Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 766226 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3750 on: November 28, 2021, 03:42:17 AM »
How cushioned is the sole on the 440? As cushioned as a Dunk?

Wouldn't say as cushioned as a dunk. The dunks have that foam midsole that keeps the kinda stiff for a long while. The 440 sole is a more bare bone cupsole in the front with a nice thickness under the heel. the benefit of the 440 sole is that it kinda forms to your foot a lil bit. It certainly is a lil protective but still has some good boardfeel
It's a lil more than the emerica romero laced from how i remember those, it's been a while!

Hope that helps

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3751 on: November 28, 2021, 06:25:28 AM »
The 440 is the least cushioned shoe I skate cup or not. They’re pretty thin and pretty flexible once broken in but don’t hurt.

No comply

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3752 on: November 28, 2021, 07:39:02 AM »
Thank you for the info on the 440.  I was thinking about that great deal on them but it doesn’t sound like the right shoe for me.  Does the Tiago have a lot of cushioning?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3753 on: November 28, 2021, 08:55:49 AM »
1010 is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve skated in.
I could wear the ‘beef and broccoli’s’ for here on out

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3754 on: November 29, 2021, 03:53:11 AM »
Thank you for the info on the 440.  I was thinking about that great deal on them but it doesn’t sound like the right shoe for me.  Does the Tiago have a lot of cushioning?

Tiagos have lots of cushioning- like an even better worked dunk for me. Solid in the heel and midfoot (landing primo shouldn't bother you with these) still good boardfeel once broken in. i gues suede colorways would break in faster than leather. I liked mine a lot!

i don't know if that makes sense or helps, as i don't know if what i wrote about the 440s made sense  :o

No comply

« Reply #3755 on: November 29, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
All the responses help.  I just get a lot of foot and heel pain when I skate.  I can only skate about three hours and I can’t take it anymore. Right now I’m skating in the Adidas Tyshawn with FP insoles and it’s pretty good. I don’t know if the Tiago would be an improvement or not.  I do appreciate the help.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3756 on: November 29, 2021, 12:11:17 PM »
While I haven’t officially skated either shoe yet, I do own both, and the 1010s are more comfortable with more cushion than the Tyshawns.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:51:45 PM by flintstagram »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #3757 on: November 29, 2021, 12:51:20 PM »
I love the 1010s as a shoe but the heelslip had prevented me really skating them. Yesterday I put a kinda beat up pair of the white leather and gum in a bucket of hot water and sard wonder soap, to soak, then in the washing machine, and they came out softer and better fitting. The heel lock is now perfect. Skated them last night and they're amazing, absolute kickflip guns, great grip, flick, cushioning, boardfeel. I'm stoked, i finally unlocked my fave shoes. Just soaked my black suede jawns in hot water (but didn't put them in the washing machine), they're stuffed with old tshirts now, will let you know how they go

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3758 on: November 29, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
Skated them last night and they're amazing, absolute kickflip guns, great grip, flick, cushioning, boardfeel. I'm stoked, i finally unlocked my fave shoes. Just soaked my black suede jawns in hot water (but didn't put them in the washing machine), they're stuffed with old tshirts now, will let you know how they go

pls post the "recipe" for this

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #3759 on: November 29, 2021, 05:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Skated them last night and they're amazing, absolute kickflip guns, great grip, flick, cushioning, boardfeel. I'm stoked, i finally unlocked my fave shoes. Just soaked my black suede jawns in hot water (but didn't put them in the washing machine), they're stuffed with old tshirts now, will let you know how they go
[close]

pls post the "recipe" for this
Ran the water until it was hot, took out the laces and insoles out of the shoes. put the shoes in, filled to the brim then put something heavy on top so they're fully submerged. After at least 30min i took them out, shook and squeezed out what water i could, then grabbed some old tshirts and stuffed them into the shoes, making sure to really fill the toe and forefoot, where they were tight on my wide feet.
After another 30-60min, while still damp, i put the insoles back in, slipped them on and laced them up, then went about my day doing housework. Not rocket science.

