Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 46356 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: Podcasts
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2020, 04:09:08 AM »
Oh yeah, they mention BA cuz he's gay. That was a good episode. Jacques was so off the wall in that one it was fun, but in a lot of the episodes I'm listening to he's (presumably) sober and is a little annoying. He doesn't really read social cues and interrupts people before they're finished speaking, just to change the subject, usually to something about himself. I still like him though.

doctorkickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2020, 04:30:51 PM »
i listen to a lot of different podcasts at work but i believe cumtown and your kickstarter sucks are the only good ones in existence
Seconding YKS. Shit is so fucking funny. Rare case of the patreon episodes actually being even better than the normal pod.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2020, 03:38:57 AM »
This could be in Photos/Videos too. The Shalomies and ISuck at about 32 minutes

https://youtu.be/2q7L7q_0oPM

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2020, 03:42:46 AM »
Been a huge fan of the bodega boys since day one, definitely worth listening too.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Senrud

• Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2020, 10:43:34 PM »
I do a podcast with my buddy. our last one we talk about industry party in the action sports industry

https://soundcloud.com/parkinglotdrunk/action-sports-industry-parties-drinking-for-free

subscribe, like, and follow at #parkinglotdrunk

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2020, 07:17:17 AM »
cum town

Grind King Rims

« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »
And just like that, he's banned.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
Oh yeah, they mention BA cuz he's gay. That was a good episode. Jacques was so off the wall in that one it was fun, but in a lot of the episodes I'm listening to he's (presumably) sober and is a little annoying. He doesn't really read social cues and interrupts people before they're finished speaking, just to change the subject, usually to something about himself. I still like him though.

I've completely switched stance on Seeking Derangements. Jacques is a precious person who must be cherished. Ben is a bit too mean at times.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2020, 02:58:35 PM »
Robert Evans podcasts "Behind the Bastards" and "It Could Happen Here" are on point. They're through a leftist social/political lens. Evans is a journalist who worked in Syria during the war and has probably been out in Portland every night since shit started going down there as well. Behind the Bastards give run downs and commentary on folks/groups he considers Bastards. Behind the Police is an excellent 4 part example. It could happen here is a series that breaks down how civil unrest can lead to great conflict and widespread war, anywhere. It's dark but interesting.

"Hardcore History with Dan Carlin" has long episodes that are quite informative and interesting.

"Here and Now with Ram Dass" is wonderful as well when you want some calm and love.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »
Fraudsters is fucking great. Super fun deep dives into frauds and those who commit them.

Turned out a punk is also really good for those who are into punk, Damien from fucked up hosts it and interviews people who are into punk or were in the scene. He’s done some heavy hitters like Johnny marr from the smiths, and mike watt from the minutemen/firehose. But he’s also gotten people who were just into punk or in their scene, like Anthony bourdian (of blessed memory), drea de matteo, michael imperioli, talib kweli, and moby. I promise, this isn’t an advertisement, I just back it really fucking hard.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2020, 07:57:27 PM »
History hyenas, Tuesdays with stories.
Gentleman ninja warlock

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've completely switched stance on Seeking Derangements. Jacques is a precious person who must be cherished. Ben is a bit too mean at times.

I've still only listened to one episode of SD, and I mostly just know who Ben Mora is cause of when he got fired from the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Dasha really is dating Daniel Lopatin. They've been living together in Queens, and she directed the video for one of the singles off his new album.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
There's been a good few Dasha jokes on recent episodes of Cum Town. It's fun to be in the know about what they're talking about.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2020, 06:14:52 PM »
Robert Evans podcasts "Behind the Bastards" and "It Could Happen Here" are on point. They're through a leftist social/political lens. Evans is a journalist who worked in Syria during the war and has probably been out in Portland every night since shit started going down there as well. Behind the Bastards give run downs and commentary on folks/groups he considers Bastards. Behind the Police is an excellent 4 part example. It could happen here is a series that breaks down how civil unrest can lead to great conflict and widespread war, anywhere. It's dark but interesting.

"Hardcore History with Dan Carlin" has long episodes that are quite informative and interesting.

"Here and Now with Ram Dass" is wonderful as well when you want some calm and love.
Really dig Robert Evans podcast & feel like he really must be pretty disciplined to consistently write & put out content all the podcasts he’s on. The Elon Musk episodes on “Behind the Bastard” were some favorites.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really dig Robert Evans podcast & feel like he really must be pretty disciplined to consistently write & put out content all the podcasts he’s on. The Elon Musk episodes on “Behind the Bastard” were some favorites.

yeah, man. he is doing some good work, especially considering that he's been out in Portland every night. That Musk episode was pretty solid. The Golden Age of Terrorism is good too. School of the Americas episodes are legit as well
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »
Anyone know of any helpful personal finance podcasts? I would like to sprinkle that in to my rotation to hopefully get me to start thinking about my finances, which are a disaster zone.

Listened to a few episodes of Dave Ramsey but that dude is such a raging boomer that I have a hard time getting through it.

Edit:

My current heavy rotation are:

• Bret Easton Ellis
  • Mostly Skateboarding
  • Bunt
  • Conversations with Tyler (best convos about economics, culture, government, the future)
  • Old Norm McDonald Live episodes

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2020, 06:29:09 AM »
There's been a good few Dasha jokes on recent episodes of Cum Town. It's fun to be in the know about what they're talking about.

I've been super into OPN for years, so for me it's crazy like that they're dating now.

I've posted about it in here before, but the Blowback series about the Iraq war really is so good.
https://www.stitcher.com/show/blowback

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »
Anyone know of any helpful personal finance podcasts? I would like to sprinkle that in to my rotation to hopefully get me to start thinking about my finances, which are a disaster zone.

