Author Topic: Jimmy Lannon of Lakai?  (Read 6333 times)

zippy z

Jimmy Lannon of Lakai?
« on: February 16, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
Wearing adidas. Look like Suciu's.

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
Re: Jimmy Lannon of Lakai?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:10 PM »
never got his appeal. all style, no substance.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »
magenta : adidas :: ???

used to be baker toy foundation:emerica   mystery zero:fallen. girl choc:lakai
still 1-8:vans

this came up in a thread a while ago so im beating a dead horse but its a fun one to beat, for me at least.

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:39:36 PM »
pretty sure he's been on adidas for a while

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 06:45:06 PM »

to his each his own. but he's my favorite skater ever probably - because he has insane style, and chooses his tricks really well.

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »
curse of the crail - always sleeping and keeping ill cats on flowgram.

chimay's been skating adidas for damn near 2 years.

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »
Was never above flow and probably had no prospect of getting fully on. Loved his Static 4 part, partially because he skates to one of my favorite tracks.

alecjahr

• Rep: -109
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:04 PM »
Who ?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 11:45:01 PM »
he's been gettin adidas for well over a year
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 04:55:15 AM »
King of the Telford

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 04:59:50 AM »
i'll always remember him in the blue/gum lakai's in the hill street blues video
good come sausage

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 05:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

to his each his own. but he's my favorite skater ever probably - because he has insane style, and chooses his tricks really well.
Yeah chooses between just ollies and nose manuels. Was a fan, but look at how dumbed down his skating got from when he was on Element to now. The Headcleaner vid was hilarious to me cause the lines he was doing at that Atlanta spot in the beginning was old as fuck but had a lot of variety, then the clips with him in Adidas.............nothing but ollies

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah chooses between just ollies and nose manuels. Was a fan, but look at how dumbed down his skating got from when he was on Element to now. The Headcleaner vid was hilarious to me cause the lines he was doing at that Atlanta spot in the beginning was old as fuck but had a lot of variety, then the clips with him in Adidas.............nothing but ollies

This is so true. I was watching some of his footage, and for the most of the time, I was just wondering why is this dude so popupar here, and shit. I mean, he has great style, but trickwise, I can do a lot of the shit he lands, just with shitty style. And I suck.

zippy z

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 06:44:46 AM »
Well, that's the thing though, right? Guys like JL are style guys. They look really good doing certain tricks on certain terrain. There's a pretty long list of these guys who can do a lot of tricks, but end up repeating certain tricks for whatever reason. Maybe they just like the way those tricks feel. Maybe those are the only tricks they can do easily? Maybe those are the only tricks they do that look good? Maybe every filmer and photographer they work with wants a shot of those tricks at those types of spots so that's all we end up seeing? Who knows?

On the other extreme we have Ninejah.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »
Well, that's the thing though, right? Guys like JL are style guys. They look really good doing certain tricks on certain terrain. There's a pretty long list of these guys who can do a lot of tricks, but end up repeating certain tricks for whatever reason. Maybe they just like the way those tricks feel. Maybe those are the only tricks they can do easily? Maybe those are the only tricks they do that look good? Maybe every filmer and photographer they work with wants a shot of those tricks at those types of spots so that's all we end up seeing? Who knows?

I like to watch Jimmy Lanon, but Id much rather watch Ninejah grind 30 stair rails and do insane tech stuff, even if it looks how it looks, than watch 15 ollies and 10 nosemanuals in one part.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:42 AM »
I liked his part in the element video, that fakie Ollie up switch hardflip line on that weird marble fountain thingy in Florida is insane

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 07:21:35 AM »
well, an alternative theory is this, which is something i've noticed... lannon has sections in like 5 videos a year... and in most of them it seems like he films them really quick, and has his "stock" tricks usually. (for example, "jive", "shaqueefa mixtape", "perth dimension" etc.)  but then every couple of years he puts out a "serious" part, which has way more tricks and is more varied and fresh. ("dang is dead", "headcleaner", "static 4", etc)  the way i see it, he is just constantly skating an filming probably with his friends for these little projects, but is devoting most of his energy and thought to these bigger projects.

in any case, i still like all his "basic" parts, and can't wait to see what his next "serious" part is going to be.

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »
well, an alternative theory is this, which is something i've noticed... lannon has sections in like 5 videos a year... and in most of them it seems like he films them really quick, and has his "stock" tricks usually. (for example, "jive", "shaqueefa mixtape", "perth dimension" etc.)  but then every couple of years he puts out a "serious" part, which has way more tricks and is more varied and fresh. ("dang is dead", "headcleaner", "static 4", etc)  the way i see it, he is just constantly skating an filming probably with his friends for these little projects, but is devoting most of his energy and thought to these bigger projects.

in any case, i still like all his "basic" parts, and can't wait to see what his next "serious" part is going to be.

wait till volunteers comes out... his part is bonkers.

also fuck anyone who has anything negative to say about Jimmy. I don't care if it's your opinion cause it's fucking stupid

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wait till volunteers comes out... his part is bonkers.

also fuck anyone who has anything negative to say about Jimmy. I don't care if it's your opinion cause it's fucking stupid
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »

Jimmy Lannon is the truth.  

foureyedjim

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »
Used to love this guy...then he started exclusively doing ollies over handicap ramps, a few nose manuals, flat ground nollie flips, and once in a blue moon nose manual nollie flip out.  Still like his style, but I feel like he stopped giving a shit about progressing once he got on Magenta.  Good for him, gets paid to "just cruise," I guess.

julientailbash

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like to watch Jimmy Lanon, but Id much rather watch Ninejah grind 30 stair rails and do insane tech stuff, even if it looks how it looks, than watch 15 ollies and 10 nosemanuals in one part.
Lol ok buddy

$$$$

• Rep: -2
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 02:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you realize that jommy is reaching his mid 30s and works tile right? do any of you fuckers on here ever think about people growing up and just having fun with it?

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
ahem

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:46 PM »
I've seen Jimmy do both switch and regular maneuvers of great difficulty. Anybody hating on him should travel to Florida, bring him some nice snacks, then sit back and enjoy the show.
p-shuvs and v-flips

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »
King of the Telford

This right here. No bullshit, seeing Jimmy kill it in the Telford actually sold me a pair. For some reason tho they didn't work quite as good for me.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »
Was never above flow and probably had no prospect of getting fully on. Loved his Static 4 part, partially because he skates to one of my favorite tracks.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »
ahem

I can't understand this photo. Is there a kicker on the path somewhere that I can't see?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
ahem

[close]

I can't understand this photo. Is there a kicker on the path somewhere that I can't see?

looks like a curb cut thats maybe 1 ft tall?   :o
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 11:52:15 PM »
Who?
Jimmy lannon!
That the guy tom green is talking about in GRIND?