Hope this works for others like it did for me.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3760 on: November 29, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »
Tyshawn’s are also a really good shoe. Narrow upfront. All in all, one of the best shoes I’ve had recently. Broken record, but the ave pro, Jordan 1, Tyshawn, legacy slim, dunk…all very good. The 1010, in all suede, for me, skated a little better. I wasn’t smart enough to try and shrink em like TOF did, so mine, in tts, had some heavy heel slip. And after awhile I just got used to it and it stopped bothering me. I’ve always skated in super tight shoes. Played soccer, same, cycling same, etc. after doing some jogging, and having lots of foot pain, I’ve had running stores recommend much larger shoes. Sometimes a full size, to size and a half larger than what I ordinarily wear. That opened me up to just going with looser shoes. I mean I wear timbs for work, often loosely laced, af1s loose with plenty of heel popping…
Loose shoes aren’t so bad.
1010s are a little weird on the sizing, but seem to be a better shoe than a dunk (I flip flop on this).
I tried 1/2 size down in the 1010 and I don’t like it.
My feet are terrible, and have kept me off board. Weight loss, calf raises, stretching (I almost never do this, and am currently paying the price), and less inflammatory foods, have all helped. I’m not disciplined enough to stick with it.

No comply

« Reply #3761 on: November 30, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
I ordered the 1010s for a good price. It sounds like a good shoe from all your responses.  I won’t know until I try them.  Thanks for all the help.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3762 on: December 01, 2021, 09:53:23 AM »
Holy shit @TracersOnlyfans that is some Rocket Science  ;D

But regarding the Leather 1010s, i wear mine around the house whereas i skated my first pair right away. The house shoe ones kinda loose their heel slip potential day by day and just start to fit great!
Like the heel slip is just in my mind cuase the material inside around the heel is kinda slippery, hard to explain. overall they just fit my foot well with little to no dead space, just not the really snug fit for me TTS.

Speaking of heel slip: Tiagos DC Model was the worst shoe when it came to heel slip maybe ever! Even though it was hella tight in the front i was slipping around everywhere with my heel....

Tyshawns are great too, narrower in the front though. Both shoes performed really well for me though.

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3763 on: December 01, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »
peeped the new catalogue for d3 2022, instead of posting the new tiagos i'm here to inform you the 440high acg-ish shoe looks very tasty

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 12:42:06 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3765 on: December 02, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
peeped the new catalogue for d3 2022, instead of posting the new tiagos i'm here to inform you the 440high acg-ish shoe looks very tasty

ya'll gonna share more or what fam

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3766 on: December 02, 2021, 02:15:41 PM »
If anyone can help find a pair of NB# 272's in orange/white, size 6.5M (8W) it would make my girl really happy.
I've looked a lot, but no dice
[]
Hey brother, we didn't make that shoe in 6.5 in the first release, but we may have them in the future releases. This shoe runs a bit on the larger side, have you considered a 6?
Get litty.....

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3767 on: December 02, 2021, 03:10:52 PM »

Post the catalog nerd!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #3768 on: December 07, 2021, 07:29:56 AM »
Can't find the brown 1010 anywhere in Europe. It's wrecking my head.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3769 on: December 07, 2021, 11:17:38 AM »
I havent been able to find them anywhere in the US anymore either.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3770 on: December 07, 2021, 11:45:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I havent been able to find them anywhere in the US anymore either.
More pairs coming in the future ;)
Get litty.....

uesty

• Rep: 93
« Reply #3771 on: December 07, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3773 on: December 08, 2021, 02:42:35 PM »
how is the forefoot cushioning on the 1010s compared to dunks? aftermarket insoles save my heels but dont do much more my forefoot. let me know before i grab some af1s to thrash around in (or superstars)
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3774 on: December 08, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »
how is the forefoot cushioning on the 1010s compared to dunks? aftermarket insoles save my heels but dont do much more my forefoot. let me know before i grab some af1s to thrash around in (or superstars)

I've only tried on 1010s at a shop, but it seems like they have more forefoot cushion than dunks.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3775 on: December 08, 2021, 02:54:15 PM »

Af1 are serious ankle roll danger just be warned.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #3776 on: December 08, 2021, 05:27:00 PM »
1010 are all around more comfortable and cushier than dunks.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #3777 on: December 08, 2021, 08:27:22 PM »
the grey w/ black are up on the US site now as well
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nm1010/NM1010V1-35799.html

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3778 on: December 14, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
1010PW looks super clean, might have to cop. Was bummed the other all black model sold out so quickly.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #3779 on: December 14, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »
I had to return my 1010’s bc (to me) they ran small (aka sized like a dunk so take that as you will). Was bummed. I may try the half size up but dang I may just wait for the 808’s! Any idea when those come out?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.