Author Topic: Toy Machine Bloodsucking Company - Welcome to hell  (Read 11057 times)

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
Toy Machine Bloodsucking Company - Welcome to hell
« on: May 13, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »

I search and I cant find a Welcome to Hell appreciation. I just want to say how much I love this video. Maybe my second or third one. I bought this and a couple of weeks later some Brian Anderon board. The graphic was the Willian Tell history. The dad with the apple on his son head but the arow on his eye. My mom hate that graphic even today. That was the year 2000.

I love the soundtrack and I remember being obsessed with this video. I just try to emulate a lot of this tricks a lot. I was a little child but this just talk to me in some unique way. What a masterpiece !

BMCsteve

Re: Toy Machine Bloodsucking Company - Welcome to hell
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:16:23 AM »
This video was life changing for me when it came out.  It just completely blew my mind.  To this day the JT part is still my favorite part of all time

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
especially during the van halen song [which somehow worked even though van halen is hot garbage] i always think to myself 'this is the greatest show on earth'. as influential as it was i never really skated rails but this sorta had it all, even a girl.
i'm not sure if it's cause i'm jaded and old but nothing modern gets me as excited and i like how the slam section makes bails something to celebrate in a weird way. like it's still footage as opposed to a mistake.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »
To me this video its like a good record. You just know every note and everything about but you still listen to that thing every week. This is my third time this week watching Welcome to hell and I cant just watch one part.

Fun thing that really represent well the US culture. Its really clear how americans are in this one and this was twenty years ago.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
To me this video its like a good record. You just know every note and everything about but you still listen to that thing every week. This is my third time this week watching Welcome to hell and I cant just watch one part.

Fun thing that really represent well the US culture. Its really clear how americans are in this one and this was twenty years ago.
Well put man.  Anytime I hear a song from this video on the radio I get nostalgia.  It is a masterpiece. 

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:39:41 PM »
I just listened to a podcast interview of Ed Templeton. The podcast was done by "Occasionally Awesome."
Anyways, Ed explained that Muska had a part in Welcome to Hell but after an altercation during the premiere, he was kicked of Toy Machine.
What had happened was there was some kind of technical error and the video couldn't play that night. Muska got in Ed's face and was basically like "Dude, it's all your fucking fault! All you do is fuck up things!" or whatever (causing a big scene) and when Ed looked around the room he saw a bunch of young kids (who had come to the premiere) witnessing this unfold. Ed was basically like "I've had it" and promptly kicked Muska off the team. He said that it was a culmination of things that led up kicking off Muska. During trips Muska was always drunk and belligerent, threatening to fight his teammates (especially when he wasn't getting his way). When Muska had to get a passport for one of the tours Ed basically filled out the entire paperwork for him and afterward just needed Muska's signature. Instead of filling in his name, Chad just wrote "MUSKA" in all this graffiti lettering.

Well anyways. It was'nt very long after he was kicked off that Muska saw the error of his ways and grew to become a much more likable charactor that we all know and love today. However, if you want to catch a glimpse of the "bad" Muska, here's the footage that was supposed to be his part in Welcome to Hell.

sorry, I wrote a book
ableSkateMag.com

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »
I just listened to a podcast interview of Ed Templeton. The podcast was done by "Occasionally Awesome."
Anyways, Ed explained that Muska had a part in Welcome to Hell but after an altercation during the premiere, he was kicked of Toy Machine.
What had happened was there was some kind of technical error and the video couldn't play that night. Muska got in Ed's face and was basically like "Dude, it's all your fucking fault! All you do is fuck up things!" or whatever (causing a big scene) and when Ed looked around the room he saw a bunch of young kids (who had come to the premiere) witnessing this unfold. Ed was basically like "I've had it" and promptly kicked Muska off the team. He said that it was a culmination of things that led up kicking off Muska. During trips Muska was always drunk and belligerent, threatening to fight his teammates (especially when he wasn't getting his way). When Muska had to get a passport for one of the tours Ed basically filled out the entire paperwork for him and afterward just needed Muska's signature. Instead of filling in his name, Chad just wrote "MUSKA" in all this graffiti lettering.

