Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765550 times)

Berky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #960 on: October 25, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
hi Roth, how are you?
Westgate pro shoe for 2019????
thxs
it's coming. Weartested a pair and they're great

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #961 on: October 26, 2018, 02:04:57 AM »
hi Roth, how are you?
thxs

Sooner than later actually. It drops 1/1/19 for the Spring line.  So...only a couple more months actually. 

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #962 on: October 26, 2018, 05:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
hi Roth, how are you?
thxs
[close]

Sooner than later actually. It drops 1/1/19 for the Spring line.  So...only a couple more months actually.
Thanks Roth
Any pic????
868 v2 maybe for 2019???

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ungzilla

« Reply #964 on: October 30, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
ohh spoooooooooky

patob

« Reply #965 on: October 30, 2018, 11:54:32 AM »
Expand Quote
hi Roth, how are you?
thxs
[close]
its more like the 868 or pj 533v2???

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #966 on: October 30, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
Can someone explain how you differentiate between a NB# pro model and colorway when every shoe goes by a number? Like the 533v2 is PJs pro model, right? But his name isn’t on the shoe. Marquise was the only pro featured in ads for the 420, but it’s not his pro model.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #967 on: October 30, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Can someone explain how you differentiate between a NB# pro model and colorway when every shoe goes by a number? Like the 533v2 is PJs pro model, right? But his name isn’t on the shoe. Marquise was the only pro featured in ads for the 420, but it’s not his pro model.
Just PJ and Arto have a shoe - the 533 was a team model but PJ wanted it as his pro model -kinda like leo and the laced. Westgate will be the next pro model. Only way you would know is by reading the description since like you say - the name isn't on the shoe.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #968 on: October 30, 2018, 11:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hi Roth, how are you?
thxs
[close]
[close]
its more like the 868 or pj 533v2???
it's not like either. It kind of reminded me of the Nike prod 9 elite but better. Really good board feel and also really supportive. He's wearing the shoe a bunch in his element part. I feel like when it comes out a lot of people are going to be very stoked on it. PS As far as the pro model questions, Westgate's name is actually on the tongue

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #970 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
I posted in the New/Upcoming Shoe thread, but it probably makes more sense here. Anyone know where I can find a pair of 440s in the Tom Knox colorway in 10.5? I know i'm a little late to the party and a pretty extensive google showed no results.

@Rothdigga, do you guys restock colors like that, or was that a 1-time run?
(Cool Trick GIF)

rothdigga

« Reply #971 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
I posted in the New/Upcoming Shoe thread, but it probably makes more sense here. Anyone know where I can find a pair of 440s in the Tom Knox colorway in 10.5? I know i'm a little late to the party and a pretty extensive google showed no results.

It was a one time run and we really didn't make a ton for the US.  Made more for the UK since that's where the heavier launch was.  We have a few more left on NB.com...I know Furnace has a few left (because that's my local shop) but other than those 2, a lot of guys sold out.  I hate to send you to our company site to buy them, but I know the online guys have mostly sold out.  Well, just looked at our site and we've only got 7-8.5 left.  So unless you've got bird feet, you won't find any there.  Try Furnace online. He's got 8.5, 9, 10, 11 left if one of those work, just saw you said 10.5, so maybe the 11 will work for you.   I should have bought more of that shoe when I did the buy...I blew it.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #972 on: November 01, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »
I don’t think anything needs to be changed on the 868. Personally I think the only negative to the 868 is the price tag (~$100). But in my honest opinion they are worth every penny and can be found on sale for a decent price. They do require a bit of breaking in/getting used to especially if you skate vulc. But they hold their shape for the life of the shoe and don’t flop out. The board feel is great, remind me of dunks a bit but way better. They are also mad durable. I did take out the stock insole and swap for my Orthodics, I get shins splints with out them..in any shoe. Also Laces are positioned far enough back that I haven’t ripped any. On my second pair, which have easily another month in them and I’ve been running them 2 months at least, skating ~6-10 hours a week. I Used to skate vans religiously and I’d be lucky to get a month out of them. Now I won’t buy any other shoe as long as these are made. I got 2 more pairs waiting after these.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #973 on: November 02, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It was a one time run and we really didn't make a ton for the US.  Made more for the UK since that's where the heavier launch was.  We have a few more left on NB.com...I know Furnace has a few left (because that's my local shop) but other than those 2, a lot of guys sold out.  I hate to send you to our company site to buy them, but I know the online guys have mostly sold out.  Well, just looked at our site and we've only got 7-8.5 left.  So unless you've got bird feet, you won't find any there.  Try Furnace online. He's got 8.5, 9, 10, 11 left if one of those work, just saw you said 10.5, so maybe the 11 will work for you.   I should have bought more of that shoe when I did the buy...I blew it.
Thanks for the response dude! Compared to something like a gt blazer are they tighter or looser? I might try and go 10 or 11 depending on the sizing.
(Cool Trick GIF)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #975 on: November 11, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
Just saw a pair of 574s in a Westgate colorway at my shop - Mostly black with some red accents, cranberries printed on the insole, his name on the tongue. The sole looks interesting though, not really deep grooves, looks more athletic than traditional skate.

Should probably see images of these in the next few days I would assume.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #976 on: November 12, 2018, 08:06:38 PM »

Any more pics of the 379 floating around?

Second Division

« Reply #977 on: November 13, 2018, 08:39:32 AM »
Just saw a pair of 574s in a Westgate colorway at my shop - Mostly black with some red accents, cranberries printed on the insole, his name on the tongue. The sole looks interesting though, not really deep grooves, looks more athletic than traditional skate.

Here's a look at the shoe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGVKQsFhtX/

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #978 on: November 13, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
naw thats the 574. westgate is 874 or something and its more tech looking.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #979 on: November 13, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Here's a look at the shoe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGVKQsFhtX/

That 574 looks like everything I've always dreamed of in a shoe

Second Division

« Reply #980 on: November 13, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
naw thats the 574. westgate is 874 or something and its more tech looking.

It's a Westgate colorway of the 574

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

rothdigga

« Reply #982 on: November 14, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

Those Westgate 574's were just a 1-time colorway that we have releasing this week...but not his pro shoe.  We made 574 pairs of those Cranberry ones just so we could sneak in a colorway of his before his shoe came out.  They're sick...and yes they have his name on the tongue.  Shops started receiving those this week, our release date is this Friday Nov 16....The Westgate pro shoe is the 913

patob

« Reply #983 on: November 14, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those Westgate 574's were just a 1-time colorway that we have releasing this week...but not his pro shoe.  We made 574 pairs of those Cranberry ones just so we could sneak in a colorway of his before his shoe came out.  They're sick...and yes they have his name on the tongue.  Shops started receiving those this week, our release date is this Friday Nov 16....The Westgate pro shoe is the 913

Sounds good. i cant wait to see a pic of the 913
Thanks for the info Roth

ungzilla

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Second Division

« Reply #986 on: November 15, 2018, 11:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is the type of info the people need. Thanks Roth!

rothdigga

« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2018, 01:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This is the type of info the people need. Thanks Roth!

EPMD once said so elequently...."got to give the people...give the people what they want"

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #989 on: November 16, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »
They definitely went for the enigmas colorway.