Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765626 times)

Crap and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Global Moderator

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #870 on: July 21, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »
AM574 (Part of International Skate Line)

A few more models here: https://www.newbalance.com/search?q=AM

Deepern0ah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #871 on: July 21, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
On the website it says this about the AM shoes:
Court Classics
"Slip into our men’s retro-style court shoes and hit up your favorite neighborhood spot for a night out. In our vintage men’s tennis and basketball shoes, you can show off your old-school style with fresh kicks."

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #872 on: July 22, 2018, 12:25:22 AM »
On the website it says this about the AM shoes:
Court Classics
"Slip into our men’s retro-style court shoes and hit up your favorite neighborhood spot for a night out. In our vintage men’s tennis and basketball shoes, you can show off your old-school style with fresh kicks."

Court classics has a mix of these new (some reviews from February?) AM models and also shoes that are definitely no good for skating- the 300 vintage wouldn't last more than a few kickflips.

All of the AM variety, bar the 659, have the schtick about being a "performance skate shoe" and it's interesting to see the 101 slip-on is included.

Flatspot have a black colourway of the 574 as part of an "All Coasts" release of shoes, but searching shows that All Coasts nb shoes are super cheap at Schuh.

I don't really know what they are to the de facto skate collection, but if it opens up the chance for some more interesting colourways, then I suppose it can't hurt...?

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #873 on: July 24, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
All of the All Coast styles need a little refinement on their descriptions.  These are non-skate shoes that live in the court lifestyle division of NB, but are designed out of our offices here in LB.  The slip-ons are just regular, well made, slips but aren't built to be durable for skating.  Of course, Jake Hayes and a few dudes skate in them anyways, cause they're comfy as hell. 
But the 659 would be that traditional "comfy runner" silhouette that people expected we would make at some point.  Others are new silhouettes or flat-soled takedowns of traditional NB's like 574's.
Hope that all makes sense.  These are branded NEW BALANCE and not NUMERIC. 

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #874 on: July 24, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
All of the All Coast styles need a little refinement on their descriptions.  These are non-skate shoes that live in the court lifestyle division of NB, but are designed out of our offices here in LB.  The slip-ons are just regular, well made, slips but aren't built to be durable for skating.  Of course, Jake Hayes and a few dudes skate in them anyways, cause they're comfy as hell. 
But the 659 would be that traditional "comfy runner" silhouette that people expected we would make at some point.  Others are new silhouettes or flat-soled takedowns of traditional NB's like 574's.
Hope that all makes sense.  These are branded NEW BALANCE and not NUMERIC.

Thanks for clearing that up- I'm sure you've saved some heartache.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #875 on: August 02, 2018, 03:32:12 PM »
I guess check your local Marshalls for some steals.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #876 on: August 02, 2018, 07:00:34 PM »
A couple of pairs came in today. Thanks, NB#.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #878 on: August 08, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »
Rad colorway on those purple, black and gold PJs.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #879 on: August 12, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »
what's the sizing like with the 440, the 420 and theese v2?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #880 on: August 12, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

I personally think the 533 v2s are true to size after breaking in and fit fairly snug. Many people say you should size up half and that should work too.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #881 on: August 12, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmM-znBHDrf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12k776alwpje8

These are a good looking pair of shoes. If I can find them on sale eventually I'll pick them up.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #882 on: August 12, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I personally think the 533 v2s are true to size after breaking in and fit fairly snug. Many people say you should size up half and that should work too.
I just got a pair of 533 v2's today.  I drove to the New Balance store as well as 5 different shops in Los Angeles before finding a pair in my size. I'd size up half a size, or at least have the ability to try them on in person to feel them out before buying. I shattered my fibula a few years ago and I've been looking for a shoe brand that makes cupsoles as close and as comfortable as runners. I've had some great results and reduced pain with New Balance 574's Freshfoams, so I'm going to give these a shot, and maybe the 420's next
fuck you bama

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #883 on: August 13, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #884 on: August 14, 2018, 01:32:28 AM »
I hate the big N on the side panel some much that it's hard to like any of the models but has anybody tried to remove it and if so how did it look? I was looking for the flimsy hi top or the new Tom Knox shoe

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #885 on: August 14, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
I tried skating the 420s.  I skated them for 3 days before giving up on them.  The sole was way too thick and stiff and I couldn't deal with the lack of board feel.  They did surprisingly have a good flick, but I'm going back to my normal 212/533v2/255 rotation. 