Well anyways. It was'nt very long after he was kicked off that Muska saw the error of his ways and grew to become a much more likable charactor that we all know and love today. However, if you want to catch a glimpse of the "bad" Muska, here's the footage that was supposed to be his part in Welcome to Hell.

sorry, I wrote a book

Nah man, you summarized it to a T. I only really listened to the podcast to hear some Muska stories-unfortunately they were all negative. There's no bad blood between Ed and Muska these days though. See, this is why we need a Muska Later'd. And O'Dell is listening

http://websta.me/p/984857454932194753_5222108

Some other good shit in there though. Ed's "30-30" Brown Dickies for example.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:31:55 AM »
still watch the Barley part regularly...with Maldonado and Leung in a close second.

hardly art, hardly starving

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
if you really had to name a best skate video of all time, i think it should be welcome to hell. its timeless perfection.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
if you really had to name a best skate video of all time, i think it should be welcome to hell. its timeless perfection.

Correct. Im watching WTH again right know. Satva part. What happened to him ?

And after Satva the show continue with the friends part. Part of the wonderful thing about this video is this friends part. It took me years to identify who is who. I love the Ellington tricks. How many dudes you people can name ?

shark tits

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »
aaron harrison at the end, bam, muska, penny, rowley, barley, steve olson, aric hondel, cairo, templetits, tim oconner, ellington i forget who all else and there were a few i couldn't name.
speaking of satva, he dj'd at the beauty bar in sf, he'd do mashups and such. for a while him and donger turned themselves pro overseas via dynasty but otherwise i'm not so sure.
funny thing is i usedta see satva out the corner of my eye everywhere. hubba hideout, copley plaza, even downtown worcester for a demo. sounds like a positive hallucination but we just both happened to be in mass and SFCA at the same times for a few yrs.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »
aaron harrison at the end, bam, muska, penny, rowley, barley, steve olson, aric hondel, cairo, templetits, tim oconner, ellington i forget who all else and there were a few i couldn't name.
speaking of satva, he dj'd at the beauty bar in sf, he'd do mashups and such. for a while him and donger turned themselves pro overseas via dynasty but otherwise i'm not so sure.
funny thing is i usedta see satva out the corner of my eye everywhere. hubba hideout, copley plaza, even downtown worcester for a demo. sounds like a positive hallucination but we just both happened to be in mass and SFCA at the same times for a few yrs.

I dont know some of the people there. After Ellington theres a guy who does a wallie 50-50 with a World shirt (flame boy) no idea. Also some of the names you type I have no idea like Aaron Harrison (he does the grind and lipslide ?) or Aric Hondel. No idea who they are and what companies they rode back in the day. I want to know more about those guys I have no idea. Chad Fernandez had like three or maybe four tricks there.

The other day this older guy I skate with told us a bunch of stories about a trip they did with Satva and he just said a lot of good things about him. In the year 2000 Satva was in Costa Rica and they did a tour to the caribbean. He is or was friend of a friend who used to life in the states so he came here a couple of times. Nothing super-crazy but Satva hook up all the crew with boards and trucks and shit.

shark tits

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 09:34:21 PM »
aaron harrison did the crazy ollie into the bank at the very end and aric hondel did the gap to 50-50 on a 4 foot high box right before or after the suction cups got shot into the gentleman's glasses. i sorta named folks in reverse order as the end was fresher in memory. i've always wonderd about the wallie grind guy. usedta think it was jeff tremaine but i doubt that today.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »
OG Zero was great. To me Zero starts with Misled Youth but you mention Aaron Harrison and I just watch Thrill of it all for the first time today !

Also this:

I love all this vibe on the 90s video. Thanks cause after all this years and Im still discovering things about skateboarding. I wonder how many videos I dont know.  ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
OG Zero was great. To me Zero starts with Misled Youth but you mention Aaron Harrison and I just watch Thrill of it all for the first time today !

Wade Burkitt though ;) Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the first rider that the chief put on zero!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:24:09 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wade Burkitt though ;) Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the first rider than the chief put on zero!

Amazing. AC/DC make this timeless.

On the VHS era I was a little kid. Talking about WTH I was so lucky cause I buy the video at my local skate-shop  (and I was lucky enough to had a local skate-shop) when I was eleven in the year 2000. I buy a Brian Anderson board (actually my second board in my life) and the video. Some months later I buy Misled Youth mostly because THPS 1.

A couple of years later some classmate have an older brother who he still is a skateboarder. He had tons of bootleg videos. TONS. We spend hours bootleging the bootlegs videos. The older brother was like 18 or something when we was twelve-thirteen so he really know a lot of cool shit about skateboarding. He show us Video Days, Questionable. Even Toy Machine Heavy Metal. The guy had an amazing collection for a guy in a country with a little little little skate culture. Back then everybody knew everybody in my little country.

