Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 46387 times)

Molte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2017, 03:28:36 AM »
Just found this one, and I can't wait to get to it.
https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/episode-71-in-and-out-of-love/
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »
^that podcast seems cool. my friend sent me this epi of it last week: https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/episode-20-nikko-concrete-commando/ - was a quick ten minute listen that had a lil bit of a twist at the end. pretty interesting

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2017, 05:50:19 PM »
There's a stance socks podcast w Erica Yary on....it's not bad....the recent Chris Cole one he talks about getting in fights.....

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
http://boogiemonster.libsyn.com/

I've been on a binge with this one. Kyle Kinane is one of my favorite comedians, he and Dave Stone (another great comic) discuss different conspiracies/cryptids. They are not professionals by any means on any of the topics (and usually just end up talking about fried chicken) but it's always interesting and really funny. It sounds like hanging out with two buddies talking about weird shit you read on the internet.

Seconded.

Bizarre States; discovered them, as they had Kyle Kinane & Dave Stone on as guests. Similar subject matter, a lot more structured. They also pepper in recent weird world news events and listener stories.

Lore is another podcast rooted in the supernatural, focusing largely on urban legends and the historical origins thereof. Be forewarned, many people can't get over the narrator/creators voice. If you dig it, the guy also has several books/audio books out there & a tv adaptation of his podcast on Amazon video.

The Todd Barry Podcast offers a similar conversational feel as the BMP but w/o the promise of the supernatural.

The Hound Tall with Moshe Kasher is a live show featuring one expert on a subject and a panel of comedians to punch it up.

Here We Are w/ Shane Mauss deals largely w/ brain science and psychedelics

To the guy who likes the Joe Rogan podcast but hates Joe Rogan, I'd say You Made it Weird is more what you're looking for than WTF, though both are good.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
I've been listening to Tim O'Connors podcast a bit lately. I love listening to members of the old Habitat team just shoot the shit and tell stories. He also interviewed the Gonz. http://jenkemmag.libsyn.com/

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »
I listen to the F'n Rad podcast which is snowboarding.....spittin chicklets which is a hockey one... Directors Cut= film.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2018, 08:36:50 AM »
cum town
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
Do You Know who Jason Segel Is? rules. It's two guys calling random businesses asking if they know who Jason Segel is along with a multitude of other dumb questions.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
Do You Know who Jason Segel Is? rules. It's two guys calling random businesses asking if they know who Jason Segel is along with a multitude of other dumb questions.

That's Brendon Walsh and Nick Thune, great comedians. I've been meaning to check it out, thanks for reminding me of that.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2018, 05:45:39 PM »
I've been listening to Tim O'Connors podcast a bit lately. I love listening to members of the old Habitat team just shoot the shit and tell stories. He also interviewed the Gonz. http://jenkemmag.libsyn.com/

The Fred Gall episodes are both super sick too, the editing and sound quality kind of sucks tho

Grind King Rims

« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2018, 04:38:50 AM »
I'm still using the link from the previous page to listen to old premium episodes of cum town. If anyone has a similar link for the premium episodes of chapo trap house, please let me know and let the gnars rain upon you.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2018, 05:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Fred Gall episodes are both super sick too, the editing and sound quality kind of sucks tho

Fred has some crazy stories for sure. Hope to see him on Nine Club someday.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2018, 06:31:36 AM »
The History of English by Kevin Stroud is really good so far. It’s linguistics mixed with history.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2018, 07:08:40 AM »
Comedy podcast anyone?

Crime in Sports and Small Town Murder is one of the best.

Timesuck is pretty good.

Been Listening to The Bodega Boys a lot lately too.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:47:05 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2018, 07:15:03 AM »
always liked this american life, haven't tried out serial yet but have heard nothing but good things about it

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2018, 09:55:01 AM »
First season of Serial is so fucking good. There's a reason everybody was obsessed with it when it first came out.

I didn't even get through the second Serial series though...True Detective level of quality drop-off between the premiere and sophomore seasons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/us/adnan-syed-serial.html
Adnan's getting a new trial soon. Even though I think he probably was involved in the murder in some way, his original trial did seem sketchy.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »
Season 1 of Serial was awesome. I went to a QNA with Adnan's lawyer several years ago which was super interesting too.

Been listening to Reveal by PRX a lot lately. The latest episode about Trump's Washington hotel and the Malaysia 1mdb scandal was a great listen.

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/checking-into-president-trumps-washington-dc-hotel/

Here Come The Lame Jets

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »
always liked this american life, haven't tried out serial yet but have heard nothing but good things about it

the first season of serial is good but "s-town" just takes takes the format to the next level.  i know that s-town could have never happened without serial but dear lord s-town is amazing. if you have not listened to s-town yet and you like TAL-- start s-town asap.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

aloftystandard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2018, 01:32:04 PM »
MINION DEATH CULT
A "political" podcast where they basically find insane facebook post and viral shit from gnarly right wing racist and make fun of them while also talking a bit of policy along the way. Taking on everyone from Ben Shapiro to your shitty uncle that is wont shut the fuck up about THE WALL. Its funny a bit crass at times but still insightful. Its topical but worth checking out some back episodes the black panther episode was great.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/minion-death-cult/id1314166800?mt=2

Sammich

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2018, 07:26:00 AM »
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

Saving me from work and commute boredom.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »
im glad you guys took my advice to listen to cum town its clearly bc im the alpha male of slap and you all can't help but follow suit my next command is i want one of you send in pics of your moms feet

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2018, 04:54:50 AM »
DVM is funny if you’re into very ny-specific comedy. And this was years before Vice so they were taking shots at everyone. Been done for while but the archive is there.
Bodega boys
Drink Champs with Noreaga
The champs rip but again archive exists.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2018, 05:51:01 AM »
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

I got into Last Podcast On The Left about a month ago and already nearly listened to all their episodes.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

• Rep: 6
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2018, 08:54:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

[close]

I got into Last Podcast On The Left about a month ago and already nearly listened to all their episodes.

Been listening to LPOTL for a while now. Fucking great content and very excited for the book. Anyone know of any other good occult podcasts that aren’t too serious/dumb?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »
marcus from LPOTL used to work at the record shop near my house, he was a pretty weird dude back then
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »
Visual Revolution has one with French Fred which is good....some other skaters in there too.

Sammich

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

[close]

[close]

Been listening to LPOTL for a while now. Fucking great content and very excited for the book. Anyone know of any other good occult podcasts that aren’t too serious/dumb?

I've been looking myself, but they all besides LPOTL take themselves too serious/lack comedy.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been looking myself, but they all besides LPOTL take themselves too serious/lack comedy.

I mentioned it earlier but has anyone tried crime in sports or small town murder. Really good mix of crime/comedy and consistently funny.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:00:47 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Sammich

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cum Town forever
The Dollop
Bodega Boys
Last Podcast On The Left
Chapo Trap House
99% Invisible
Your Mom's House
Ear Hustle
Here Be Monsters

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mentioned it earlier but has anyone tried crime in sports or small town murder. Really good mix of crime/comedy and consistently funny.

I'll definitely give those a listen, thanks man

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:13 PM »
Fancy Lad has a podcast, it's alright. Not that great, they mainly just interview friends so it's not exactly anything most people would care about unless you're a big Fancy Lad fan.

If you're a fan of video game music, Retro Game Audio is an AMAZING podcast. They dig deep and have lots of obscure gems to get acquainted with, I love it so much.