Author Topic: get the fuck out of skateboarding  (Read 3609 times)

Won Love

get the fuck out of skateboarding
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »
if you dont support professional skateboarding  - then do us all a favour and fuck off

No one is saying you have to line the big boys pockets, Reynolds doesnt need your money,

what about the little guys - the small brands that put money back into skating too? The Beer Citys of this world?

Are you going to post on the Slap forums that Julien Stranger isnt worth supporting? Try telling that to Mic E Reyes,

Half of you have only just discovered what IASC is -

take your blanks and your micro scene based around your curb and fuck off, so the rest of us can enjoy continuing to be inspired by great pro skaters, as we have all done from day 1

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: get the fuck out of skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:19:51 AM »
Fake account. Come on you canīt be serious, you just want to do a mediate-thread-revival. But if you are serious you obviously didnīt read the other threads on the topic. Because your arguments have already been killed to the extend.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

headache

• Rep: -5
  • SHUTTHEFUCKUP!
    • Three stripe hype avatar image
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 03:08:36 AM »
Here's a quesiton for ya. How 'professional' has professional skateboarding become? Maybe too professional, maybe not professional enough. If you forget the past you will ruin the future. The old learning from the new and the new relearning from the old. I think the obvious problem is that its clear to kids that just because a guy has his name on a skateboard deck it doesn't make him a professional skateboarder.
Point another finger at the industry. Water anyting down to where it demands little respect and thats what it will get. Little or no respect.
Whose fault is it that the term demands such little respect? It definitely used to, then it didn't mean shit in the early 90s and companies didn't learn a thing from that whole episode. They just lined up and followed each other into the small wheels pressure flip hole. Looks like they've lined up again and there getting the same results just with bigger wheels this time and tighter pants.
Forget the past and you are damned to relive the past. Skateboarding just cant seem to learn it's lesson about getting too big for its britches and as a result it shoots itself in the foot.
A dingo hyena ate my baby.

Won Love

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:18:38 AM »
I agree with you - there are too many pros and not enough companies doing enough to make skateboarding exciting.
thats' where the freedom of choice comes in - support who YOU want to, right?

Burgalveist

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:25:19 AM »
I agree with you - there are too many pros and not enough companies doing enough to make skateboarding exciting.
thats' where the freedom of choice comes in - support who YOU want to, right?
And what if I want to support my local shop?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:28:31 AM »
here we go again

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:31:50 AM »
I would rather skate than watch videos with pro skaters in them, and I don't care if a professional skateboard company goes out of business. The pro skaters will probably have to get a job, just like all the other normal people that skateboard.

I'm not going to spend an extra 50 bucks (thats how much more it costs where i live) just to pay a professional skate company and the skateboarders in it. They can get a job like everyone else if they want more money.

"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:17:09 AM »

I just discovered how lame it is...

How about you assholes work on getting insurance for your beloved pros instead of spending all your time insulting the skateboard community.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 04:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just discovered how lame it is...

How about you assholes work on getting insurance for your beloved pros instead of spending all your time insulting the skateboard community.
buying way too many blank/shop decks for that to happen...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 05:43:50 AM »
I WON'T STOP UNTIL EVERY PRO IS FORCED TO GET A JOB

skatemore,man

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »
jesus christ. buy the board you can afford. The cheapest i ever remember pro decks at a shop in the new england area was $50 w.grip-it's still the same 9 years later, the shop i worked in was getting them at like $35/per. You know what, this industry like any other has it's high points and low points. Am i sick and tired of a great portion of Skateboarding catering to little bitch ass motherfuckers and their parents driving suburbans? yes, but i'm not going to let it get in the way of the enjoyment derived from skating. IF you've got a problem don't go to skateparks, don't wear skate related clothes, i'm not tryin to tell anyone how to live, but just fucking skate for your own sake.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 09:08:33 AM »
take your blanks and your micro scene based around your curb and fuck off

Make me.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »
I would rather skate than watch videos with pro skaters in them, and I don't care if a professional skateboard company goes out of business. The pro skaters will probably have to get a job, just like all the other normal people that skateboard.

I'm not going to spend an extra 50 bucks (thats how much more it costs where i live) just to pay a professional skate company and the skateboarders in it. They can get a job like everyone else if they want more money.

I'm not siding with ya but feel ya in a way. Prices for boards are ridicuous! I think some of these companies are just gonna have to face the loss and take in less. I'm sure they were happy about being "semi-huge".

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
lol i missed something, so is there like a war between slap posters and the industry over blank boards?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Won Love

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
lol i missed something, so is there like a war between slap posters and the industry over blank boards?

i dont understand it either, most of the beef here is aimed at bigger companies that the posters here cant stand for whatever reason, which is fine

the point is support the brand you like  - even if theyre tiny AS LONG as they are putting soemthing back into skating -

if you dont like Flip, Element, Dwindle etc whatever, dont buy it  -
go buy a Traffic or Heroin board instead

brands have to make their boards cheaper, so the distributors and shops can sell them cheaper, so skaters arent forced to buy blanks, which they do mainly due to price

the whole chain has to work harder to give skaters a better price on decks - no matter what brand it is

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 11:52:29 AM »
and what if the company you choose to support is your local shop who is putting the most back into the skating that you are involved in?

shop decks are the bread and butter of my local shop and I know that for these smaller shops, they need that extra margin that a shop board provides just as badly as all the local skate rats need cheaper boards to just be able to skate.

