Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765710 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2910 on: February 22, 2021, 09:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Love the 212 and 213. What does 'Animal friendly dual layer' mean? Are the reinforced ollie areas a vegan alternative?
[close]
Referring to synthetic suede on that ollie panel patch.  Those 212/213's are canvas all around usually with a suede patch right there plus a leather heel tab.  For the Samarria colorway we did it with all synthetics to go with the canvas, making it an easy transition to being vegan friendly.

Amazing. Thanks. I've been waiting for something like this. I am not vegan but try to limit the amount of animal products in my life. One of the reasons I like the 212/213 is because they are mostly canvas. I hope you do this with future colourways.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2911 on: February 22, 2021, 09:15:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love the 212 and 213. What does 'Animal friendly dual layer' mean? Are the reinforced ollie areas a vegan alternative?
[close]
Referring to synthetic suede on that ollie panel patch.  Those 212/213's are canvas all around usually with a suede patch right there plus a leather heel tab.  For the Samarria colorway we did it with all synthetics to go with the canvas, making it an easy transition to being vegan friendly.
[close]

Amazing. Thanks. I've been waiting for something like this. I am not vegan but try to limit the amount of animal products in my life. One of the reasons I like the 212/213 is because they are mostly canvas. I hope you do this with future colourways.
Agree, hard.  NB has been kind of infamous in taking a mostly canvas or synth shoe and then sticking a leather/suede "N" or heel tab on it.  There's no need for that stuff to be real leather.  Let's keep these mostly ornamental pieces (and therefore the whole shoe) animal-friendly.  Yes, i do recognize in the case of the 213 that the leather bits are in the high-wear areas for skating, so this Samarria shoe is a great progression!  (I'll go back to my hovel in the vegan shoe thread now, thanks)

Acky Jacky

« Reply #2912 on: February 22, 2021, 09:18:04 AM »
Posted the wheat 1010’s in the shoes you are wearing thread. They came today before I had to dip to work. Man they are a spectacle

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #2913 on: February 22, 2021, 01:49:53 PM »
Just got the whet Taigos.

Here’s a couple of pictures with an on foot one if you anyone’s curious.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2914 on: February 22, 2021, 01:57:31 PM »
Man! Those wheats look nice!

Edit: Anyone know where I can get them from a real shop? My local (Black Sheep) is out in my size (8.5)

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2915 on: February 22, 2021, 02:06:39 PM »

Edit: Anyone know where I can get them from a real shop? My local (Black Sheep) is out in my size (8.5)

I got mine here. Jump quick 8.5 are still in stock.

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/footwear/products/new-balance-numeric-nm1010tr

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ballintoohard

« Reply #2917 on: February 22, 2021, 02:43:50 PM »
The Big Z has black 440 Hi for $50 shipped. Picked up a pair, stoked on the 440's.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2918 on: February 22, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/footwear/products/new-balance-numeric-nm1010tr
I’m pretty sure they just put these up on their site today.

https://exodusrideshop.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/new-balance-numeric-1010-tiago-lemos-skateboard-shoe-brown

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2919 on: February 22, 2021, 03:23:28 PM »
Just got the whet Taigos.

Here’s a couple of pictures with an on foot one if you anyone’s curious.

Yes sir. Black shoe laces.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2920 on: February 22, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »
After a few days of concern whether or not my 440 Hi would stretch enough in the toe, I put them on this morning and haven't taken them off all day. Been wearing them around the house and shit, I'm half Japanese and this is all sorts of unacceptable. They just feel too good.

I wore them walking around here and there for weeks and they felt great, just normal new cupsole stiffness. When I recently started skating in them I started to have doubts as to whether or not they would work for me. They felt stiffer than I thought they should and my toes were feeling so cramped. I had gotten so used to Legacy Slims which have an almost bulbous toe, super roomy. I put in one more good session and now they feel right. I'm stoked they worked out.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2921 on: February 22, 2021, 04:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://exodusrideshop.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/new-balance-numeric-1010-tiago-lemos-skateboard-shoe-brown

Thanks for the links, went ahead and ordered a pair from exodus. I just noticed in your photo, they are all suede on the toe instead of the mesh. I like that

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2922 on: February 22, 2021, 06:08:27 PM »
After a few days of concern whether or not my 440 Hi would stretch enough in the toe, I put them on this morning and haven't taken them off all day. Been wearing them around the house and shit, I'm half Japanese and this is all sorts of unacceptable. They just feel too good.

