Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 46403 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
Hey babe is a pretty good podcast. Its rediculous but funny. Never was a sal vulcano fan, but I like him on that pod
Gentleman ninja warlock

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »
This is always interesting. Certainly one of the best CBC shows.

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-70-under-the-influence

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

mushroom slice

« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »
There is a new method man podcast about marvel comics called method marvel or something like that. It’s awesome. He’s a full on comics nerd.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2021, 08:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Not sure if it's been mentioned in here yet but the Bodega Boys podcast (desus & mero) gets heavy rotation from me. It's the perfect approach to fucked up comedy on whatever the hot social issues or pop culture things of the week were.
[close]

Bodega Hive!

GANG GANG YERRRRRRRR

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2021, 12:13:27 PM »
Do any of you guys listen to true anon or q anon anonymous? I just started listening to the clown and the candyman, which is about John Wayne Gacy and Dean Coryll's connections to national pedophile rings. This is some real carcosa shit. Terminal epstein brain

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
I listen to True Anon often, and QAA occasionally.

That series sounds interesting, but honestly I've always been skeptical of any theories about Gacy or Corll being connected to a nationwide ring like that. It always seemed like every time either of them claimed something like that, it was just in an attempt to divert the blame off of themselves.

I actually just read this book on Corll/the Houston murders last weekend, it was really well done:
https://1lib.us/book/3911150/79618c

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2021, 12:48:28 PM »
Do any of you guys listen to true anon or q anon anonymous? I just started listening to the clown and the candyman, which is about John Wayne Gacy and Dean Coryll's connections to national pedophile rings. This is some real carcosa shit. Terminal epstein brain

Can you link me ? Sounds interesting
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Gogogadget1987

• Rep: -3
« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I listen to a few world War 2 podcasts. ( As a history major its very intriguing to me.)
Kinda funny gaming.
Playstation xoxo
Nine club.
Joe rogans podcast

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #338 on: March 18, 2021, 07:29:19 PM »
TrueAnon,Cum Town, Ben and Glenn's After Hours and all the typical dirtbag leftist stuff, I enjoy Grew Up a Punk, End on End and You Don't Know Mojack. I don't listen to a ton of skate podcasts aside from like The Bunt.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #339 on: March 18, 2021, 09:49:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you link me ? Sounds interesting

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-clown-and-the-candyman/id1540131474

I also think anything taken from John Wayne Gacy's mouth should obviously be taken with a humongous grain of salt, but both cases proximity to well known and connected pedophiles in their areas is really frightening

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: April 05, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
New episode of Vert Button is on Mouse with Ryan Lay guesting
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mouse/id1541954065?i=1000515679330

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »

Just discovered this one. First season is about 10 hours of interviews with Prince Paul. Current season is with El-P.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
I know when I see Childhood post in the podcast thread it's gonna be fire.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »
I’ve been listening to micro spy and 100 words or less.

Very similar to turned out a punk, but a bit better in my opinion because they go with slightly more niche bands. But I just think it’s really sick to listen to interviews with the dudes from reversal of man, orchid, and bands like that.

Micro spy is hosted by Eric Ratensperger, the drummer of jeromes dream.

100 words or less is hosted by Ray Harkins from Taken.

These two podcasts are what got me on the train to start a podcast of my own.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
I listen to Turned Out a Punk sometimes when it's with a guest I'm interested in, and Damian seems chill and knows looooads about punk, so the interviews are usually interesting, but something about the packaging of the podcast always rubs me the wrong way... The thumbnail, the intro song, the intro monologue. Everything up to "do you remember the first time you were exposed to the genre?" is really cringey. I think years of listening to cum town with no intro and none of the pleasantries has kind of tainted any podcasts that are trying to take it seriously, or whatever.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2021, 12:21:12 PM »
If any of you guys are super into dad WWII history still, Dan Carlin just dropped the final part of Supernova in the East. I'm finally finishing it up today. 6 hours about the endgame of the Pacific island hopping campaign.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
I been frequenting steebee weebee’s podcast and the scissor bros… pretty funny. Steebee gets some pretty solid guests.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2021, 03:34:22 PM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2021, 04:38:08 PM »
I know when I see Childhood post in the podcast thread it's gonna be fire.

