Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765586 times)

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3450 on: July 13, 2021, 11:55:03 AM »
^hit you.

also just got my 1st pair of 1010s....damn what a nice fucking sneaker.  i am very very impressed upon initial reaction, excited to break em in

Tiago is here right now...I'll pass along your excitement and first impression.  Thanks for the support!

15yearslater

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3451 on: July 13, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »
Got my 420s today, and they look pretty good! For my next pair though, I'm definitely going a half size up to 11.5. The 11s are a little snug, but they should be workable with thinner socks. If you happen to be someone like me who is 11 in some shoes, 11.5 in others, lean towards 11.5. I would return them to get a new pair, but looks like they're already all out.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3452 on: July 13, 2021, 01:47:00 PM »
Since 420 had been the shoe of the moment on this thread nothing better to remind the best colorway they had:

I was so bummed they were too big for me :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3453 on: July 13, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
Yes but those ones were the rubber material and thus tend to be super hard/ inflexible. The faux suede ones are infinitely better imho.
And yes, I could probably half size up on them too depending on the socks I wear (and if you put in a chunkier insole)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #3454 on: July 13, 2021, 06:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
i've been looking everywhere for a size 13 pair of white 440s and i can not for the life of me find them bigger than a 12.  the pair i want is a little bit older so i kind of get it, but how do they fit?  any chance i could size down?
[close]

I would stick with your proper size 13 on those.  We do have an all white NM440CLN dropping for Fall that should be in stores and online this month.  I would hope you can find some 13's somewhere.
Do most releases have a significantly lower number of size 13 than other sizes? I don’t know if maybe just my shops don’t stock that size heavy or if it’s just not available for them to order. Or maybe I’m just too slow.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3455 on: July 13, 2021, 06:55:27 PM »
Since 420 had been the shoe of the moment on this thread nothing better to remind the best colorway they had:

I was so bummed they were too big for me :(

I still have these brand new some where and a red/white pair   
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3457 on: July 16, 2021, 02:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Arches in the Tiago 1010's feel extra high.
Snip
Has anybody else noticed a seemingly extra tall arch in your 1010's?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep these even though I like everything else about them.
[close]

Try swapping to a different, flatter insole. That might help! I'm definitely sizing a half size down in my next pair, that way I can tie em all loose like  8)
[close]

I pulled the insoles out and I really don't think that's where the hearts feel is coming from. Here's the thing I think is causing it.
https://imgur.com/Z7XABYs
I have the Brown pair with the black sole and noticed this too. I wore them one day to break them in but even walking hurt my feet so bad. I wanted to like these so much but they are basically collecting dust.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #3458 on: July 16, 2021, 09:16:55 AM »
first session in the 440 High last night, and they felt perfect.  perfectly soft where I want them to be soft, thin where I want them to be thin, support where I want support, great heel lock, and best part of any high is that they are very comfortable wrapped around your ankles.  love em.

thanks @IusedToSkateMore for the trade
hardly art, hardly starving

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3459 on: July 16, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Arches in the Tiago 1010's feel extra high.
Snip
Has anybody else noticed a seemingly extra tall arch in your 1010's?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep these even though I like everything else about them.
[close]

Try swapping to a different, flatter insole. That might help! I'm definitely sizing a half size down in my next pair, that way I can tie em all loose like  8)
[close]

I pulled the insoles out and I really don't think that's where the hearts feel is coming from. Here's the thing I think is causing it.
https://imgur.com/Z7XABYs
[close]
I have the Brown pair with the black sole and noticed this too. I wore them one day to break them in but even walking hurt my feet so bad. I wanted to like these so much but they are basically collecting dust.
After like the first 5-10 minutes of every session in the 1010s I get pain in the middle of my feet (kinda like when you lace up ill fitting ice skates too tightly, if you know what I mean) so I sit down for a bit until it goes away and it’s fine after that.

I encourage trying to get used to them, for me they have been a very durable and secure shoe that completely removed the low back pain I used to get after every session with Vans Pros.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3460 on: July 16, 2021, 11:23:46 AM »
first session in the 440 High last night, and they felt perfect.  perfectly soft where I want them to be soft, thin where I want them to be thin, support where I want support, great heel lock, and best part of any high is that they are very comfortable wrapped around your ankles.  love em.