Mikey Taylor's got his own podcast by now surely
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2020, 02:35:41 PM »
I listened to cumtown for a few weeks but man those guys get fucking repetitive. I like listening to Nick Mullens perspective on life, social issues, et cetera. I don’t like the redundant gags.

I am running out of interesting things to listen to. I keep re-listening to episodes of Norm Macdonald Live on Mixcloud for laughs.

Ear Hustle is a good podcast about prison life.

Crimetown season 1 is a good podcast about the Mafia and politicians in Providence, RI (a lot of great accents).

Grind King Rims

« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
I still really like Citations Needed. Nima's smarmy laugh when he talks about conservatives is really annoying, but aside from that the show and the hosts are great. Some of the best leftist takes on media criticism and popular discourse.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2020, 06:25:01 AM »
Anna Khachiyan on Supreme

Trillbillies is super good, if you're into leftist podcasts
https://soundcloud.com/user-972848621-463073718
Kinda like Chapo (a couple of them actually guested on a recent episode), if they were poor and from Kentucky

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
The History of Rock music in 500 songs is up there with Hardcore History for greatest podcast ever.

https://www.500songs.com

Deeply researched and beautifully written. Every episode, including ones you wouldn't think you'd have any interest in whatsoever are fascinating.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
Anna Khachiyan on Supreme

Trillbillies is super good, if you're into leftist podcasts
https://soundcloud.com/user-972848621-463073718
Kinda like Chapo (a couple of them actually guested on a recent episode), if they were poor and from Kentucky

I heard the Trillbillies guys on Citations Needed a little while ago, they sounded good. I think I'll have to give it a go.

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2020, 11:26:29 AM »
Started a podcast a few weeks ago with my friend Tyler, mostly about skating but also just shooting the shit. It's on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, but I would recommend watching the video version if any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjEbnVY-LE

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:15 AM »
@Grind King Rims Did you see that Ben Mora and Glenn Greenwald have a new podcast together? They seem like kinda an odd couple, but it makes sense in some ways.

Vert Button is only a few episodes deep, but is pretty good. Each episode is a deep dive into a different skate video, so far it's been circa mid to late 90s ones. I'm kinda surprised the concept isn't ABD (I don't think so at least), since there's so many podcasts like that about traditional movies. They're a bit too soft on some skaters (they pull punches on Berra and Jeremy Klein, for example), but overall are decently critical.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vert-button/id1541954065

Grind King Rims

« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2021, 08:19:30 AM »
@childhood I did see that! I thought it was very unexpected, but it makes sense. I haven't listened to it yet, I'm suspecting it will have a lot to do with liberal censorship of the left, for obvious reasons pertaining to GG and Ben's pasts, and also criticism of the emerging Biden cabinet, for the same obvious reasons, hahaha. Have you listened to it yet?

I've started listening to Seeking Derrangements again. In a recent episode Ben and Max say that they get a lot of flack for being mean to Jacques, and it sounds like they've taken that on board (hesitantly).

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2021, 08:43:09 AM »
Nah I haven't listened to it. I think you have to subscribe to his SubStack (like OnlyFans for writing, I think) to hear it. Yeah, I also assumed it's gonna be largely about "cancel culture" from a leftist perspective, which seems like it could get old fast. I have mixed feelings about Greenwald anyway, he's done some incredible journalism, but also seems like a dumbass sometimes.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2021, 08:52:16 AM »
NYC Crime Report with pat dixon is funny if you like hearing about bugged out crimes in ny, present and past. pat can get annoying with his right leaning anti-mask shit but whatever i just like the stories, dont really care about politics at all. for the last 6 months hes had an ex nypd homicide detective just telling stories about trying to deal with crime in the late 70s/80s when the city was still on fire. pretty funny if youre into that kinda shit.

Angel and Z- 2 dudes who i beleive are actually from queens interviewing graffiti writers, 90s NYHC dudes, and some skateboarders. they are a bit younger probably early 20s but theyve been doing a really good job. clearly doing research before the guests arrive and just letting them tell their stories. def more on the graff side of things with interviews from dudes you wouldnt expect. but even if you dont write graffiti this is a good one if you just like hearing about pre 9/11 NYC. Start wth the Charlie Hustle BTM interview, coincidentally episode 1. guys a fuckin legend

talking sopranos- michael imperioli and steve schirippa interviewing cast and crew from the sopranos as well as going through the show chronologically and just shooting the shit about behind the scenes, inside jokes in episodes, and just telling funny stories. if youre into the sopranos but dont listen to this youre missing out. i believe theyre up to season 3 by now but i just listened to the Pine Barrens episode, good stuff.

bodega boys for sure.
complex sneakers podcast is basically full size run minus trinidad james yelling about who knows what. and more on some nerd shit where as FSR is for a broader audience.

old taxstone episodes.

free max b and free taxstone
FREE MAX B

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2021, 09:07:46 AM »
Smartless w/ Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes makes me laugh out loud every week.

Simple premise: Each week one of the three hosts books a guest but doesn't tell the other two who it is with the reveal at the start of the show. It's mainly Will Arnett making fun of everyone else.

We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2021, 12:23:19 PM »
Nah I haven't listened to it. I think you have to subscribe to his SubStack (like OnlyFans for writing, I think) to hear it. Yeah, I also assumed it's gonna be largely about "cancel culture" from a leftist perspective, which seems like it could get old fast. I have mixed feelings about Greenwald anyway, he's done some incredible journalism, but also seems like a dumbass sometimes.

Yeah, I agree. Obviously the Snowden stuff and his coverage of Bolsonaro too, but his leaving the Intercept was really weird.