldn't skate in them for shit and was about to give up until around 8 hours in. They are getting better every session like others have said.

Didn't rip laces until 15 hours in which was unexpected. Tre flips are harder to flip right as I can't curl my toes over the board enough, but otherwise most of the board control is back.

The break in period is daunting.. and you have to do more than just walk around in them before they start skating good, cause the lip on the cupsole is not rounded off. Only doing flip tricks helps smoothen that out but with the harder rubber it takes awhile. I guess that is the trade off for durability.

NB#, make the toe area more flexible and this will be the best cupsole out there by FAR. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get another pair.

For those with issues breaking in shoes do you guys ever just flex the shit out of the sole before skating them? I always do it with my skate shoes and it makes them super easy to break in when you actually wear them cuz the rubber is already flexed & stretched out. I roll them up, bend them in multiple directions, twist them, all that good shit for like 5 minutes straight. usually takes me a session or 2 to break in any shoe I've ever skated.

i haven't skated the newer ones, but i did a shoe review on the 533s when they first came out and from what I remember the sole wasn't all that hard to break in. I know it has that revlite foam midsole and like any cupsole with that kind of midsole construction you gotta really mush up that foam even moreso than your typical rubber sole which can be kind of bitch, but nothing a little extra effort can't fix. anything with a foam midsole I have creased up pretty good before i even skate em

Anyways, I've been looking to return to these and try out the V2's as soon as the weather cools off and I'm skating in pants again. I really like what they did with hidden lace loops and that pocket on the tongue.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #504 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
I always do that too, but even with multiple times of doing it and skating them around 10 times they're still stiff as fuck, I gave up on them. It's the black/gum Ndure model so the upper is stiff as fuck as well.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:22 PM »
the 212's (with FP KO's) are the best toe cap shoe experience i've had thus far.  got them 1/2 size smaller than 533's

rubbery vagina

« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2017, 08:19:03 AM »
533 v2's definitely fit true to size now, yet some sites still suggest half sizing up based on the issue with first version. Will be a big ole waste of time if you do that.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »
What's the story on the 288? I think they look decent but reading up on them they seem to be more of a price point shoe?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2017, 06:00:12 PM »
533 v2's definitely fit true to size now, yet some sites still suggest half sizing up based on the issue with first version. Will be a big ole waste of time if you do that.

I went a half size up in the V2's still.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
What's the story on the 288? I think they look decent but reading up on them they seem to be more of a price point shoe?
they fit true to size and feel like a flatter soled busenitz pro.