Author Topic: Skaters with best/worst tattoos  (Read 69986 times)

Julz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Skaters with best/worst tattoos
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
And to think I used to have his tracker truck ad taped on my bedroom wall...

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »
i like crockett's tats, ave has some dope ones, also like dill's for some reason, dylan can pull them off, bobby worrest and BA of course, gravette, dollin

lizard king's are pretty dumb, figgy's sleeves are kinda gross but i guess that's what kids from suburbia have to do these days to get on baker, braydon went a little far with the face tat

jeff grosso's shitty tattoos are great, he acknowledges he was fried at the time, duane peters is in the same boat, they work

jason jessee has a cool sleeve

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
not sure how we got to the second page without mentioning dolan stearns...

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »
I Remember reading JCasanova got checked by someone for this tattoo at a contest, and was trying to square up with him.

Yu Dum

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 07:34:02 PM »
Everything Hoffart does feels super jockey...
His tattoos just take the cake.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Everything Hoffart does feels super jockey...
His tattoos just take the cake.

yea, hoffarts back tat looks like some kind of tapout or no fear T-shirt graphic.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »
Can't believe no one has posted this monstrosity on sheckler, this has got to be one of the worst tattoo's period.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

BraveUlysses*

• Rep: 4
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »
Surprised at the Gil hate haha. I've always considered him to have some of the best in skateboarding. His stuff is done well and he's chosen some pretty nice pieces. Idk maybe I'm biased. I have lots of traditional stuff and I've always loved the look of sleeves covered in flash like that. Plus I noticed he has some stuff from this sheet of Bert Grimm flash I really like.

Other than him my favorite stuff on skateboarders has honestly been in the tattoo thread here or on my friends. I've always felt common people a lot of times have better taste and make better decisions when it comes to tattoos compared to people with more disposable income. Sheckler's back tattoo is so fucking bad he's gotta be hating himself for that one. I remember when he first posted it on IG and had something in the caption of it along the lines of "don't talk shit" as if he already knew how bad it was hahaha.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:06:15 PM by BraveUlysses* »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »
Swankfuck, AVE, GIL -------------- Chaz Ortiz, Lizard King, Dyet ...Ill let you figure out who is who

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »
I feel like tattoos are a lot like skating now neither are really a subculture anymore. There is some really cool shit going on but you have to dig through loads of shite to get to the good stuff.

I know next to nothing about art or drawing so I almost feel like it is not my place to get one and contribute to the hundreds of other shit tattoos out there. If I had any real knowledge I may feel differently. I don't think the tattoo world needs more people who are not entrenched in the culture adding to it.

+1

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 11:22:17 PM »
Can't believe no one has posted this monstrosity on sheckler, this has got to be one of the worst tattoo's period.

Fucking hell, are those skateboards with angel wings? FUCK!

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
vov ah trampstamp is the best.
gilby and bobby also has cool stuff.
the street league guys have the worst. the better you are at skating contests the shittier tattoos you get.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 12:14:04 AM »
in 15 years time Gilbert Crocket is going to be viewed the same as those guys in 2000 that went and got a bunch of tribal tattoos done overnight. "Oh that's what the cool dudes are doing? I'll take 900, thanks."

BraveUlysses*

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2016, 12:50:39 AM »
in 15 years time Gilbert Crocket is going to be viewed the same as those guys in 2000 that went and got a bunch of tribal tattoos done overnight. "Oh that's what the cool dudes are doing? I'll take 900, thanks."
You couldn't be more wrong. Do you even know how long that style of tattooing has been around and maintained an audience? Traditional tattoos will likely die down in popularity but its stood the test of time and in the tattooing world it will always be respected.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:03:57 AM by BraveUlysses* »

nowell

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 01:12:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You couldn't be more wrong. Do you even know how long that style of tattooing has been around and maintained an audience? Traditional tattoos will likely die down in popularity but its stood the test of time and in the tattooing world it will always be respected.

So I guess what you're trying to say is that in 15 years time 1% of the population, people in the tattooing world, won't look at Gilbert Crocket as some douche that jumped on a bandwagon

BraveUlysses*

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 01:27:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

So I guess what you're trying to say is that in 15 years time 1% of the population, people in the tattooing world, won't look at Gilbert Crocket as some douche that jumped on a bandwagon
People have been walking around with traditional sleeves for decades this is nothing new. 15 years before now people were doing it and 15 years before then people were doing it and 15 years before that. Gil is one in a million.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:00 AM »

[/THREAD]

+ Nyjah's mum

also, no scott bourne hate please >:(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nowell

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 01:37:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
People have been walking around with traditional sleeves for decades this is nothing new. 15 years before now people were doing it and 15 years before then people were doing it and 15 years before that. Gil is one in a million.

One in a million morons that mindlessly picked out a bunch of Indians and birds off a wall because it's what everyone else was doing.

asakusa75

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 02:19:05 AM »
I Remember reading JCasanova got checked by someone for this tattoo at a contest, and was trying to square up with him.

Kenny Motherfucking Hughes is who it was.... pretty sure JCass escaped by the skin of his teeth that time.

