Author Topic: 2016 Presidential election  (Read 57999 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
2016 Presidential election
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:00:51 AM »
So you guys voting for Trump?

4LOM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 2016 Presidential election
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »
that slappy feeble to fakie has my vote

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
Got my vote for sure, dude is fucking hilarious. Way better than Hillary at least. Can't wait to see the show he's gonna put on if actually gets elected, shit's gonna get crazy

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »
sure, all of them fucking suck so we might as well have a entertaining president.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
Trump still needs the black and mexican vote, check the polls

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
I've been following him on Twitter since before he announced he'd run, mostly out of morbid curiosity at the stuff he says. When he first started talking about running, I was like he doesn't have a chance in hell and thought it was laughable. But now he's a serious contender and may be our next president. I have a hard time wanting to vote for any of the candidates so I have no idea yet what I'll do come election time.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
I'm not surprised that people still think voting actually matters. The bullshit that comes out of any presidential candidates mouth couldn't be further from the truth. Corruption and lies on such an enormous scale that will never end until society is pissed off enough. Which probably wont happen within our lifetime.

"It's all bullshit, folks. And it's bad for ya." -Carlin

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
You can't stump the Trump.

Hillary scares the shit out of me.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 05:46:45 PM »
 The choices in this election reflect the dead end west is into. Things are pretty same in Europe. Fascists like trump gaining ground, while the rest semi-fascists or sociodemocrats that you cant distinct them from right wing politicians are crambling. Well you also have the faux leftists like Podemos and Syriza but those are jokes. Trump is nuts I think that he can easily provoke a world war 3, something not that hard with situation between Syria, Russia and Turkey.

Also what's your opinion on the Bern? Do you feel the Burn? I cant seem to buy into, he seems like the american version of tsipras.  

@thewilleasley

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
Let me find out yall out here openly supporting Trump's racist ass just cause he's "funny"

Bernie could be bullshitting or way in over his head but I'd rather vote for someone with (seemingly) good intentions than an outspoken bigot

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 07:21:27 PM »
Also what's your opinion on the Bern? Do you feel the Burn? I cant seem to buy into, he seems like the american version of tsipras. �

As a college attending, legal US resident I feel that Bernie is a great choice, he's been funded by supporters and doesn't have to pay big corps back. What he needs is someone who can advise him the right way financially so he doesn't make the wrong budget cuts. If I could, I definitely would vote for him.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
I definitely think Bernie is the closest we've had to an actual "Leftie" candidate in a very long time. 

That being said, to keep with the Carlin theme:

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:42 AM »
I definitely think Bernie is the closest we've had to an actual "Leftie" candidate in a very long time. 

That being said, to keep with the Carlin theme:

it's bernie or die since George can't be president.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 05:20:31 AM »
Cruz is by far the worst. Trump is a good distraction from from that, and I could see uninformed people who think Trump is racist blindly voting for Cruz.

There was a video on Vice last week about Trump supporters in (I think) South Carolina. They're conservatives, yet they all basically blame their economic problems on free trade,  so that's why their voting for Trump. This is the state of critical thinking in America.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 05:32:46 AM »
Let me find out yall out here openly supporting Trump's racist ass just cause he's "funny"

Bernie could be bullshitting or way in over his head but I'd rather vote for someone with (seemingly) good intentions than an outspoken bigot

Nobody gets this far in politics without being a crook, and it doesn't really make a difference who's president anyways. Tufty is pretty much on point with this.

Trumps ego is already through the roof, would be interesting to see what happens to him if he actually gets elected

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 05:58:09 AM »
Cruz is by far the worst. Trump is a good distraction from from that, and I could see uninformed people who think Trump is racist blindly voting for Cruz.

There was a video on Vice last week about Trump supporters in (I think) South Carolina. They're conservatives, yet they all basically blame their economic problems on free trade,  so that's why their voting for Trump. This is the state of critical thinking in America.

What?  All I get is this anouncement that it will be a tv chanel on 29th (https://viceland.com/en_us/)

The choices in this election reflect the dead end west is into. Things are pretty same in Europe. Fascists like trump gaining ground, while the rest semi-fascists or sociodemocrats that you cant distinct them from right wing politicians are crambling. Well you also have the faux leftists like Podemos and Syriza but those are jokes. Trump is nuts I think that he can easily provoke a world war 3, something not that hard with situation between Syria, Russia and Turkey.

Also what's your opinion on the Bern? Do you feel the Burn? I cant seem to buy into, he seems like the american version of tsipras. 

For once, I agree with you, Tufts.

There is basically no party left to vote for, and that is really saying something considering the fact that I can choose between 7+. In reality, Sweden is run by coalitions, so there are two "blocks" to chose from.

Socialdemocrats are in commanding position right now are are executing policies that are just short of semi-nazis in SD . Not the party I voted for two years ago, not at all. The "liberals" are pretty much set on selling anything for a few dollars, as long as it does not affect them. The "far left" is still in denial and are so fucking PC that it makes me puke.