But somehow I never ever watch Thrill it all. Never. So I really dont know about Zero between the Zero section on WTH and Misled Youth. And now that I write about Heavy Metal...love that masterpiece !!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 12:27:29 AM »

Amazing. AC/DC make this timeless.

Yup! Wade could have been massive (he was actually quite big in Aus skate scene). His slam in Misled Youth (presumably the one that took him out of the game) is GNARLY and you can still go to that spot in Martin Place and see how big it is (the run up is also crusty as fuck), I often do when I'm back home...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 05:51:41 AM »
I can't listen to "Somebody to love" without thinking of the montage and at the appropriate time hearing the guy yelling "Y...YOU!"

shark tits

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »
no comply off the yellow thing in boston? same kid who breaks his neck in the slam section, forget his name but he's not a pro, just a loc daddy from boston. someone on here is prolly friends w/ him.
the big slappy was told to me once, yrs and yrs ago. it'll make total sense once someone tells us, then we'll forget again for 10 more yrs.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »
no comply off the yellow thing in boston? same kid who breaks his neck in the slam section, forget his name but he's not a pro, just a loc daddy from boston. someone on here is prolly friends w/ him.
the big slappy was told to me once, yrs and yrs ago. it'll make total sense once someone tells us, then we'll forget again for 10 more yrs.
I always thought that was Steve Nardone.

shark tits

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no sir. steve nardone lived in worcester for a spell and fucked julia our one and only pro ho. the no comply/broke neck mountain kid was never 'a name' in skating. nardone usedta do some ill drop ins. i liked him but some of my friends didn't think he had the makings of a varsity player. guess they were right.
he tried this triple drop in at government center w/ a death drop on the side, made it down 2 then lost the plot. slap sequence back in the day. i useda go there and work my way up til i cuold go down 2 but never dared go any higher.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »
We watched this video so much we wore out two vhs tapes and bought a third. To this day Hallowed be thy name is my favorite Iron Maiden song. Everything about this video was just right.  I wish today's videos still had good music in them instead of whatever that 80's synth pop crap is.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:07 AM »
one of the best. can literally watch all the old toy videos daily.
gnarly slam section.
where is satva?
barefoot handrail skating.
toy machine always has the best soundtracks

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
no sir. steve nardone lived in worcester for a spell and fucked julia our one and only pro ho. the no comply/broke neck mountain kid was never 'a name' in skating. nardone usedta do some ill drop ins. i liked him but some of my friends didn't think he had the makings of a varsity player. guess they were right.
he tried this triple drop in at government center w/ a death drop on the side, made it down 2 then lost the plot. slap sequence back in the day. i useda go there and work my way up til i cuold go down 2 but never dared go any higher.
I re-read my old skate magazines since I've ever had em and I know this... dude's name is Rob Hotte. Some kid asked this in a letters section in Transworld (March 97). It states that he fractured his skull, sprained his neck, and knocked himself unconscious when he hit his head but was OK three weeks later.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont know some of the people there. After Ellington theres a guy who does a wallie 50-50 with a World shirt (flame boy) no idea. Also some of the names you type I have no idea like Aaron Harrison (he does the grind and lipslide ?) or Aric Hondel. No idea who they are and what companies they rode back in the day. I want to know more about those guys I have no idea. Chad Fernandez had like three or maybe four tricks there.

The other day this older guy I skate with told us a bunch of stories about a trip they did with Satva and he just said a lot of good things about him. In the year 2000 Satva was in Costa Rica and they did a tour to the caribbean. He is or was friend of a friend who used to life in the states so he came here a couple of times. Nothing super-crazy but Satva hook up all the crew with boards and trucks and shit.
I dunno bout everyone but I found Ellington, Dan Rogers, Satva, Aric Hondel, Bam, Muska, Olson, Tim O Connor, James Riff, Jason King, Maldonado, Caine Gayle, Rob Hotte, Trevor Prescott???, that's all I think I can name

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The thing on the bottom left of this photo?? Gnarly. I've always wondered who's stepped to that.

http://p-fst2.pixstatic.com/5069fd20fb04d60a51000b94._w.1500_s.fit_.jpg

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:15 AM »
especially during the van halen song [which somehow worked even though van halen is hot garbage] i always think to myself 'this is the greatest show on earth'. as influential as it was i never really skated rails but this sorta had it all, even a girl.
i'm not sure if it's cause i'm jaded and old but nothing modern gets me as excited and i like how the slam section makes bails something to celebrate in a weird way. like it's still footage as opposed to a mistake.
Take that back about VH! JT has always said that a good slam is as good as a make, as in, it'll still make the video giving you a few seconds more screen time.