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #886 on: August 14, 2018, 01:48:34 PM »
I hate the big N on the side panel some much that it's hard to like any of the models but has anybody tried to remove it and if so how did it look? I was looking for the flimsy hi top or the new Tom Knox shoe

removed from the 440 with a razor and tweezers.  no glue underneath.

would only note that the 'N' may prevent the mesh getting torn...but if foot placement/your tricks dont usually tear up the middle of the side panels on your shoes, then you're good.  the 'N' may also provide some structure to the sidewalls, similar to the Lucas Premiere ADV, but I think it feels better without it, to be honest.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:09:19 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #887 on: August 16, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got the 533 v2's about a month ago, had to go up half a size

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #888 on: August 20, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »
I tried skating the 420s.  I skated them for 3 days before giving up on them.  The sole was way too thick and stiff and I couldn't deal with the lack of board feel.  They did surprisingly have a good flick, but I'm going back to my normal 212/533v2/255 rotation.

How narrow would you say they are? Was thinking about getting a pair, but unsure of the sizing since I got wide feet.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #889 on: August 20, 2018, 06:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I just got a pair of 533 v2's today.  I drove to the New Balance store as well as 5 different shops in Los Angeles before finding a pair in my size. I'd size up half a size, or at least have the ability to try them on in person to feel them out before buying. I shattered my fibula a few years ago and I've been looking for a shoe brand that makes cupsoles as close and as comfortable as runners. I've had some great results and reduced pain with New Balance 574's Freshfoams, so I'm going to give these a shot, and maybe the 420's next

I went to the NB store in Santa Monica and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about Numeric. I found some regular 288s and said these but they're made for skating. Blank stares.

Where did you find that carries them? I went to Rip City and they didn't have my size. I want to cop a different color way of 533 so I can switch em out with the one pair I already have. Also, I would definitely like to try on the 420s.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2018, 07:28:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:30:27 PM by lamfordie »

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #891 on: August 20, 2018, 09:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How narrow would you say they are? Was thinking about getting a pair, but unsure of the sizing since I got wide feet.

They didn’t seem wide at all really. I was hoping for that too.  But the upper is flexible so they at least don’t feel tight. 

Smartass

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They didn’t seem wide at all really. I was hoping for that too.  But the upper is flexible so they at least don’t feel tight.

Alrighty thanks for the help. I ended ordering my normal size, lets see how it goes from there.

Art I'm looking forward to your write up on the 440's and 420's.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #893 on: August 25, 2018, 07:08:33 PM »
Just listened to the Westagte interview on the Bunt. Anyone have some pics of his shoe?? Will cop but love to see what they look like or will the just be a colorway? Regardless said he’s dropping a part w the release so we’ll be blessed with some goodies of his in the element video and the shoe release part. Can’t wait.

Westgate for SOTY!
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #894 on: August 25, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »
that thing on the tongue of the 533 v2's is amazing! i like how i can hide the knot of the laces in there and not have it be all over the place - first skate shoe ive seen to have this feature
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Smartass

« Reply #895 on: August 25, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
Feedback from my first session out with the 420's:
-Sizing is point
-Swapped the insoles for FP orthotics
-They look better on person
-Material makes them comfy and actually breath pretty well
-Sole is pretty flexible out of the box, so it honestly felt broke just from this first session
-Grip is definitely going to need more sessions to break in, at times it felt pretty slippery
-As Jar said, board feel is going to take sometime getting used to
-Same goes for the upper

Overall I like them, let see if the upper flops out early or maintains its shape.
Best part of the session was talking to a guy at the park and him asking if they were even skate shoes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:03:58 PM by Smartass »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #897 on: August 29, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #898 on: September 11, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
Just listened to the Westagte interview on the Bunt. Anyone have some pics of his shoe?? Will cop but love to see what they look like or will the just be a colorway? Regardless said he’s dropping a part w the release so we’ll be blessed with some goodies of his in the element video and the shoe release part. Can’t wait.

Westgate for SOTY!

Weartesting a pair right now, not sure what I'm allowed to say or not or if I can post photos, but easily the best shoe from NB Numeric I've skated in and I've weartested and owned a bunch of pairs. Its funny because they've got a long toebox for my short-wide feet (which is normally a death sentence for most shoes because it fucks with where I have to put my feet for fliptricks, and I'm not down for that) but they skate super good, are crazy comfortable, your foot feels like its surrounded by clouds but its not bulky at all and I still have good board feel/control. Also I'm pretty sure the suede this pair has is the most durable shit I've ever found on a pair of skate shoes outside of OG blazer mids.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:16:30 PM by Nate.Dog »

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #899 on: September 11, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote

Westgate for SOTY!
[close]

Weartesting a pair right now, not sure what I'm allowed to say or not or if I can post photos, but easily the best shoe from NB Numeric I've skated in and I've weartested and owned a bunch of pairs. Its funny because they've got a long toebox for my short-wide feet (which is normally a death sentence for most shoes because it fucks with where I have to put my feet for fliptricks, and I'm not down for that) but they skate super good, are crazy comfortable, your foot feels like its surrounded but clouds but its not bulky at all and I still have good board feel/control. Also I'm pretty sure the suede this pair has is the most durable shit I've ever found on a pair of skate shoes outside of OG blazer mids.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!