Author Topic: BATMAN V SUPERMAN  (Read 3126 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why is batman such a jerk anyways?
[close]

Darkness.  No parents.
[close]

No excuse.  Superman lost his parents too remember...and his whole cussin' planet for that matter...but he's not sulking.  
[close]
Superman had loving foster parents that seemed to give him unconditional love like a son of their own.  Bruce Wayne got Alfred.
[close]

who waited on him hand'n'foot ... and a mansion and every privilege, including hosting parties whose invite list includes Darly Hannah  

while superman was helping out with his farm chores.

re-enactment

Alfred is no parent. If you look at it a different way, Batman is almost a benevolent vigilante dictator in a city that just coincidentally has a bunch of super criminals.  If there weren't those super criminals, would he just bully the petty offenders like spiderman does when he started out?

Alfred is to the fake monkey with the food in this experiment except Bruce isn't offered an alternative cloth monkey as a surrogate for his parents.

Alfred may take care of basic needs, but that is just about it.  All Bruce would want to buy with his entire inheritance is his parents back (at least that is what I would be thinking as a child with all of that money).  At the time of Batman's creation, the psychoanalytical theories from Freud were still in its relative infancy of acceptance and child psychology wasn't a thing at all.  So, Bruce had no social worker/psychiatrist or any mental support system after experiencing this extreme trauma and the resulting PTSD.

Batman comes from a deep dark place inside because there is only a vacuum where there should be the love.  His entire being is the size of a bat with the entirety of a cave within.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 08:58:17 AM »
Also, let us not forget that Kim Basinger and Daryl Hannah are two different people.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 09:41:02 AM »
yeah, like i said, Kim Bassinger
hardly art, hardly starving

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Darkness.  No parents.

i think i'm the only person that understood this

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 10:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Darkness.  No parents.
[close]

i think i'm the only person that understood this

CONTINUED DARKNESS   
hardly art, hardly starving

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 06:19:23 PM »
Not crazy hyped about it. Will probably see it.

Batfleck gets a bad rap, and Jesse Eisenberg is good in anything. Definitely got a good vibe from the scene in the trailer with him, Kent and Bruce at the party.

What totally killed it for me is the trailer where Superman *****SPOILER***** pulls off Batman's mask. Can we have just one scene, please?

Star Wars' marketing killed it. Gave everyone exactly what they needed. Nothing else.

This one's blowing it.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 05:04:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Darkness.  No parents.
[close]

No excuse.  Superman lost his parents too remember...and his whole cussin' planet for that matter...but he's not sulking.  
[close]
Superman had loving foster parents that seemed to give him unconditional love like a son of their own.  Bruce Wayne got Alfred.
[close]

who waited on him hand'n'foot ... and a mansion and every privilege, including hosting parties whose invite list includes Darly Hannah  

while superman was helping out with his farm chores.

re-enactment

[close]
Alfred is no parent. If you look at it a different way, Batman is almost a benevolent vigilante dictator in a city that just coincidentally has a bunch of super criminals.  If there weren't those super criminals, would he just bully the petty offenders like spiderman does when he started out?

Alfred is to the fake monkey with the food in this experiment except Bruce isn't offered an alternative cloth monkey as a surrogate for his parents.

Alfred may take care of basic needs, but that is just about it.  All Bruce would want to buy with his entire inheritance is his parents back (at least that is what I would be thinking as a child with all of that money).  At the time of Batman's creation, the psychoanalytical theories from Freud were still in its relative infancy of acceptance and child psychology wasn't a thing at all.  So, Bruce had no social worker/psychiatrist or any mental support system after experiencing this extreme trauma and the resulting PTSD.

Batman comes from a deep dark place inside because there is only a vacuum where there should be the love.  His entire being is the size of a bat with the entirety of a cave within.

Pretty sure it is accepted that Bruce was a repressed homosexual and years of swinging about oggling the boy wonder's green figure hugging Lycra pants and pert cheeks drove him into a dark place.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 01:24:14 AM »
Alright I know y'all have seen it. (Or about to see it)

I will not spoil anything in case anyone  who haven’t seen the flick see this post. I saw it first on a early fan screening through IMAX so my final reservations about the film should not count. Watching this movie in IMAX is one hell of an experience that you all should check out. Zach Snyder is one hell of a visual storyteller and I’ll give you that. Literally every pivotal scene was straight out of the pages of a comic book. Enough of the IMAX experience, now let’s talk about the 2nd time watching it. Still blown away by the sheer epicness of the film! Honestly, I’m writing this as a means to defend the film from the excessively negative reviews it has been getting but I will get to that. Just like what Lex Luthor said in the trailer about thoughts too big for little minds, this movie is too big for little minds.

There are several things I would like to address. First of, Ben Affleck is the arguably the best live-action version of Batman I have ever seen. Sure, some of you are rolling your eyes right now because you have the horrible taste in your mouth that Daredevil left years ago, or the incessant worship of Christian Bale’s “real” Batman, but Affleck DID NOT DISAPPOINT, in fact he far exceeded my expectations. Keep in mind; this film’s version of Batman is aged and “battle-worn”, analogous to Ben Affleck’s long career in Hollywood. He’s definitely an actor who got better as he aged. This Batman is the Batman that Frank Miller (when you think of famous Batman writers, you think of this guy) famously paved the way for years to come. Before the late 1980’s, Batman was a very campy character who you could not really take seriously then Frank Miller and Alan Moore came into the picture around the late 80’s and made Batman into the bad-fucking-ass Batman we all know and love. He is the Batman who’s been through it all, endless emotional and physical torture, that I wanted to see in the movie. So BRAVO Warner Bros and Snyder’s team.