Same with the Last Good Movie You Saw thread… childhood always posting great films…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

star puppy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2021, 06:05:08 PM »
i like..

g!
.. i dream of Marley.. - Candy

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2021, 09:55:17 AM »
Yo dale I’ve got to give you a lot of credit. You have impeccable taste in podcasts. I had never heard of QAA or the clown and the candyman so I started listening to them both this week…

Absolutely addicted to both of them.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2021, 11:44:01 AM »
Yo dale I’ve got to give you a lot of credit. You have impeccable taste in podcasts. I had never heard of QAA or the clown and the candyman so I started listening to them both this week…

I'm a pod addict, i listen all day at work. Want some more suggestions? I listen to a million

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2021, 01:03:02 AM »
For fans of stuff like Cumtown (which I like, but it's a bit much at times), Scott Aukerman might be a little too wholesome and corny, but I think the guy is a genius...

and his magnum opus is:

U Talkin' U2 to Me?

Other hits include:

Analyze Phish (with Harris Wittels)
Comedy Bang Bang
We Have to Stop Talking About TMNT on CBB (Patreon subscription)
His guest appearances on Doughboys, How Did This Get Made?, etc are also great.

I used to listen to How Did This Get Made?, Doughboys, and With Gourley and Rust, but they've all been too shook since #metoo and while other pods have been able to respect humanity without losing their humor, these 3 have sadly become too soft.

I hope Bonanas for Bonanza comes back. That show is hilarious and so fucking absurd in it's subject matter. All of Andy Daly's characters are incredible, and Dalton Wilcox might be his best. Although, Hot Dog the ShaNaNa-obsessed professional waterskiier might be tied for the top spot.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2021, 03:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm a pod addict, i listen all day at work. Want some more suggestions? I listen to a million

Fuck yeah I want some suggestions, that’s what Lee’s me awake at work.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2021, 11:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fuck yeah I want some suggestions, that’s what Lee’s me awake at work.

I mean there's obviously all the chapoverse pods (people who have guested on chapo or have had one of the hosts on their show): E1, trashfuture, street fight, boonta vista, yeah but still, and introducing, blowback, trillbilly workers party, time for my stories, bad faith, what a hell of a way to die, seeking derangements, trueanon, kill James bond, bottlemen, champagne sharks, etc...

I listen to a bunch of basketball and sports podcasts like the distraction (drew magary and David Roth formerly of deadspin, now on defector) pod don't lie, air buds, bootleg football, Jack slack podcast (mma), no dunks (formerly the starters on nbatv), pardon my take, the athletic nba show, death at the wing, lowe post, edge of sports w Dave zirin

Then there's a few history podcasts i love like hi101, hardcore history, in our time, lions led by donkeys, no dogs in space, you must remember this

And finally if you're into poking fun at shitty Christian pop culture, good Christian fun is excellent

Also i obviously don't listen to every episode these podcasts put out, that would be impossible, but i try and keep up with the good stuff

Pudd

• Rep: 4
« Reply #357 on: June 16, 2021, 11:59:08 PM »
Matt and Shane's Secret Podcast is pretty funny and has a good amount of episodes

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2021, 03:48:19 AM »
I know this is a hot take but I’m not particularly invested or enthused with the whole chapoverse.

That being said I really want to check out trueanon, that seems pretty cool. Shit, the more I look into the more it seems like the majority of those podcasts mentioned by the intimidator dale senior seem like they’d be solid. I like the idea of trillbilly workers party especially. That shit sounds rad as hell.

No dogs and hardcore history are two of my favorite podcasts of all time though.

Also, I noticed it’s going down mentioned a few times so I figured I mention a few others that are pretty great that are part of the same collective, Channel Zero Anarchist Podcast Network, or closely related to it:

Burning Cop Car: short run but features a lot of great music influenced by or directly related to the radical left.

Marooncast: Black radical podcast hosted by two anarchists who give a solid political analysis through the lens of a sick blend of southern, queer, anti-colonialism.

Coffee with Comrades: A platform for leftists to just bullshit and have fun, not focused or limited to a specific tendency but also avoids the petty sectarian differences. Focused on having fun with your comrades.

Rebel Steps: for those wanting to join the fight but aren’t sure how or where to begin.

Resonance: Basically a distro that provides and distributes Anarchist literature through the medium of what is essentially audiobooks. Incredibly helpful for those that want to becoming informed but don’t have the time to read through the tomes of literature out there.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »
Want to fill your day with two minute insights into bird species daubed in examples of their calls? The BBC radio 4 podcast "Tweet of the Day" is good shit and there are a ton of them.

I've also been listening to "Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe's Lockdown Parenting Hell". Two famous London-based British comedians compare their experiences with dealing with their young kids against those of a guest. It's funny and has made me more sympathetic towards those with wee nippers.