Author Topic: T Pud's Diamond Pro Shoe  (Read 3566 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
good come sausage

20matar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: T Pud's Diamond Pro Shoe
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
Looks really bland and uninspired. I'd never drop 75 bucks on them.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 01:49:26 PM »
they look like those generic shoes you find at ross that none buys, or those cheap sneakers in department stores.

BMCsteve

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
I can't imagine a more boring looking shoe.  there's absolutely nothing that would make me even consider purchasing them

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »
Reminds me of the Marc. Fools are just hating because it's Torey and Diamond. everyone rides shitty vulcs anyway and NOBODY liked that original shoe he had out on DVS...
you never know about pre-cum 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
Reminds me of the Converse Cvo model

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:51:09 PM by Silky Johnson »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:19 PM »
Looks good aside from the grip and colorways, really fucked up the bottoms!

BMCsteve

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »
no joke, my mom has a pair of Keds that look exactly like these

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 05:34:48 PM »
Reminds me of the Marc. Fools are just hating because it's Torey and Diamond. everyone rides shitty vulcs anyway and NOBODY liked that original shoe he had out on DVS...

cause it looks like every other damn vulc shoe out there! his first promodel on dvs was cool - the half cab looking one.. even the last one with the strap was a original design..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »
I can't imagine a more boring looking shoe

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BMCsteve

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
this is what a good looking shoe in that colorway looks like

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »

Yeah, huf been making some bland looking shoes and people praise them. Those look ok, nothing special, but nothing bad. If that first lace hole has a lace saver option it's a nice touch. �

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cause it looks like every other damn vulc shoe out there! his first promodel on dvs was cool - the half cab looking one.. even the last one with the strap was a original design..

That's what sells though. The second dvs shoe was probably a huuuuuge failure. It was pretty original, but every thought it was terrible looking.
Boring > terrible.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 06:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's what sells though. The second dvs shoe was probably a huuuuuge failure. It was pretty original, but every thought it was terrible looking.
Boring > terrible.

The fact that he was never seen skating his second pro model probably didn't help move units either (and his second DVS shoe looked exactly like a Tommy Sandoval Fallen model that came out 6 months before hand so definitely not that original).

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:07 AM »
It's way better then what I expected, laughing at all the hating comments, we get it, no one likes Torey Pudwell.

It's not half bad, it's hard to fuck up something so simple. I also think the color way is the best part.

The Lap Dancer

• Rep: -49
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 08:32:21 AM »
It's so sad skateboarding footwear standards are so low nowadays.
the lap dancer ...more like the slap cancer.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 09:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Boring > terrible.
[close]

The fact that he was never seen skating his second pro model probably didn't help move units either (and his second DVS shoe looked exactly like a Tommy Sandoval Fallen model that came out 6 months before hand so definitely not that original).
Alright, well I don't follow him or tommy close enough to know this. My point was this shoe is only getting shit on because it is Torey and Diamond. That's it. If this was a Marc Johnson Lakai model people would be be in to it.

coneklr

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »
Those look ok, nothing special, but nothing bad. If that first lace hole has a lace saver option it's a nice touch. �

Boring > terrible.

T-Pud aside, the shoe is fine.  It's nothing that will stand out, it also isn't a horrible vulc design.  I mean at least from the pic, it looks like the quality is good ( as in the construction, no glue and shit showing on the seems )  At this point I expect nothing original that doesn't come off as crazy from any skate shoe manufacturers.  Every company has a shoe that looks like every other company.  The whole market is pretty boring.  Even though there are a few shoes I love, I'm sure I could find the identical shoe from some other brand.

If they sent me a pair I'd skate it and probably think it was just fine, maybe even good as far as wear/comfort go ( especially if they have a good insole), but I couldn't see myself ever buying them, especially when I can get all the shoes I actually like for the same price or cheaper.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »
fuck it imma buy a pair of these just to try it out.  Cant hate until i try it besides, The same ones that shitted on this shoe was loving the gravis shoe that looks like this.  The materials look quality and the branding is extremely minimal so whats not to like

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:14:53 PM by Aatila »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 04:22:07 AM »
fuck it imma buy a pair of these just to try it out.  Cant hate until i try it besides, The same ones that shitted on this shoe was loving the gravis shoe that looks like this.  The materials look quality and the branding is extremely minimal so whats not to like

im hating on these and i was never a fan of any gravis shoes. over all i fucking HATE vulcanised shoes.. also are you really backing these?? there a rip-off of diamonds lifestyle line...

not that i'd ever buy diamond shoes but its  kinda lame to give torey a rushed, generic ass looking shoe

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 10:18:28 AM »

not that i'd ever buy diamond shoes but its  kinda lame to give torey a rushed, generic ass looking shoe

what a generic description for a shoe too. you think they'd want to hype on any tech that it has. looks like it's pretty cut & dry.
good come sausage

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im hating on these and i was never a fan of any gravis shoes. over all i fucking HATE vulcanised shoes.. also are you really backing these?? there a rip-off of diamonds lifestyle line...

i can care less but I'm just over this argument on shoes i know you are a cupsole guy so its not so directed towards you but just in general.  It looks no different than everything out there. maybe thats what he wanted?  He's tried every style in his last three shoes from a half cab rip off to a low pro shoe and a super tech one he tried all styles and got shitted on,basically i see it as an attack on torey.  Maybe the shoe don't perform well? maybe it does? but its just funny to me that the ones shitting on this shoe was the ones drooling over a super basic shoe in previous threads that look no different than this shoe.  Before i can say it sucks i gotta at least try em on and see

Jordick

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 02:47:23 PM »
I like Torey (you can't deny his talent and I think his style isn't bad at all), I liked his half cab looking shoe on DVS (the one without the strap), and I don't think there's anything wrong with this shoe either, but I'm a big fan of vans eras. I do think that he could've designed something cool and new, but it's diamond so fuck it. Hopefully Biebel's shoe will be better

Eric ricks

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 05:12:05 PM »
Its a clean shoe IMO.

Looks 5/10.

Would try though.

But it does look like id blow out a pair in a week ala sb koston 2s