I wore them walking around here and there for weeks and they felt great, just normal new cupsole stiffness. When I recently started skating in them I started to have doubts as to whether or not they would work for me. They felt stiffer than I thought they should and my toes were feeling so cramped. I had gotten so used to Legacy Slims which have an almost bulbous toe, super roomy. I put in one more good session and now they feel right. I'm stoked they worked out.
would you say you have a wide foot? specifically in regards to the toe half of your foot?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2923 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the links, went ahead and ordered a pair from exodus. I just noticed in your photo, they are all suede on the toe instead of the mesh. I like that
The suede is also super nice. Buttery smooth!

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #2924 on: February 23, 2021, 04:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
would you say you have a wide foot? specifically in regards to the toe half of your foot?

A little bit yes. I have such skinny ankles that I never thought my foot was wide, but I’m finding that my foot probably is a little wide up front, in a pointy and boney kind of way.

uesty

• Rep: 93
« Reply #2925 on: February 24, 2021, 08:33:30 AM »
my local just got the tiagos and a new 574 colorway i havent seen before

http://www.instagram.com/p/CLpWFEKHCTV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2926 on: February 25, 2021, 04:07:16 AM »
Quick question on the 1010 sizing. Would y'all say they are true to size or go down half a size I wear size 11 in dunks and blazers if that helps

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2927 on: February 25, 2021, 05:32:12 AM »
Quick question on the 1010 sizing. Would y'all say they are true to size or go down half a size I wear size 11 in dunks and blazers if that helps

i am the same size as in dunks too on my tiagos if that helps! they might feel a lil snug at first but lenght wise it is way better to me

eSK3

« Reply #2928 on: February 25, 2021, 06:53:19 AM »

True to size.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2929 on: February 25, 2021, 08:15:15 AM »

Have the same US size in Dunks, Blazers and 1010s...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2931 on: February 25, 2021, 10:17:53 AM »
Not a core Skateshop but daddies has those brown tiagos for 20% off

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2932 on: February 25, 2021, 10:24:14 AM »
Emailed New Balance NZ to see when they're getting the brown/green 1010 and was told they're not coming into the country. Tempted to tell them to give me a job because they're fucking up. First drop they only ordered the black and not the white/blue/yellow, and this year they're only getting the white/gum. When the DC x Bronze Lukoda dropped, the brown/green sold out INSTANTLY. These out of touch middle aged yuppies in their fitted Levi's and nb327's need to pay attention or pay someone who does. I'm big mad.

Sending you a DM.  I got you (not on the job though...just the shoe).

WinterWarlock

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2933 on: February 25, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »
Anybody notice the toebox is slightly more narrow on the 379 mid compared to the standard 379? My wide feet were doing pretty good with the 379, but I'm finding that isn't the case with the 379 mid. Maybe it's just variation in manufacturing.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2934 on: February 25, 2021, 05:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Emailed New Balance NZ to see when they're getting the brown/green 1010 and was told they're not coming into the country. Tempted to tell them to give me a job because they're fucking up. First drop they only ordered the black and not the white/blue/yellow, and this year they're only getting the white/gum. When the DC x Bronze Lukoda dropped, the brown/green sold out INSTANTLY. These out of touch middle aged yuppies in their fitted Levi's and nb327's need to pay attention or pay someone who does. I'm big mad.
[close]

Sending you a DM.  I got you (not on the job though...just the shoe).

Fuckin' legend
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2935 on: February 25, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »
Honestly. @rothdigga here for the people

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2936 on: February 25, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
People’s champ for sure

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2937 on: February 25, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »
The colors are so nice and I’m sure skates great.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuYEyYsAfH/?igshid=x7jp00g7blfg

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2938 on: February 26, 2021, 12:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Is there a release date for the green and white 440hi?
[close]
Yeah, it should be released now, we just experienced some shipping delays because of Covid. This season is starting to hit shops and the NB site over the next week.
@rothdigga any update on the release date for these kicks? I was hoping these would come out in conjunction with the 508s but it seems like no one has them yet. I am so ready to throw my money at whoever puts them up for sale first.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2939 on: February 26, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »
The colors are so nice and I’m sure skates great.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuYEyYsAfH/?igshid=x7jp00g7blfg

These do look great, perfect silhouette. The one thing that bothers me is how the middle heel area panel extends and goes under the N logo. Looks a bit off to me and I think it would have been perfect without. Can't unsee it ever since I noticed.