Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765829 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3420 on: July 07, 2021, 02:36:54 PM »
I somehow lucked out and managed to grab a pair of the black Tom Knox 440 highs in my size last week.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 01:15:05 PM by PatrickSkateman »
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Bold

• Rep: 18
« Reply #3421 on: July 08, 2021, 12:40:10 PM »
Arches in the Tiago 1010's feel extra high.

I've been wanting to try the 10 tens for a while. Found a couple pairs on Zappos. I'm a size 7 but thanks to this thread I got a pair of white with mesh over the toe box in 6.5 and a black suede/ice soled pair in 7.

The 7s are definitely too big but the arches in both pair seem extra high.

Has anybody else noticed a seemingly extra tall arch in your 1010's?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep these even though I like everything else about them.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3422 on: July 08, 2021, 02:21:20 PM »

I've been wanting to try the 10 tens for a while. Found a couple pairs on Zappos. I'm a size 7 but thanks to this thread I got a pair of white with mesh over the toe box in 6.5 and a black suede/ice soled pair in 7.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep these even though I like everything else about them.

Try swapping to a different, flatter insole. That might help! I'm definitely sizing a half size down in my next pair, that way I can tie em all loose like  8)

Needed to edit to add this surprise I just saw on ig. Looks like a Tom Knox 440 low is in our near future?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 02:28:43 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3423 on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:53 PM »
Expand Quote
the 2 new colorways of the 1010 are up on newbalance.com
[close]

Wonder what's up woth the "V1" at the end of the new shoes on that page?

Just an internal nomenclature thing that somehow made its way to the website. Its being corrected.
Get litty.....

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3424 on: July 08, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Try swapping to a different, flatter insole. That might help! I'm definitely sizing a half size down in my next pair, that way I can tie em all loose like  8)

Needed to edit to add this surprise I just saw on ig. Looks like a Tom Knox 440 low is in our near future?

There was one before

https://skateparkoftampa.com/-new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-shoes-white-teal-red-79999-14178
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #3425 on: July 08, 2021, 05:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i wish i could size down like y'all but i'm pretty sure i'd get into feet binding territory if i lost any length

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3426 on: July 08, 2021, 06:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

There was one before

https://skateparkoftampa.com/-new-balance-numeric-440-tom-knox-shoes-white-teal-red-79999-14178

Oh yeah forgot about those! The ones in this picture are sicker imo. All black (prob leather) with red hits, definitely will buy.

Bold

• Rep: 18
« Reply #3427 on: July 08, 2021, 08:24:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Snip

[close]

I pulled the insoles out and I really don't think that's where the hearts feel is coming from. Here's the thing I think is causing it.
https://imgur.com/Z7XABYs

12ax7

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3428 on: July 09, 2021, 09:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Snip

[close]

[close]

I pulled the insoles out and I really don't think that's where the hearts feel is coming from. Here's the thing I think is causing it.
https://imgur.com/Z7XABYs

I also felt mine were a little tall in the arch.  I experimented with a Foy insole which seemed to solve the arch issue, but elevated the heal just a hair too much and gave me a tiny bit of heal slip, not a lot, just enough to be irritating.   I went back to the stock insoles and just set my mind to breaking them in.  After about 2 weeks of dog walking I think I compressed any additional arch in the insole and love them now. 

Maybe try folding them along that plastic arch thing too and see if that helps. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3429 on: July 09, 2021, 10:58:33 AM »
Did not know that only 720 pairs of these shoes are available.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ_evHrLraj/?utm_medium=copy_link
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3430 on: July 09, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
Guess it was like last time when they only did 420 pairs of the green ones

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3431 on: July 09, 2021, 08:58:05 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3432 on: July 09, 2021, 09:00:37 PM »
Those are cold!

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #3433 on: July 10, 2021, 09:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On my second pair of 508's and the sole keeps sliding at the heel. Literally feel like my heel is going to fall out of the shoe every time i push. Other than that, board feel is on point for the amount of comfort, grip and durability these have. Way better for my feet. Does the 1010 have boardfeel like the 508's once broken in? I'd like to try em out.
[close]

Long time lurker, but figured Id create an account as I have some feedback on this.

I get a lot of heal slip in my 508's as well, I also sized .5 down as discussed here.  I also had some issues with the insole shifting, and tried some broken in Foy insoles which just made the heal slip more noticeable due to the thickness increase.  Its a real bummer as I love the look and color ways.

