Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 776284 times)

Eds_gallerist

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »
Expand Quote
How does the 440 fit in comparison to the 533 v2? Have skated three pairs of the latter (US 9.5,  Europe 43) and I am super happy with them but might try something new.
[close]

Overall fit should be similar (length wise), but the toebox is wider, so you'll have more room up front for your foot.  That shoe has consistently been a team fav and moves very well at retail for us.

Awesome,  thanks mate!

NowhereInLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1051 on: January 18, 2019, 11:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got a question about the 574s for anyone who's had a pair, CC: rothdigga...

I'm super particular about cupsoles I skate. If they're not grippy and flexible enough, it's not just not gonna work for me (for illustrative purposes, Adidas' City Cup has been my cupsole of choice lately). I really like the look and shape of the 574s, and the sole looks good enough, but how grippy is that tread material and how long does it actually last? I remember having a pair of the original 533s, and I really liked them, but the sole wasn't super soft and that made some thing difficult. Is the 574 sole softer than that?
[close]

Cupsoles in general aren't super grippy in my experience.  I don't want to push you away from the 574 Cranberry, but I agree with Ungzilla that the 440 would work great for you.  The new 913 Westgate is more grippy than the 574...fyi.
[close]
On the contrary, I felt that the 440 was one of the most 'perfect' grips of most shoes I've skated and that is cupsole. Right in between way-too-sticky vulc shoes and cupsole ice skates.
I actually bought a pair of the 345 to skate right after the 440 to see how the vulcs compare to the cupsoles since I like the 440 so much.

Both great!
Did you size those two the same?  I'm on a steady diet of 440's and 212's but might wanna throw a 345 in the mix.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1052 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got a question about the 574s for anyone who's had a pair, CC: rothdigga...

I'm super particular about cupsoles I skate. If they're not grippy and flexible enough, it's not just not gonna work for me (for illustrative purposes, Adidas' City Cup has been my cupsole of choice lately). I really like the look and shape of the 574s, and the sole looks good enough, but how grippy is that tread material and how long does it actually last? I remember having a pair of the original 533s, and I really liked them, but the sole wasn't super soft and that made some thing difficult. Is the 574 sole softer than that?
[close]

Cupsoles in general aren't super grippy in my experience.  I don't want to push you away from the 574 Cranberry, but I agree with Ungzilla that the 440 would work great for you.  The new 913 Westgate is more grippy than the 574...fyi.
[close]
On the contrary, I felt that the 440 was one of the most 'perfect' grips of most shoes I've skated and that is cupsole. Right in between way-too-sticky vulc shoes and cupsole ice skates.
I actually bought a pair of the 345 to skate right after the 440 to see how the vulcs compare to the cupsoles since I like the 440 so much.

Both great!
[close]
Did you size those two the same?  I'm on a steady diet of 440's and 212's but might wanna throw a 345 in the mix.
Yup, I got a 9.5 in both which is my TTS.
I find NB generally fit snug, but form to your foot really good after the first session. Although their tight at first I never felt like my toes were stubbing the front.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1053 on: January 23, 2019, 07:54:23 PM »
Great thanks for the info!!

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1054 on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:48 AM »
heard from euro tm jamie foys new balance shoe comes out next month. big surprise.

Larry Dallas

« Reply #1055 on: January 24, 2019, 07:54:58 AM »
The V2 PJ shoes are absolutely murdering my Achilles. Why is that part of the shoe so high and jagged? Every step I take it just stabs into my tendon.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1056 on: January 24, 2019, 12:01:25 PM »
The V2 PJ shoes are absolutely murdering my Achilles. Why is that part of the shoe so high and jagged? Every step I take it just stabs into my tendon.

How new are they? Might get better once you break 'em in.

thomas kook

« Reply #1057 on: January 25, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not really, as far as i'm concerned

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1058 on: January 25, 2019, 11:06:07 AM »
heard from euro tm jamie foys new balance shoe comes out next month. big surprise.

Well, that Euro TM is incorrect sadly.  July 1 is the drop for that shoe...not too far away though. 

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1059 on: January 25, 2019, 11:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I never had that issue, but other people have brought it up on here before. Might be dependent on foot shape?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1060 on: January 25, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I never had that issue, but other people have brought it up on here before. Might be dependent on foot shape?

