Author Topic: GX1000 Full Length in April  (Read 36100 times)

Makaveli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
Re: GX1000 Full Length in April
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »
I knew Dela, Al, Yonnie, and Jake would have footage all over this video, but if you told me Ben Gore only had two clips (less than Tony Manfre), I wouldn't believe you.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2016, 04:35:10 AM »
that hills and walls dude is a fucking ripper
good come sausage

nylin

« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2016, 04:47:24 AM »
That clip of Yonnie dipping out on the cop was ill as fuck. So much sick hijinx shit in here in addition to the amazing skating.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:05 AM »
That clip of Yonnie dipping out on the cop was ill as fuck. So much sick hijinx shit in here in addition to the amazing skating.

Did you like all the tagging in it, too?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what was the deal with that? is tagging culture in SF like a big thing or something? i've never been, i wouldn't know =[
good come sausage

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell fucking yes.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what was the deal with that? is tagging culture in SF like a big thing or something? i've never been, i wouldn't know =[

I first I figured it was because they were all like 20, but since they're all older than that it must be because mental and personal development comes grinding to a halt when you get your first sponsor.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I first I figured it was because they were all like 20, but since they're all older than that it must be because mental and personal development comes grinding to a halt when you get your first sponsor.

SFB killing the game recently with that sarcasm

Grampa

• Rep: 150
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:04 AM »
All the tagging footage just made me want to watch a Natural Koncept video instead.

I think these dudes are old enough that they should be able to understand that maybe people don't want them in their backyards or skating their houses.

Hey, some gnarly hill footage though!

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
I wonder if "Gipper" ever had to end up fighting the GX guys like he said he was going to do if he couldn't skate those house spots anymore.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »
I wonder if "Gipper" ever had to end up fighting the GX guys like he said he was going to do if he couldn't skate those house spots anymore.
Do you think they are particularly tough? It wasn't a house spot if I remember correctly, but yeah, those dudes brattiness definitely brings unnecessary heat to street skating.

Interestingly, I was just about to post about how stupid and selfish those guys are. My favorite part of the video is where the lady at that house takes the dude's board and starts swinging it at him, and clearly using their lines against them "there wasn't a sign that said I couldn't take it" hahahaha. That lady was rad.

Does anybody else feel like these dudes have a heavy feeling of compensating from spending too much time in the suburbs growing up, and now they want to act like super-urban tough guys?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »
^^^Why in the hell are you so angry about everything? I was only following up on one of your particularly macho and testosterone filled posts you made awhile back. To answer your question, I liked the skating obviously but the tagging is dumb as shit.

Did you at least skate to the GX premiere?

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
You know, a lot of the time I end up rolling my eyes at this go-hard, skate-or-die, fuck-everyone-else-in-the-streets mentality and (skate) media portrayal.

But this video was fucking amazing. I loved everything about it, regardless of whether it makes them dicks or cool or not. Regardless of whether they're like that in real life or not. Everything went together in this video perfectly. The skaters, the spots and tricks (and outfits, let's be honest); the graff stuff, the slams and street interactions, the minimal editing and random montage vibes. The music choices.

Basically this was a perfect video. Whether it's your cup of tea, or type of skating you enjoy, or not.

So hats off to this crew.

Beats the piss out of both the Polar and Adidas videos, that's for sure.

And I fully expected to like both of those.

Got a rip of this video and will still buy it, just as soon as it stops selling out in my local.

micky682

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
What I don't get is how JJ seems like a decent respectful guy, but his crew is full of degenerates. They are all great skaters, but everyone but JJ seem to be dicks to anyone who isn't a skater. Even Dela and Al. Why can't everyone just be like Kenny Anderson.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2016, 11:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you think they are particularly tough? It wasn't a house spot if I remember correctly, but yeah, those dudes brattiness definitely brings unnecessary heat to street skating.

Interestingly, I was just about to post about how stupid and selfish those guys are. My favorite part of the video is where the lady at that house takes the dude's board and starts swinging it at him, and clearly using their lines against them "there wasn't a sign that said I couldn't take it" hahahaha. That lady was rad.

Does anybody else feel like these dudes have a heavy feeling of compensating from spending too much time in the suburbs growing up, and now they want to act like super-urban tough guys?

