Author Topic: Is Independent screwing up their product for an extra buck?  (Read 2091 times)

juuhnuuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Is Independent screwing up their product for an extra buck?
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:50:54 AM »
Recently I got a set of Indy 149 titanium trucks for my birthday. Now I've switched between Indy and Thunder for most of my skating life and you notice how trucks can change from 1 series to the next. The thing is that Indy are not the same quality the axles bend and become crooked after just a couple of sessions. This happened to not only my indy trucks but also to a lot of my friends some of them have just accepted that Indy's bend and skate them anyway but I have never had this problem before with any truck so I am wondering if Indy is cutting down on production costs or if they changed the production process. I don't know but the quality is not the same as before (maybe it is an issue that only the titanium trucks have).  Of course as any broke skater would I am still skating these trucks.

BMCsteve

Re: Is Independent screwing up their product for an extra buck?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:01:54 AM »
Post a pic.  I've never seen nor heard of Indy Titanium axles bending

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 04:15:51 AM »

#calledout

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

#calledout

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 06:36:24 AM »
Bent axles in just a couple sessions? Are you 200lbs and skating off roof tops every session or something? I have a hard time believing this. Like the others are saying, post a pic, then I'll eat my words.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:37:36 AM »
I have three completes with Thunder trucks on them, none of them had perfectly straight axles to begin with. They slightly bend over time, but it's nothing terrible. So you're not in the minority here.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:51:22 AM »
Take a picture and send it to them. If its really noticeable its probably just a defect

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 10:54:09 AM »
Take a picture and send it to them. If its really noticeable its probably just a defect
...and they'll send you a replacement set.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 12:02:45 PM »
I guess the ace truck threads were getting stale.....

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
loool Aces are total trash. They are scamming everyone with their product and deserve to be shut down. Indys are the toughest trucks out, as long as you don't go with their stupid gimmicks like titanium or hollows.

Thunders are awful, Ive broken so many of their aircraft grade baseplates. Needless to say, if Ace or Thunder want to send me some gear I would rep them hard  ;)

Xtal

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
loool Aces are total trash. They are scamming everyone with their product and deserve to be shut down. Indys are the toughest trucks out, as long as you don't go with their stupid gimmicks like titanium or hollows.

Thunders are awful, Ive broken so many of their aircraft grade baseplates. Needless to say, if Ace or Thunder want to send me some gear I would rep them hard  ;)

Indy, Thunder, and Venture standards are all made at Ermico, so I don't see how any of them could be weaker than the other. Ace's are definitely not trash, especially since they reinforced the hanger. They even include bushings that actually work, unlike NHS or DLX.

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the hollows are pretty shit but the titaniums are one of the best trucks if not the best trucks going

brother bob

• Rep: 5
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 05:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the hollows are pretty shit but the titaniums are one of the best trucks if not the best trucks going

Why are the hollows shit? Just ordered some and was really looking forward to trying em out.
"Post an amethyst, fuccboi."

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 06:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Why are the hollows shit? Just ordered some and was really looking forward to trying em out.

Because they're hollow they tend to break easier. I broke one 50 pounds ago on a flat kickflip
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Preach