Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765833 times)

streetmeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 172
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4170 on: May 12, 2022, 03:52:28 AM »
Was mentioned a couple pages back but anyone gone from 440s to the 425s and notice a difference in the sole lasting any longer? 440s are my all time favorite shoe but for fucks sake do i wear through the sole under my big toe so fucking fast.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Justinshreds

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4172 on: May 13, 2022, 06:35:20 AM »
Anyone know when the new Tiago colors are coming out?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4173 on: May 13, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #4174 on: May 13, 2022, 08:06:48 PM »
Poked a couple more eyelets on my 1010s. Heel slip gone!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #4175 on: May 13, 2022, 10:10:03 PM »
Poked a couple more eyelets on my 1010s. Heel slip gone!

It's a shame the laces are so damn short on the 1010s. If you have Dunk laces, going to the top or adding that extra eyelet solves the issue!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #4176 on: May 14, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »

It's a shame the laces are so damn short on the 1010s. every NB#
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #4177 on: May 14, 2022, 10:44:12 PM »
Expand Quote

It's a shame the laces are so damn short on the 1010s. every NB#
[close]

I actually love the lace length and material on 306s, atleast for size 9s. Just perfect imo

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #4178 on: May 16, 2022, 02:11:13 AM »
new balance just took over the game man, with inflation causing even the cheap shoes like Lakai to reach the $100 mark it's hard to justify anything but the new balance shoes. Nike and Adidas are all talk, they haven't really put tech worth the price in a decade but these new balances are teched out yo

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4179 on: May 16, 2022, 02:24:32 AM »
Maybe not the best examples but Nike ishods and nyjahs are $150, Adidas tyshawns $150, but new balance tiagos are $200 in Aus. Nb might have the better tech but you still pay for it down here. (Altho their other shoes range from$120-$160)

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #4180 on: May 16, 2022, 11:04:24 AM »
new balance just took over the game man, with inflation causing even the cheap shoes like Lakai to reach the $100 mark it's hard to justify anything but the new balance shoes. Nike and Adidas are all talk, they haven't really put tech worth the price in a decade but these new balances are teched out yo
It’s true, the tiagos are really good. I’m dealing with some ankle shot, and these shoes really help out. I was a little worried about the shape of the toe at first,  but I got used to the flick pretty much immediately. I’m hoping the next Tiago shoe has as much cushion in it.

eSK3

« Reply #4181 on: May 16, 2022, 01:11:52 PM »
The 808 is beautiful. LEAK PLEASE!

FrankSweat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4182 on: May 17, 2022, 06:21:31 AM »
Hi guys I'm thinking about getting the 440 hi Tom knox colorway but I'm not really sure how those fit. I have seen that they fit big or TTS. I usually get size 10 in all shoes and the only shoe I half size down is the Chuck 70. What size should I get?

Thanks!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #4183 on: May 17, 2022, 06:36:39 AM »
Don’t listen to me, but I get a full size down in the highs and throw a thinner insole in these days.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

uesty

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4184 on: May 17, 2022, 08:12:43 AM »
Hi guys I'm thinking about getting the 440 hi Tom knox colorway but I'm not really sure how those fit. I have seen that they fit big or TTS. I usually get size 10 in all shoes and the only shoe I half size down is the Chuck 70. What size should I get?

Thanks!

i too am a 10 in all shoes, and rock with the high and low 440s in a 10. little wiggle room by my big toe but i like that

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #4185 on: May 17, 2022, 11:46:29 AM »
does anyone know if we will be getting these in canada? Im assuming these are new because we still haven't got the Olive / Camo / Orange colourway here either as far as I can tell.

Those are for sure coming to Canada. The ports up there are even worse than the US right now.  I’m showing June delivery of these up there.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #4186 on: May 17, 2022, 11:47:34 AM »
Does anyone here know if we can ever expect to see another run of the 913s, the original Brandon Westgate shoe? It is my favorite skate shoe I've used before, and I have two pairs on ice. Just wondering if I should be making a more concerted effort to obtain any other stray pairs I can find before they're gone forever.
You can expect to see the 913 again surface this year sometime in the Fall.  We will probably bring it back 1 time a year so make sure you stock up when they hit! 

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4187 on: May 17, 2022, 12:56:50 PM »

Thanks!

I would say 0.5 up actually, but that's my personal relationship with NB#, almost all their shoes run small for me. 1010, 533[v1 & v2], 440, 440Hi, 288, etc.