Al is from Cincy, Ryan Garshell is from Lakeland, Yonnie and Dela are Tampa area or something near it, and Stevie is barrio LA. Not exactly suburban kids there Gip.

micky682

« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Al is from Cincy, Ryan Garshell is from Lakeland, Yonnie and Dela are Tampa area or something near it, and Stevie is barrio LA. Not exactly suburban kids there Gip.
The Supreme kids are all really rich, Aidan's mom is a movie director, Sage and Swan go to charter school in NY, Kevin was sent to Hawaii for school, the only ones who are I guess "urban" are Tyshawn and Nakel but I think Nakel's uncle is Kar$$m Campbell.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:07 PM »
^none of those guys are in the video or act tough...
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
Why can't everyone just be like Kenny Anderson.

hardly art, hardly starving

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how is it that you can go off on the Adidas vid/premier for "trying to turn our culture into theirs, not adjusting how they do business to fit how our culture does things", but when you watched the GX vid, which is a much better representation of how we do things, you don't like that either?  That video has NO corporate affiliation, the dudes all ride for different companies, and the skating is pretty fucking insane.  What would you say (video-wise) is the best representation of skateboarding or our culture, as far as a recent video goes? 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
The Supreme kids are all really rich, Aidan's mom is a movie director, Sage and Swan go to charter school in NY, Kevin was sent to Hawaii for school, the only ones who are I guess "urban" are Tyshawn and Nakel but I think Nakel's uncle is Kar$$m Campbell.

your semi right but not really.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2016, 07:16:52 PM »
Wow, this thread really shit the bed in hardly ten posts. Great job, everyone!
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

yohimbe718

• Rep: -2
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »
You know, a lot of the time I end up rolling my eyes at this go-hard, skate-or-die, fuck-everyone-else-in-the-streets mentality and (skate) media portrayal.

But this video was fucking amazing. I loved everything about it, regardless of whether it makes them dicks or cool or not. Regardless of whether they're like that in real life or not. Everything went together in this video perfectly. The skaters, the spots and tricks (and outfits, let's be honest); the graff stuff, the slams and street interactions, the minimal editing and random montage vibes. The music choices.

Basically this was a perfect video. Whether it's your cup of tea, or type of skating you enjoy, or not.

So hats off to this crew.

Beats the piss out of both the Polar and Adidas videos, that's for sure.

And I fully expected to like both of those.

Got a rip of this video and will still buy it, just as soon as it stops selling out in my local.

100% right. It was the perfect street skateboarding video. 10/10... 5 stars. I don't care to know anything about the skaters or filmer personally. Just judge the product and the emotion you felt... were you entertained? Did it make you want to go skate, film, and inspire you to make a video of your own? etc etc.

yohimbe718

• Rep: -2
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's huge. And what they're doing are throw ups. It's rebellious just like street skateboarding.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »
say what you will about the hijinx and immature behaviour, this video is fucking rad.

far better representation of how i feel about and what i get from street skating than anything mega corps put out...

those hill bombs get your heart rate up just sitting here watching; to a far greater extent than away days, makes me want to go skate.

it's kinda funny that between the dime video and this, these kinda low budget homie videos are putting big budget shit to shame, as far as i'm concerned... representing skate culture in it's truest, gnarliest form.

i love you can feel it in your feet when you watch someone start to get speed wobble on a hill bomb.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's huge. And what they're doing are throw ups. It's rebellious just like street skateboarding.

Like a lot of graffiti in SF now a days, their hand styles weren't that great. It seems like the art of tagging just sort of fell the shitter. I mean getting up is getting up but get up with some finesse and style. It is no different than street skating. Anyone can be some rebellious street skater but if you have doo doo style, no one is going to give you credit.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »
Just watched

The fact that GX got hit by a fucking car is insane. Loved the video, just wished they organized it into people's parts instead of montages.

Every time someone bombed a hill, i was at the edge of my seat haha

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2016, 12:14:30 PM »
say what you will about the hijinx and immature behaviour, this video is fucking rad.

far better representation of how i feel about and what i get from street skating than anything mega corps put out...

those hill bombs get your heart rate up just sitting here watching; to a far greater extent than away days, makes me want to go skate.

it's kinda funny that between the dime video and this, these kinda low budget homie videos are putting big budget shit to shame, as far as i'm concerned... representing skate culture in it's truest, gnarliest form.

i love you can feel it in your feet when you watch someone start to get speed wobble on a hill bomb.

i think its a money thing as far as the videos Like when a big company throws money down they either expect it a certain way or the filmer looks at it like fuck i have all this pressure on me let me make it worth while as opposed to a homie video you have time and can make something the way you want

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »
This was lit

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
Video was gritty in a perfect way. Idk how JJ switch no complys street gaps and bump to bars, his clips were my favorites. If you are bitching in this thread about their antics quit being a kook.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.