I bought 4 pairs of those things and hope they keep them in regular seasonal rotation. They basically solve the recent dunk hi cost-prohibitive factor.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3461 on: July 17, 2021, 07:01:36 PM »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #3462 on: July 18, 2021, 06:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bought 4 pairs of those things and hope they keep them in regular seasonal rotation. They basically solve the recent dunk hi cost-prohibitive factor.

440 is a good dunk replacement you say? The 1010 is such a great shoe, but I’ll have to try the 440

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3463 on: July 18, 2021, 07:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

440 is a good dunk replacement you say? The 1010 is such a great shoe, but I’ll have to try the 440

They’re good enough for me to flip the brand new Baroque dunks and Orange Label dunks I had on ice for cash.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3464 on: July 18, 2021, 07:15:22 AM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3465 on: July 19, 2021, 09:11:29 PM »
the 508s were... disappointing. the shitty abzorb insole with how crazy low the heel support on them was made these shoes really disappointing based on all the good things i've heard about them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3467 on: July 21, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
OG Westgate 913 is back!

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nm913/NM913V1-36969.html

I personally think these are way better than the 508 and hopefully that is why they're bringing it back now.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3468 on: July 21, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »
OG Westgate 913 is back!

I personally think these are way better than the 508 and hopefully that is why they're bringing it back now.

Grabbed a pair of these and the new grey colorway of the Tiago (two posts up), today. Neither shoe is what I would typically wear but god damn did NB nail it with the comfort factor on both shoes. Will probably end up skating the 913 later down the road, but both are chillers for now. Think it's been mentioned here (and I rarely ever do this, I'm a tried and true 12 in almost every shoe) but half size down on the 1010's. Will definitely be copping more in the future.

Edit: Figured I'd add that I'm currently skating the 440 lows and loving them. Nice, minimal cup sole.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #3469 on: July 21, 2021, 08:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
OG Westgate 913 is back!

[close]

Grabbed a pair of these and the new grey colorway of the Tiago (two posts up), today. Neither shoe is what I would typically wear but god damn did NB nail it with the comfort factor on both shoes. Will probably end up skating the 913 later down the road, but both are chillers for now. Think it's been mentioned here (and I rarely ever do this, I'm a tried and true 12 in almost every shoe) but half size down on the 1010's. Will definitely be copping more in the future.

Edit: Figured I'd add that I'm currently skating the 440 lows and loving them. Nice, minimal cup sole.

Thats how I felt about my 440 lows. Honestly makes it hard to go back to vulcs. My local just got a NB# account and Im stoked to get to try some on/buy some from them
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3471 on: July 22, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
Samples

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRlmWD8lopq/?utm_medium=copy_link

i don't feel like this colorway is it for this shoe. maybe it's just me but it looks... wrong.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #3473 on: July 22, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »

i don't feel like this colorway is it for this shoe. maybe it's just me but it looks... wrong.
Agreed. Who thought that Tiffany eyelet was a good match for the main colours?

What are some colours yall would like to see? I'd love a chocolate brown suede with black or gum sole, red eyelet, minimal black detailing. Also suede on top of the toe, not mesh.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3474 on: July 22, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
I just wanna see these over and over again lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD0_-5eFl-8/?utm_medium=copy_link

But it would also be sick to have a black on black colorway with red eyelets and hits. I also really love the idea of this color scheme translated onto a 1010

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcsCgyhXLn/?utm_medium=copy_link
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3475 on: July 22, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »

I dig it actually (I also spy synth panels)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3476 on: July 22, 2021, 07:56:35 PM »
I just wanna see these over and over again lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD0_-5eFl-8/?utm_medium=copy_link

But it would also be sick to have a black on black colorway with red eyelets and hits. I also really love the idea of this color scheme translated onto a 1010

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcsCgyhXLn/?utm_medium=copy_link

That colorway on a Tiago would be an insta buy and I’ve never even had a pair

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3477 on: July 23, 2021, 04:18:22 PM »
nm272's posted in recent/upcoming look rad, but they're more expensive than nm440's. What's the deal?

My nm255's are beautiful to skate in but seem to be disintegrating faster than normal- what do 17 more nm's get me that I wouldn't get from 306?

Seems to be a scaling problem with nm's if you ask me...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3479 on: July 25, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »
I just got the white leather w. gum sole 1010 and I'm pretty fuckin' excited.