It has to depend on the individual. I've never had this problem with them and I had a hard time finding a shoe that didn't have some sort of problem that I just had to live with. The 533 v2s are pretty much perfect for me though.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #1061 on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:58 AM »
hardly art, hardly starving

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ungzilla

« Reply #1063 on: February 04, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »
cgi shoes use a lot of bandwidth tate

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1064 on: February 04, 2019, 08:46:53 PM »
cgi shoes use a lot of bandwidth tate

damn, that is true.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1065 on: February 05, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »

Back the 440s! Coming from someone who has bounced back and forth between cup and vulc (skated Blazer lo and high recently) over past few years these are a really good happy medium. Flexible and good boardfeel with great protection. Hope they remain in production.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1067 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:42 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtwBn6WHA3c/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2q0rjvx7vyy0

Saw a dude trying these on at the shop. Looked really good. Marius definitely got the best colorway this round.
The chillest1

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #1068 on: February 11, 2019, 11:58:04 AM »
Been skating the brown 379s for over a week now and they are immediately one of my favorite shoes.  The shape is better than the 345 and don't hurt my feet like the 255/345 do.  The tread seems to be going bald faster than 255/345 soles though.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1069 on: February 11, 2019, 02:25:58 PM »
Been skating the brown 379s for over a week now and they are immediately one of my favorite shoes.  The shape is better than the 345 and don't hurt my feet like the 255/345 do.  The tread seems to be going bald faster than 255/345 soles though.

They're comfy, but I would go half a size down from regs in the future.

Hopefully everyone gets a colourway eventually- such a rad idea.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1070 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »

Saw a dude trying these on at the shop. Looked really good. Marius definitely got the best colorway this round.

Were you like, "Yo, I see U over there, tryin' on those shoes. Damn, U lookin' good boy!" and then you slapped your ass and licked your finger and made a li'l sizzle noise and then supermodel walked the fuck out of there without looking back?

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1071 on: February 12, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
Roth - Just curious... assuming the 379 is an update to the 345, and the 345 will be phased out?

If so, what are the real changes?

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1072 on: February 12, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »
I used to make fun of new balance all the time.  Then a few months ago I saw the 574 in the airwalk enigma colorway, and I wanted a pair.  Of course its not the most released colorway in the US, so while tracking them down I came across a grey pair of 574.  they didn't hold up well (ive been told that changed), but with a little shoe goo they are really amazing.  My back feels better skating, and its one of the few NB#shoes I don't think look bad.
Im hooked now and I don't think ill wear any other shoes.  Very snug fit, but in a good way.  I still cant believe im typing any of this.....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1074 on: February 13, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Were you like, "Yo, I see U over there, tryin' on those shoes. Damn, U lookin' good boy!" and then you slapped your ass and licked your finger and made a li'l sizzle noise and then supermodel walked the fuck out of there without looking back?

Hahaha it was more like "Hot Damn, you lookin good boy!" but yeah, pretty accurate 8)
The chillest1

rothdigga

« Reply #1075 on: February 13, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
I used to make fun of new balance all the time.  Then a few months ago I saw the 574 in the airwalk enigma colorway, and I wanted a pair.  Of course its not the most released colorway in the US, so while tracking them down I came across a grey pair of 574.  they didn't hold up well (ive been told that changed), but with a little shoe goo they are really amazing.  My back feels better skating, and its one of the few NB#shoes I don't think look bad.
Im hooked now and I don't think ill wear any other shoes.  Very snug fit, but in a good way.  I still cant believe im typing any of this.....

Sorry you weren't able to snag a pair of those Enigma's (not to rub it in, but I've got some on now)...but I'm glad you came around and are hyped on them now. 

rothdigga

« Reply #1076 on: February 13, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »
Roth - Just curious... assuming the 379 is an update to the 345, and the 345 will be phased out?

Definitely an upgrade on the 345, which basically was phased out now since the 379 just delivered this month.  We have stock of 345's left still, but no new ones coming out in 2019. 
The 379 has an upgraded heel support to lock your foot in for better support on the back.  The 345's fit a little snug up across the top of the foot, so that was fixed along with some cleaned up paneling in the back.  The sole unit is upgraded as well and will be used for a couple of other vulcs we have coming out.  Hope that helps.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1077 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Definitely an upgrade on the 345, which basically was phased out now since the 379 just delivered this month.  We have stock of 345's left still, but no new ones coming out in 2019. 
The 379 has an upgraded heel support to lock your foot in for better support on the back.  The 345's fit a little snug up across the top of the foot, so that was fixed along with some cleaned up paneling in the back.  The sole unit is upgraded as well and will be used for a couple of other vulcs we have coming out.  Hope that helps.

Perfect, thanks Roth! As always, appreciate the insight.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1078 on: February 13, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Perfect, thanks Roth! As always, appreciate the insight.

Damn, that's a huge bummer. The 345 and the 598 were my two favorite shoes, haven't really been feeling the new stuff as much as far as looks go.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal