Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 778112 times)

rocklobster and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

smg1138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1290 on: August 26, 2019, 08:43:05 AM »
Do you guys generally wear New Balance a half size larger than normal? I read the 533 V2 run small, so I ordered a half size up, but they felt too long to me. I've always worn a 10.5 D in New Balance running shoes, so I'm thinking I should just stick with that.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1291 on: August 26, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really need to NOT but more shoes since I'm moving back for a while to my country but juuuuuust in case I'm wondering how's the sizing on 913's? Half size bigger as usual?
[close]

Should be true for you.  I wear an 11.5 in all NB shoes (except 212's) and i'm currently wearing 11.5's, didn't need to go up or down in the 913's.  So, if you've had any before (except the 212's), stay with that size.
[close]
I'm size 8 and all my NB# had been 8.5 with the only exception of 420's that were to big on that size. Besides that 255, 288, 358, 440 and 533 always half size bigger.
[close]

You may have wide feet or something then? I wear a size 10 in every NB shoe I've ever bought including the running shoes I have. Skated both versions of the 533, 913 and 868 all size 10.
[close]

Nah I agree with Moonordie. I've been .5 size up in everything but the pro court. Never tried the 420 though. Other NB shoes (non skate) I wear my normal size.

bumping this for the guy who just asked -

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1292 on: August 27, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really need to NOT but more shoes since I'm moving back for a while to my country but juuuuuust in case I'm wondering how's the sizing on 913's? Half size bigger as usual?
[close]

Should be true for you.  I wear an 11.5 in all NB shoes (except 212's) and i'm currently wearing 11.5's, didn't need to go up or down in the 913's.  So, if you've had any before (except the 212's), stay with that size.
[close]
I'm size 8 and all my NB# had been 8.5 with the only exception of 420's that were to big on that size. Besides that 255, 288, 358, 440 and 533 always half size bigger.
[close]

You may have wide feet or something then? I wear a size 10 in every NB shoe I've ever bought including the running shoes I have. Skated both versions of the 533, 913 and 868 all size 10.
[close]

Nah I agree with Moonordie. I've been .5 size up in everything but the pro court. Never tried the 420 though. Other NB shoes (non skate) I wear my normal size.
[close]

bumping this for the guy who just asked -
Doubling up on TTS for all shoes, except the pro courts from what Rothdigga confirmed.
I've skated most cupsoles and vulc, all 9.5, same as my NB running shoe size and Nike SB size which I consider my TTS.

smg1138

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1293 on: August 27, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
Guess it really depends on the shape of your foot. For me I'm thinking I need to stick to my regular size for New Balance.

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #1294 on: August 29, 2019, 03:56:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!
[close]
Not to talk you out of buying a shoe, but I would hesitate to say that 379's are a "wide" shoe.  They may be a tad wider than other shoes, but they're going to be snug across the top of your foot.  I just don't want you to order some shoes to deliver overseas and be bummed. 
For a truly wide shoe you can try the 2E width AM574 (mostly just online on our NB.com site) and on Zappos.  But for the straight up Numeric, the 440 is more wide than most, NM212's and 213's are both decent width (212's and 213's need 1/2 size down as they run large). 
Hope that helps a little bit.
[close]

Super helpful! Thanks a lot!

Bringing this back because I actually managed to find a pair of 379s locally and I wanted to give some feedback.
First of all the quality of the shoe is insanely good, from the suede to the leather details, all top-notch.
Now with the fit I went TTS and the width has been alright for me, a little snug maybe but completely fine. I had two issues though. One is as even some of you pointed out the profile of the shoe is very low, and it rubbed the top of my toes with the thicker stock insole, which I was bummed to change out, but with a thinner insole it was a quick fix. Two was a little more painful cause for some reason I can’t understand it rubbed the shit out of the inner part of my big toe. Never had this with any other shoe before, it almost made me stop skating them but after a few painful sessions it seemed to have given in somehow.
Last but not least both the boardfeel and the durability is excellent, been skating them for a lot longer the Nikes, which brings me to my question:
I would easily go for a new pair sans the painpoints so would it be worth going up half a size, or should I opt for the new Jamie Foy shoe that seems similar but a little more roomy? Any other recommedations? How are the 213s? Do they have the same sole? Thanks!

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1295 on: August 29, 2019, 04:12:46 AM »
Do you guys generally wear New Balance a half size larger than normal? I read the 533 V2 run small, so I ordered a half size up, but they felt too long to me. I've always worn a 10.5 D in New Balance running shoes, so I'm thinking I should just stick with that.
I wear most thin vulcs in a 9 and 9.5 for cups. However, I tried on some 344s a in 9 and literally couldn't my foot into them. I had 868s in a 9.5 and they were extremely tight/snug the entire time so I'd go 1/2 - a full size up for sure.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1296 on: August 30, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wear most thin vulcs in a 9 and 9.5 for cups. However, I tried on some 344s a in 9 and literally couldn't my foot into them. I had 868s in a 9.5 and they were extremely tight/snug the entire time so I'd go 1/2 - a full size up for sure.

Jud- both of those are older models before we updated the sizing so things now should fit WAY better than in the past (those are from 2017 or so).  Just a thought that any of our shoes now have been corrected. 

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #1297 on: August 30, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!
[close]
Not to talk you out of buying a shoe, but I would hesitate to say that 379's are a "wide" shoe.  They may be a tad wider than other shoes, but they're going to be snug across the top of your foot.  I just don't want you to order some shoes to deliver overseas and be bummed. 
For a truly wide shoe you can try the 2E width AM574 (mostly just online on our NB.com site) and on Zappos.  But for the straight up Numeric, the 440 is more wide than most, NM212's and 213's are both decent width (212's and 213's need 1/2 size down as they run large). 
Hope that helps a little bit.
[close]

Super helpful! Thanks a lot!
[close]

Bringing this back because I actually managed to find a pair of 379s locally and I wanted to give some feedback.
First of all the quality of the shoe is insanely good, from the suede to the leather details, all top-notch.
Now with the fit I went TTS and the width has been alright for me, a little snug maybe but completely fine. I had two issues though. One is as even some of you pointed out the profile of the shoe is very low, and it rubbed the top of my toes with the thicker stock insole, which I was bummed to change out, but with a thinner insole it was a quick fix. Two was a little more painful cause for some reason I can’t understand it rubbed the shit out of the inner part of my big toe. Never had this with any other shoe before, it almost made me stop skating them but after a few painful sessions it seemed to have given in somehow.
Last but not least both the boardfeel and the durability is excellent, been skating them for a lot longer the Nikes, which brings me to my question:
I would easily go for a new pair sans the painpoints so would it be worth going up half a size, or should I opt for the new Jamie Foy shoe that seems similar but a little more roomy? Any other recommedations? How are the 213s? Do they have the same sole? Thanks!

The 306 Foy would totally be roomier than the 379.  I'm skating the Foy's now and they're pretty roomy compared to those 379's.  It's just a matter of what fits your actual foot I think.  I don't like skating the 379's but I have other guys here who swear by them. 
Like I have said before, the only shoes we have now that aren't TTS are the 212/213's.  They're on an old last from the 70's and just need to be sized down 1/2.  But they skate super solid for people who like that look.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1298 on: August 30, 2019, 01:40:44 PM »
my 617s have held up ridiculously well for the first month, very little amounts of wear for how much i skate and they still feel great.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1299 on: August 30, 2019, 01:50:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
all the new shoes ive tried fit so well and true compared to the earlier ones.
379 remind me of a busenitz vulc
306 are similar to the original campus vulcs (the ones from 10 years ago) for support and fit
both are good. one is slimmer (379) and one has a rounder toe (306)

Jud- both of those are older models before we updated the sizing so things now should fit WAY better than in the past (those are from 2017 or so).  Just a thought that any of our shoes now have been corrected.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1300 on: September 08, 2019, 11:56:44 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #1301 on: September 09, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »

The NB site has the new Tyler Surrey 868s up.  They look sick!  No size 12 though  :'(

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1302 on: September 09, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »
Sick colorway. Some undefeated Jordan 4 vibes going on.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

ShiftyNuggets

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1303 on: September 10, 2019, 06:09:36 AM »
How well do the 868's (or any model for that matter) stretch for wide feet? 1/2 sizes aren't really an option for me and I'm an 11 1/2 so I either have to wear into and stretch an 11 or deal with too much length on a 12.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1304 on: September 10, 2019, 06:21:19 AM »
How well do the 868's (or any model for that matter) stretch for wide feet? 1/2 sizes aren't really an option for me and I'm an 11 1/2 so I either have to wear into and stretch an 11 or deal with too much length on a 12.

868s did not stretch one bit for me. basically after a month of 2 sessions per week, 3-4 hours skating flatground they felt brand new and looked like i skated em twice. i do not have the most aggressive flick though.
great shoe

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1305 on: September 10, 2019, 08:37:34 AM »

The NB site has the new Tyler Surrey 868s up.  They look sick!  No size 12 though  :'(
damn, these werent available for prebook in canada, or maybe i missed it. 109$ usd might be a bit steep to grab but these look good.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:21:12 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1306 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »
Highly suggest the 288. I have skinny feet, but a pretty wide forefoot and I find the 288 is already pretty square in front but also stretches and forms to your foot great. It's a pretty unstructured cupsole, which is nice for a quick break-in period (half hour really) and good board feel.
They lasted me forever, and even though the grip seems shallow they kept their grip the whole time.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #1307 on: September 10, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

868s did not stretch one bit for me. basically after a month of 2 sessions per week, 3-4 hours skating flatground they felt brand new and looked like i skated em twice. i do not have the most aggressive flick though.
great shoe

I had two pairs right when they came out. They are very durable. Skate great. Flick and grip awesome (grip grabs small pebbles tho). I’d easily recommend going up a 1/2. I used to wedge my feet into small ass shoes thinking it helped performance. It did not. For me, erring on the side of large is always the right call. I would’ve stayed skating them but I’m an idiot that is always looking for something else/new, and I wanted something with slightly more forefoot cushion (something I always want more of, I no longer skate the busenitz shoes for this reason).

Freight Train

« Reply #1308 on: September 21, 2019, 11:58:57 PM »
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of 598's. Only ever have had one pair of NB's, some first version 533's. I went up a half size and they still fit a tiny bit too small but I love them. Anybody have any experience with the 598? I know they've been out of the line for a while but there's some nice and cheap pairs in my size on eBay.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 112
« Reply #1309 on: September 22, 2019, 11:40:16 AM »
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of 598's. Only ever have had one pair of NB's, some first version 533's. I went up a half size and they still fit a tiny bit too small but I love them. Anybody have any experience with the 598? I know they've been out of the line for a while but there's some nice and cheap pairs in my size on eBay.

I'm a 10 in most Vans pros, 10.5 in most Nike SBs, and had to get these in 11. 
Ran really small to me.

I thought they looked good though.
Enjoy your life.

Freight Train

« Reply #1310 on: September 22, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »
Same. I wear a 10.5 in Vans Pros, most Adidas, most SB's. My PJ 533's are size 11 and still a tiny bit too snug. I have weird feet though they're wide and they taper towards the heel. Stoked on my pair of NBs though, overall they nice

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1311 on: September 23, 2019, 05:37:51 AM »
To anyone that has skated the 440 does it have a more pointy toe than the 533? also I wear 10.5 US in most shoes but the 533 was pretty snug in 11 what size would you guys recommend?

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #1312 on: September 23, 2019, 06:01:22 AM »
440 toe is not pointy at all, kinda squared off. I have narrowish feet and i think i could've got a half size smaller but i think the general consensus is TTS.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1313 on: September 28, 2019, 02:37:03 AM »

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1314 on: September 28, 2019, 07:28:21 AM »

these look dope- hope they drop some basic black with white sole too.....remind me of the DGK RBKs a lot sole wise wich is a nice nod!

Did they redo the sizing on the regular 288? i had those burgundy ones and they fit me a half size big.....

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1315 on: September 28, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »
What's that heel hole all about?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #1316 on: September 28, 2019, 07:42:10 AM »
woah, that shoe looks great

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1317 on: September 28, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
What's that heel hole all about?

I guess impact protection, it allows the midsole to expand and compress a bit more than if it was solid.
A bit similar to the Impact I thingy on some DC shoes:

Torgy colorway, super clean.

The shoe looks so solid to skate in, really nicely executed. The sock construction looks great (and probably feels great) because it still looks like it has a tongue.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1318 on: September 29, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
My first version 533's. Anybody else still got a pair of the original design? Love this shoe fits like a glove and the sole is stiff but responsive and pliable. Good ratio of feel to support. Sad to see the 533v2 getting phased out of the line

Colors are Glacier Grey/Gargoyle (not a Chad Fernandez colorway as far as I know)

I have a couple pairs left of the OG 533. But I always hated the padding in the collar area after you do heel flips. The foam in the collar just comes right off and it looks and feels weird.

But that problem was fixed on the V2 of the 533.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1319 on: September 30, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »

These Look Sick

Still gonna wait for the black & white colorway to come out.