Second, many reviews are saying how serious this movie was, well no shit it's serious! This is not a Marvel movie, I repeat for god’s sake; it is NOT a Marvel movie. Disney/Marvel has generously given us incredible superhero movies that definitely paved the way for a cinematic universe but Batman V. Superman is not a light-hearted movie. It shouldn't be! You cannot compare this movie to a Marvel movie; they are two different worlds despite sharing the same medium. DC has always been the more adult-themed, darker company especially in their storylines. This movie brings absolute justice (pun freaking intended) to the tone of many DC comics and again as a long time comic book enthusiast, dark and gritty is what I want from a DC movie.

Now, this wouldn’t be a fair “review” of some sorts if I didn’t have anything remotely negative to say about it right? The only thing I could really knock a point off the movie is its pacing issue.  In many of the negative reviews you see on the Internet about this movie is the fact that the movie was crammed with so many things. This is true, but there is a reason. Mildly apologizing for this upcoming condescending statement, but for once you may actually have to pay attention and actually think about the movie you are watching.  Sure, it’s a superhero movie and it’s just your “run of the mill” summer popcorn flick. Undeniably true to average movie-goers but not to viewers who have some sort of personal attachment to these comic book properties, whether being a comic book fan, a fan of the character, a fan of the video games, a fan of the nerd culture, etc. Some parts may seem a little glossed over, but that's probably because doing so shouldn't be a problem. The story was definitely mind-blowing.

The Director’s Cut has already been announced and said to be around 3 hours (Snyder has a thing with long movies), I’d guarantee it those issues that were presented in the movie would be fleshed out even more.  But alas, you are in the theater and you just want to watch Batman and Superman in the big screen, enough talk with this director’s cut blah blah, yes I get you. But please, pay attention to the movie. DC is trying to build their cinematic universe for us to enjoy over the years and they truly did the best they could. For the amount of material they put in this movie, they did a terrific job on making it all coherent in the end. I’d like to see these “critical reviewers” try their hand in creating a cinematic universe. Oh? “Batman V Superman is problematic and crammed up with too many storylines”? Avengers: Age of Ultron suffered the same fate, if not worse. But yet, no excessive hostility towards that problematic movie because it’s a Marvel film. Hmm.

Ending this rant soon.  This movie is currently standing at a 31% on Rotten Tomatoes...meanwhile Sharknado stands at an 82%... do I need to say anything else? If you have to base your movie experience through a critic’s eye, you will never truly enjoy (or dislike) that movie you are watching. If you’re a fan of the DC characters, do not pay attention to the negative reviews. If you’re a casual moviegoer, do not pay attention to the negative reviews. If you’re a Marvel fan, do not blah blah you get the point. Keep an open mind and do not get caught up in preconceived notions of what a superhero movie should be. You can’t judge something you don’t know about.

It really makes me sad to see how unappreciative and toxic moviegoers can be these days. If the movie isn't an action packed comedy with bright colors and spells everything about the plot out for you, then people seemingly go out of their way to trash the movie. This is not an attack against Marvel, just to let you all know. I am equally a Marvel fan as I am a DC fan. In the multiple times I’ve seen the movie, literally everyone was cheering and having a great time. I don’t see where the negativity suddenly sprouted. This movie is not the perfect movie, but in my honest opinion, it is arguably the best superhero film I have ever seen thus far and I am forever grateful to have seen this on the big screen.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 05:01:10 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

I'm a HUGE superman fan, Christopher was and always will be my favorite superman, but I must say Henry is a badass superman. i really love how serious he it portrays.

I was REALLY sceptic about the batman played by Ben Afleck... But he nailed it in my opinion. He portrayed the later comic/cartoon series batman and even looked like that version of that batman!

The general vibe of the movie is super dark, and Im glad they didn't go the whole marvel route which is good, becsuse those are actually kids comedies...

dc movies are way heavier and more serious, man of steel also got a lot of criticism but i loved  it.

The only thing I would love to have seen different was the character delevelopmentbof batman... That Was lacking.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2016, 02:15:46 PM »
to me its a good movie and a bad movie that got mixed together. there was so much that was right, and alot that was far from it. one of the worst and heaviest handed feeling parts was lex luthors "creative suit" styled logos for certain people. (trying not to say too much)

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 03:47:55 PM »

somedudefromnj

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »
after watching this i had the same feeling as when i left the green lantern movie

S.E.

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
after watching this i had the same feeling as when i left the green lantern movie

oh come on

shit_for_brains

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 11:30:34 AM »
In the warehouse fight, a guy walks up and shoots Batman point blank twice in the head and Batman barely even notices it. It's not even treated as a special thing on screen. This version of Batman has had that happen so many times over the past two decades that it doesn't register anymore. I'd have to go to therapy for the rest of my life.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 03:26:03 PM »
I thought it was great.  Sure it has some flaws, but I wasn't disappointed.  Affleck is definitely the best Batman/Bruce Wayne to date.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »
Affleck is definitely the best Batman/Bruce Wayne to date.

I've heard that a few times now and was a bit surprised (and I like Affleck). I wasn't too interested in seeing this a few weeks ago but think I'm going to check it out this week.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 02:34:17 AM »
i thought it was all eye-rolling, corny shit.  Affleck was fine, but the material he was given wasn't. 

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »
Too many ideas, but not enough time to develop or follow up, so between all the good stuff (and there's a lot of good stuff in this movie), I'm wondering "what was the purpose of that (dream)?" or "what about that (Clark and Lois's relationship)?"

DC wants to rush their universe, and the result is bloated, disjointed movies. They should take their time and make quality, coherent films.  Be more like Marvel, less like Transformers.