What a fucking beast...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:24:35 AM by asakusa75 »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:00 AM »
Worst:
- Sammy Baca
- Jereme Rogers: seriously
- Figgy: they look really bad
- Antwuan Dixon: One can cross the border of "way too much"...
- Mike Plumb: seriously some of the worst stuff I've ever seen.
- Mike V: it's just a bunch of random stuff that doesn't mix together.
- Andy Roy: I really don't know where to start
- Jake Duncombe: I'm speechless...

Best:
- Gilbert Crockett. Looked at them individually they're done really well. He has one specific style and goes for the Sailor look. I like that.
- Jay Adams: ok, they look like absolute sh*t, but they look super dope on him. It just works.
- Daewon: people forget that he has A LOT of tattoos. Fits him quite well too.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 03:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

One in a million morons that mindlessly picked out a bunch of Indians and birds off a wall because it's what everyone else was doing.

Have to agree here , The classic american , sailor , Japanese , mauri and plenty of other styles ( in this case very classic ) have been around for so long now and pretty much will never go out of style

As for jumping on a bandwagon its not a new style . Kinda like calling somebody out for something people have been getting maybe 100 years now

Not sure why he is being called out , he picked a theme , a classic one and went full out on it . They are all well done by somebody who knows what he is doing .

Nowell you kind sound like those people who say shit like " you will regret it and it will look terrible when you are 100 years old "

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 03:15:22 AM »
Anyone who has bert grimm stuff is killing it.

Traditional tattoos age great, bob shaw as an example. Things blur and fade but that adds to the aesthetic. (Inks and aftercare have come a long way so doubt they'll be as blurred as that). My dad was in the navy and has loads of old navel tattoos done with the worst machines, you can barely make out some of them but they still look great.

BraveUlysses*

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 03:23:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Or maybe people choose that imagery because they genuinely like those images and want their own version of it. You sound like you just straight up don't like tattoos. If you like tattoos at all I'd really like for you to show a photo of one that you find aesthetically pleasing. You don't have to like/understand tattooing(you don't sound like you do if you think traditional stuff is comparable to tribal in any way) but tattooing is a culture just like skateboarding with even more history.

There's plenty that consider us(skaters) morons and think
what we're doing is mindless and there's plenty of bandwagoners and skateboarding could very well be considered lame to the same people it is now in 15 more years. It already isn't considered cool to the majority of people in the world but that shouldn't matter if you actually enjoy it. Those who love the culture will continue to love it(tattoing/skateboarding) and the bandwagoners will fade out. The consequences for the tattoo bandwagoners is just much worse than the skateboarding ones.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:43:40 AM by BraveUlysses* »

Triple Double

• Rep: -6
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 04:18:27 AM »
Pat Dandy

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 05:24:11 AM »
Hoffart oddly has a very clean tattoo but it just does;t work. I think guys shouldn't get butterflies in my opinion.

hahahahah holy shit, just cementing that this dude is the fucking corniest.  as if the crown on his arm wasn't bad enough...

off the top of my head -

Leticia - her Axl Rose tattoo is awful
Jared Lucas - has a fucking Element tattoo
Jim Greco's neck tattoo debacle is topic worthy
remember the rumor that Jamie Thomas had all his religious tattoos lasered off?

nowell

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 05:33:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Have to agree here , The classic american , sailor , Japanese , mauri and plenty of other styles ( in this case very classic ) have been around for so long now and pretty much will never go out of style

As for jumping on a bandwagon its not a new style . Kinda like calling somebody out for something people have been getting maybe 100 years now

Not sure why he is being called out , he picked a theme , a classic one and went full out on it . They are all well done by somebody who knows what he is doing .

Nowell you kind sound like those people who say shit like " you will regret it and it will look terrible when you are 100 years old "

Not really, I have a bunch of tattoos, a lot of my friends tell me they suck but I'm content with them. I'm not saying Crockett's ones are a new style, but one trip down some artfag's tumblr account will show you that they're definitely the hot style to get, much like tribal was the hot style to get 15 years ago. All i'm getting at is that Gilbert Crockett undeniably smothered himself in the most current and fashionable tattoos of today. No?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:36:29 AM by nowell »

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 05:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Hoffart oddly has a very clean tattoo but it just does;t work. I think guys shouldn't get butterflies in my opinion.

[close]

hahahahah holy shit, just cementing that this dude is the fucking corniest.  as if the crown on his arm wasn't bad enough...

off the top of my head -

Leticia - her Axl Rose tattoo is awful
Jared Lucas - has a fucking Element tattoo
Jim Greco's neck tattoo debacle is topic worthy
remember the rumor that Jamie Thomas had all his religious tattoos lasered off?

That seems to me like the typical So-cal bro tattoo, super cheesy!

I'd take Gilbert's anyday

My alcoholic friend got a terrible love heart tattoo with this chick called Chantell's name through. Inevitably, they spilt up a few months later and he got hammered and put a knife under the grill and burnt the fucker off. As bad as the scar is it is probably better than the tattoo.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 05:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote

Not sure if best or worst
[close]

Worst

It would be if he didn't actually defy death routinely

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 06:24:09 AM »
Pretty funny above, comment about jamie thomas getting his religious tattoos lasered off?

Greco's neck tats are pretty gone now too aren't they?

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 06:52:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Not sure if best or worst
[close]

Worst
[close]

It would be if he didn't actually defy death routinely

Think about having ONE gun pointed at your dick. IMAGINE TWO???