How the fuck are you guys going to expect us to turn our backs on the shops when you guys are being more supportive of the chain stores. Like Jamie Thomas with his new policy, it totally favors chain stores who are putting the real shops out of business. Zummies, CCS and all those type shops are doing more to destroy the parts of skating I care about than shops with their shop decks.

I would hate to think that the next generation of skaters are going to miss out on the real shop experience. That would be much worse than having less pros in my book.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 12:02:46 PM »
and what if the company you choose to support is your local shop who is putting the most back into the skating that you are involved in?

shop decks are the bread and butter of my local shop and I know that for these smaller shops, they need that extra margin that a shop board provides just as badly as all the local skate rats need cheaper boards to just be able to skate.

How the fuck are you guys going to expect us to turn our backs on the shops when you guys are being more supportive of the chain stores. Like Jamie Thomas with his new policy, it totally favors chain stores who are putting the real shops out of business. Zummies, CCS and all those type shops are doing more to destroy the parts of skating I care about than shops with their shop decks.

I would hate to think that the next generation of skaters are going to miss out on the real shop experience. That would be much worse than having less pros in my book.
i agree alot with this, if the kids today coming up knew what it was like in the 90's they'd know who to support, instead they have this big orange couch with a nintendo in front of it to warship, come play videos games here instead of skateing, come buy the 1st season of Viva la Bam instead of going toa real shop and buying a good video like "Via" lets all buy 2 color boards made in china and mexico because the kid in are school who pushes mongo can do a kickflip and hes making a skate team i might be able to be a part of.  ask the girl in the bathing suit section of your corporate lifestyle shop to grip your board and see what happens to it, don't forget to tell them your "sales representatives name so they can get an extra discount on the PBR hat, with the matching belt buckle and there rad new flip flops.....Fuck your corporations, this country and more importantly this INDUSTRY were founded and supported by SMALL business, not MALL business we should keep it that way.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

jrock

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »
if you dont support professional skateboarding  - then do us all a favour and fuck off

No one is saying you have to line the big boys pockets, Reynolds doesnt need your money,

what about the little guys - the small brands that put money back into skating too? The Beer Citys of this world?

are you fucking kidding?   the Beer City's of this world? 

BEER CITY MAKES FUCKING BLANKS YOU IDIOT!!!

as a matter of fact, thats all they made for years until they started doing graphics a few years ago.  They also originally catered to their own "micro scene". 

Skateboarding has become McDonalds...fuck the little guy while you help the giant...this whole thing makes my head hurt

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »
fake account stop shitting your pants

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
come buy the 1st season of Viva la Bam instead of going toa real shop and buying a good video like "Via"
Surely you have a better example than that cellar-door ridden piece of shit, Via.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
come buy the 1st season of Viva la Bam instead of going toa real shop and buying a good video like "Via"
[close]
Surely you have a better example than that cellar-door ridden piece of shit, Via.
sorry it was the last video i watched and was in my head, you get the point
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

89-90pistons

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
fuck off. You don't hear Ricky O crying about blank decks.

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 03:16:14 PM »
as has been said in every other thread ever, let this end the argument forever here and now:

Fuck you, it is my money, i shall spend it where i want. it is not your money, and you have no right to it.

that was so important i made a big space. thats it. its over. lets talk about something else.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 04:06:21 PM »
you think some guy on a message board named Won Love is going to change anyones board buying patterns? i dont think so. i have bought shop boards for the last 5 years because there cheap. the industry strives off the majority of skaters who are some jr high schoolers who keep almost in buisness, not the 5% that go on slap and talk about sucking there own dicks. easy up rudeboy, theres not gonna be some skateboard revolution
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »
as has been said in every other thread ever, let this end the argument forever here and now:

Fuck you, it is my money, i shall spend it where i want. it is not your money, and you have no right to it.

that was so important i made a big space. thats it. its over. lets talk about something else.

it's not so much that they want to tell you what to buy, it's that they want to control what your shop can sell you

nyctmia

• Rep: 0
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »
ANY OF YOU WHO SERIOUSLY SAY I WONT BUY  A BOARD UNTIL EVERY PRO HAS A JOB CANT EXCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO MAKE A LIVING FROM SKATEBOARDING,

INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING GO GET GOOD AT SKATING AND BECOME PRO AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL WHEN BOARD SALES ARE DOWN, EVERY ONE HERE IS TALKING ABOUT HOW THE INDUSTRY IS WACK, BUT WITH NO MONEYS ITS JUST GOING TO GO AWAY.

NO MORE VIDS TO GET PSHYCED ON

NO MORE SKATESHOPS TO EVEN BUY BLANK DECKS

SKATEPARKS WILL BE TORN DOWN

IF YOU GOT THE MONEY SUPPORT A SLATEBOARDER YOU LLIKE!

OR ELSE YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET YOUR SELF A VARSITY JACKED AND BE ONE OF THE KIDS WHO SAYS LET ME SEE YOUR BOARD I USED TO BE ABLE TO KICKFLIP.

ChoppaTime

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
fuck anyone who tells you what to buy. buy what you want and skate.

onlysometimes

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
So if i dont by more pro skateboards my skateboard will disappear!!! oh man gotta but gotta buy!

ISMOS: I support my own shit.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like a tautology to me

and we have a winner!

or at least someone that thinks before they speak.

Anita Cig

• C-SPAN...because the more you know... avatar image
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
Like Jamie Thomas with his new policy, it totally favors chain stores who are putting the real shops out of business.
Could you elaborate or link? I haven't heard anything about this.
Freeze...don't move...you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life.