I'm still trying to break in my 1010's but can definitely tell the board feel will not be as good as the 508's although not in a bad way.  Grip is great and the heal lock is amazing.
[close]

@rubbery vagina @12ax7
I haven't tried the 508's but looking at them you could try this and see if it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVPDOPGlOA
[close]

I had the same issue with my 508s after going a half size down. Tried this heel lock lacing technique and it worked wonders. I noticed it was pulling the lace eyelets closer to each other (I. E. making the shoe tighter around the tongue) which stopped virtually all heel slip.
I think the leather upper just takes a while longer to break in, because when I swapped out laces a few weeks later, I laced them normally and had no heel slip at all. If I order them again I'll probably still go a full size down, but I also like my shoes as tight as possible.

Appreciate the feedback - The lace trick helped reduce the heel slip. Cheers!

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3434 on: July 10, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »
Does anyone know where (and if) we can find the new NM420 in Europe (especially in France) ?

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #3435 on: July 10, 2021, 01:32:36 PM »

It's 710 pairs, to match the release date of 7/10. They usually do 420 pairs of the NM420s, but I think knowing they were gonna miss the 4/20 deadline by a mile they wisely changed strategy.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3436 on: July 10, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It's 710 pairs, to match the release date of 7/10. They usually do 420 pairs of the NM420s, but I think knowing they were gonna miss the 4/20 deadline by a mile they wisely changed strategy.

Impulse bought these today because I love the color and the limited amount scared me. First pair of new balances. The look seems pretty sick but at the same time almost too running shoe for me? Looking forward to seeing them in person though. I知 Also excited about them being synthetic. Wanting to start wearing synthetic shoes whenever I get the chance

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3437 on: July 10, 2021, 07:43:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That makes more sense.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3438 on: July 10, 2021, 11:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Impulse bought these today because I love the color and the limited amount scared me. First pair of new balances. The look seems pretty sick but at the same time almost too running shoe for me? Looking forward to seeing them in person though. I知 Also excited about them being synthetic. Wanting to start wearing synthetic shoes whenever I get the chance
great shoe, you値l love it! Synth holds up well and performs just like the real thing

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3439 on: July 11, 2021, 03:39:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
great shoe, you値l love it! Synth holds up well and performs just like the real thing

Thanks! I知 excited. Your constant praises of the 420 are what got me interested in it originally

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #3440 on: July 11, 2021, 04:33:13 AM »
The archs aren't too high on the Tiagos. It's just what actual arch support feels like and most of us aren't used to it.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3441 on: July 11, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
The archs aren't too high on the Tiagos. It's just what actual arch support feels like and most of us aren't used to it.

Arch support is no good for people with high arches (contrary to what most people would assume), meaning they are probably just better for people with flatter feet.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #3442 on: July 12, 2021, 08:40:25 AM »
i've been looking everywhere for a size 13 pair of white 440s and i can not for the life of me find them bigger than a 12.  the pair i want is a little bit older so i kind of get it, but how do they fit?  any chance i could size down?

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #3443 on: July 12, 2021, 10:38:58 AM »
i've been looking everywhere for a size 13 pair of white 440s and i can not for the life of me find them bigger than a 12.  the pair i want is a little bit older so i kind of get it, but how do they fit?  any chance i could size down?

I would stick with your proper size 13 on those.  We do have an all white NM440CLN dropping for Fall that should be in stores and online this month.  I would hope you can find some 13's somewhere. 

shawngreg

« Reply #3444 on: July 12, 2021, 12:10:59 PM »
^^awesome, thanks my man

shawngreg

« Reply #3446 on: July 12, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »
haha good looks jay!  i was looking for the white/white/red.  they were pretty much all white, light grey toe cap & N, with a gum bottom.  little hits of red on the toe tag and back

edit: https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/new-balance-440-white-white-red/
full size run, no 13s lol

12ax7

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3447 on: July 12, 2021, 03:53:58 PM »

This is truth

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3448 on: July 13, 2021, 05:15:03 AM »
haha good looks jay!  i was looking for the white/white/red.  they were pretty much all white, light grey toe cap & N, with a gum bottom.  little hits of red on the toe tag and back

edit: https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/new-balance-440-white-white-red/
full size run, no 13s lol
ahh yeah these are a over year or so old. I actually have that exact pair in a 13 too. Worn though and lightly skated. How desperate are you for a pair? I can send a pic if you DM.

shawngreg

« Reply #3449 on: July 13, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
^hit you.

also just got my 1st pair of 1010s....damn what a nice fucking sneaker.  i am very very impressed upon initial reaction, excited to break em in