Do you ever have to 0.5 up in cupsole models? If so, 0.5 u. If not, TTS, but do not size down. If you don't have super thin/narrow feet, TTS is probably best. If you go 0.5 up and it's a lil roomy, swap to a better insole (which it really needs tbh).
Super Champion Fun Zone

FrankSweat

« Reply #4188 on: May 17, 2022, 07:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

I would say 0.5 up actually, but that's my personal relationship with NB#, almost all their shoes run small for me. 1010, 533[v1 & v2], 440, 440Hi, 288, etc.

Do you ever have to 0.5 up in cupsole models? If so, 0.5 u. If not, TTS, but do not size down. If you don't have super thin/narrow feet, TTS is probably best. If you go 0.5 up and it's a lil roomy, swap to a better insole (which it really needs tbh).

I've never had to. The last couple of cupsoles I skated were the OG Booz, Campus ADV and Marana and all were size 10(TTS)and the fit was great. I was thinking buying a pair of FP insoles, maybe the 5mm but I don't think I should size up right? I saw that the insole sucks and it gets all mushed upfront.

Also, thanks to @allen. and @uesty. A full size down would murder my feet haha

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4189 on: May 17, 2022, 08:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

[close]

I've never had to. The last couple of cupsoles I skated were the OG Booz, Campus ADV and Marana and all were size 10(TTS)and the fit was great. I was thinking buying a pair of FP insoles, maybe the 5mm but I don't think I should size up right? I saw that the insole sucks and it gets all mushed upfront.

Also, thanks to @Allen. and @uesty. A full size down would murder my feet haha

TTS should be fine then!
Usually , if others 0.5 up on the Marana (like I do), I've seen many also have to 0.5 up on NB# cups.
Super Champion Fun Zone

FrankSweat

« Reply #4190 on: May 17, 2022, 09:23:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

[close]

Also, thanks to @Allen. and @uesty. A full size down would murder my feet haha
[close]

TTS should be fine then!
Usually , if others 0.5 up on the Marana (like I do), I've seen many also have to 0.5 up on NB# cups.

NB has to get their sizing together or at least like Converse they should tell you if you should size up or down. I don't even want to skate the 440,looks so clean and classic haha thank you

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #4191 on: May 18, 2022, 04:41:00 AM »
Maybe not the best examples but Nike ishods and nyjahs are $150, Adidas tyshawns $150, but new balance tiagos are $200 in Aus. Nb might have the better tech but you still pay for it down here. (Altho their other shoes range from$120-$160)

And you're paying upwards of $170-200 for some Vans like Half Cabs and Ave.

I found the Tiago hands down best value of those. Ishods were junk. Tyshawns not bad.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4192 on: May 18, 2022, 05:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I found the Tiago hands down best value of those. Ishods were junk. Tyshawns not bad.
Yeah vans prices now are kinda unreal. When the janoski came out I couldn't believe people bought them, you could get pretty much any two pairs of vans for the same price. now it's completely inverted. I think the westgate 913 have gone down in price (altho they don't come out very often) so maybe when the next big tech nb comes out the tiagos will go down in price also.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #4193 on: May 18, 2022, 06:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah vans prices now are kinda unreal. When the janoski came out I couldn't believe people bought them, you could get pretty much any two pairs of vans for the same price. now it's completely inverted. I think the westgate 913 have gone down in price (altho they don't come out very often) so maybe when the next big tech nb comes out the tiagos will go down in price also.

You can find the 1010s on sale sometimes which is nice. I got my last 2 pairs for around 110 which is great imo. They are such a clean show and hold up really well!
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4196 on: May 21, 2022, 08:59:48 AM »
it's grey day time again, looks like the 1010s are getting their version again this year and the foy 306. the 1010 is actually different too, new tongue design to match the normal NB logoing, different N and some other details. also last year was the mesh toe, and this year is suede toe. i like this year's better i m o
foy link https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-jamie-foy-306/NM306V1-41649.html

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-tiago-lemos-1010/NM1010V1-41648.html

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #4197 on: May 21, 2022, 01:55:07 PM »
Wow those grey 306s might be the best colour way they’ve ever done of that shoe

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4198 on: May 21, 2022, 05:29:35 PM »
it's grey day time again, looks like the 1010s are getting their version again this year and the foy 306. the 1010 is actually different too, new tongue design to match the normal NB logoing, different N and some other details. also last year was the mesh toe, and this year is suede toe. i like this year's better i m o
foy link https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-jamie-foy-306/NM306V1-41649.html

So sick with the leather tongue on the 1010
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd02y_rrDFG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4199 on: May 21, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So sick with the leather tongue on the 1010
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd02y_rrDFG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

absolutely agreed. idk if they are gonna ship sooner, but i saw the foy & 1010 went up early on parade so i maaaayyyy have copped a pair