Im sure Monty will agree that the rest is of the menu is garbage and waste of votes. The party he voted for formed an alliance with "Socialdemocrats" and became the biggest laughing stock in the history of Swedish politics. They sold their soul and have zero power.

Im dont know what to do anymore.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 06:00:02 AM »
There's nobody I want to vote for so I'm just going to write in Fred Gall and vote yes on legalizing weed.

straight

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 06:17:13 AM »
There's nobody I want to vote for so I'm just going to write in Fred Gall and vote yes on legalizing weed.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
whomever gets elected makes very little difference because corruption has been institutionalized. the economic elites rule -- it doesn't matter which candidate gets to sit in the oval office. they either do their bidding or their career and life will be ruined. democracy is illusory.

backing the carlin posts.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »

Bernie. If not him, I'll begrudgingly vote for Clinton.
you never know about pre-cum 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nobody gets this far in politics without being a crook, and it doesn't really make a difference who's president anyways. Tufty is pretty much on point with this.

Trumps ego is already through the roof, would be interesting to see what happens to him if he actually gets elected

Interesting to see a bigoted egomaniac with no political track record or experience in foreign policy lead our already in deep shit country as president for 4 years? Nah I'm good. Obviously all politicians are suspect, but there's no way as a minority in America I could ever even consider voting for Trump. His father was also a known racist who was doing some pretty foul shit as a landlord too. I can't fathom how one could empathize with the minority struggle in America & vote for him. He'll say shit here & there in attempts to get extra minority votes but we all know he'd throw us to the bushes & hope we rot as soon as he were to win

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 01:36:22 PM »
I hope nobody is actually voting for Trump. Ironically or not.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »

Yeah, I'm Kinda scared of the Trump support on the slap right now. I never thought people actually considered him as a president.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
I heard someone make a statement that Trump is supported by 40-50% of the country. I think it wasn't taking into account that those numbers only applied to Republicans.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
 Trump is gonna win, hate to say, and I suppose the one difference between presidents could be how they're percieved by foriegn countries inhabitants.  If the president is offensive more will be insighted to possible war and crazy-ness.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »
My 82 year old racist grandfather likes trump... And Ben Carson for some reason. In November I'll be 6 months out from graduating, my wife's parents own property in the Phillipines, I'd be out come June. I'll run for mayor of the tiny town they're from, maybe chief of police. Open a skate shop in Cebu City and coast through life. I've planned this. The idea of Trump or Cruz winning terrifies me.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »
My aunt left my mom a bunch of land in the Philippines and I, too, am considering getting out of dodge to go manage the land holding down there. I'm pretty sure I could coast through life without ever working again if I did.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »
trumps fantastic. he's hilarious, vibed the pope and now has changed the the tone of the republican party to be more honest and in doing so made them sure unelectable on the national scale. bernie is like a hippie, shave him and give him a bath and all you got left is a dream. he won't get shit done. he's way too inflexible and idealistic. hillary is our best bet at the moment. she's super watered down because she's been in politics so long and trying to do everything for everyone without being able to inspire like obama, however, her terms would be just like bill's all over again except with leassons learned and bills years were some of the best in the last 30 years.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »
trumps fantastic. he's hilarious, vibed the pope and now has changed the the tone of the republican party to be more honest and in doing so made them sure unelectable on the national scale. bernie is like a hippie, shave him and give him a bath and all you got left is a dream. he won't get shit done. he's way too inflexible and idealistic. hillary is our best bet at the moment. she's super watered down because she's been in politics so long and trying to do everything for everyone without being able to inspire like obama, however, her terms would be just like bill's all over again except with leassons learned and bills years were some of the best in the last 30 years.

Bill's years were some of the most punitive and harmful to minority communities in the last 40 years.  Geo Group and CCA have their hands deep in Hillary's pockets, regardless of what she says. You can't take money from those guys and say you're about CJ reform. She gave "some" of the money back from CCA, but Geo lobbyists are still up in that.

My aunt left my mom a bunch of land in the Philippines and I, too, am considering getting out of dodge to go manage the land holding down there. I'm pretty sure I could coast through life without ever working again if I did.
If you get any kind of pension or compensation from the (think you were navy), I'd be all over it. They need a white guy to play Jesus around Xmas and Mardi Gras, so I should be golden.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:10:44 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I'm Kinda scared of the Trump support on the slap right now. I never thought people actually considered him as a president.

I don't think for a second Trump will win, people are confusing his media popularity with his ability to get elected.  As Sleazy mentioned above, the "good" thing he has done is stripped the Republican party of all it's pretense and exposed them for the racist/classist pieces of shit we all knew they were.  At least he doesn't try to hide it. 

That being said, what is scariest about Trump is that his followers have built up quite a big sense of egotism, and I hardly think they will magically go away if Trump doesn't get the nomination.  This is what makes Trump's "success" much less hilarious.

The fact that he has gotten this far is pretty amazing though... it seemed like every week for the last 6 months people have predicting "oh man it's the end for Trump".