Author Topic: converse and footshape.  (Read 5634 times)

Such

converse and footshape.
« on: April 03, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
okay so ive asked this like 10 times but nobodys answered yet.

i really wanna skate cons but my feet are pretty wide. lets take chucks for an example. for those of you who skate them:

do you have super skinny feet?
do you skate them without your toes reaching the end of the shoe?
or do you endure the pain of having your feet squished?

thanks.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: converse and footshape.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »
I bought a pair of cons pappalardo's last week and my thoughts on any vulc cons are those: True to size they are huge. Half a size down you get a shoe that is comfy on the sides but is too big lenght wise. With 1 size down you get a shoe that is the right lenght but kinda crush your Pinky toe. I got 1 size down. I rather break in them than have a shoe with too much space on the front. 40 sec on the microwave and they feel a lot better. If they are suede they'll stretch a lot with time too. If you have a feet that wide i think you should go with half a size down.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »
i would say that i do not have wide feet at all and i got the ctas skate shoes/ skate chucks. fit really good length wise but still are too wide to satisfy my needs in a shoe! if they were narrow as the non skate chuck taylors that would be all i skated!

Such

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »
i would say that i do not have wide feet at all and i got the ctas skate shoes/ skate chucks. fit really good length wise but still are too wide to satisfy my needs in a shoe! if they were narrow as the non skate chuck taylors that would be all i skated!

you have extremely narrow feet then.

Such

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
I bought a pair of cons pappalardo's last week and my thoughts on any vulc cons are those: True to size they are huge. Half a size down you get a shoe that is comfy on the sides but is too big lenght wise. With 1 size down you get a shoe that is the right lenght but kinda crush your Pinky toe. I got 1 size down. I rather break in them than have a shoe with too much space on the front. 40 sec on the microwave and they feel a lot better. If they are suede they'll stretch a lot with time too. If you have a feet that wide i think you should go with half a size down.

but ctas have a rubber toe so they wont stretch?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
I have suede star players with lunarlon. Half size down and I have wide feet. My toes do not touch the end of the shoe, since you're not supposed to buy shoes like that.

And where do you live where you can't go try on arguably the most popular and easily accessible shoe on the planet?
you never know about pre-cum 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »
I had those manderson star players and got half size down.....still felt wide....I have skinny feet...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

but ctas have a rubber toe so they wont stretch?

The ones with the rubber toe may not stretch on the toes but the whole shoe stretches. Star players have padding too so they should be a little tighter than a CTAS that have no padding. Star players may feel better half size down, i cant remember the ones i tried... Just go to a store and try a regular chuck, they arent that different fit wise from the skate ones.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Such

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
I have suede star players with lunarlon. Half size down and I have wide feet. My toes do not touch the end of the shoe, since you're not supposed to buy shoes like that.

And where do you live where you can't go try on arguably the most popular and easily accessible shoe on the planet?

i cant skate if my toes dont reach the end, i feels like im wearing clown shoes. messes with my flick. or maybe its just in my head. i want to just try some and see how it goes but im in Norway man. shit selection. normal chucks have a different fit right?

Such

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »
How do you guys feel about wiggle room in the toe box? i cant stand anymore than a 5mm distance from the toe of the shoe to my longest toe.
[/quote]

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 04:41:51 PM »
Skate what works, not what's trendy.

Such

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »

they look like they last forever though. also this goes for pretty much all cons models.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 05:58:37 PM »
my feet are fairly wide, not huge but bigger that normal. CTAS PRO, Weapons, and the pro leathers all worked for me.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
I get a full size down for og chucks and they fit perfectly, and my feet are wide as fuck. They stretch out with your feet on the sides, if that makes sense.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
I've had a couple Cons where I went a half size down and they made my arches hurt every time I wore them. Weapons are wide. I always get 11 no matter what shoe brand now. Never had a problem with an 11 being too big.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Such

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »
I get a full size down for og chucks and they fit perfectly, and my feet are wide as fuck. They stretch out with your feet on the sides, if that makes sense.

how far away are your toes from the end of the shoe?

Main

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
Ok, even though I'll never buy CONS and I'm not into them, I looked this up for you.

Any shoe that has a chuck-type vulc sole (chucks, star player, sumner, one star) you buy a half size down, not full size. Half.

The rest (KA3, metric, zakim, breakpoint) you buy your normal size. If you don't know what your shoe size is, go to a shoe store and have your foot measured.

If you buy the proper size and they hurt your feet, find different shoes to skate in.

[/thread]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:38:19 PM by Main »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how far away are your toes from the end of the shoe?
There's a teeny bit of room in between. You don't want it to be full on touching but you don't want a big gap in between either.

Such

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »
Ok, even though I'll never buy CONS and I'm not into them, I looked this up for you.

Any shoe that has a chuck-type vulc sole (chucks, star player, sumner, one star) you buy a half size down, not full size. Half.

The rest (KA3, metric, zakim, breakpoint) you buy your normal size. If you don't know what your shoe size is, go to a shoe store and have your foot measured.

If you buy the proper size and they hurt your feet, find different shoes to skate in.

[/thread]

i tried on some ka3´s and had to go a full size down.

Main

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
i tried on some ka3�s and had to go a full size down.

Alright I'm done.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »
You can burst a couple of seams on each side and instantly make the shoe wider. I circled the stitches in blue. Burst them and you'll notice the tongue won't be attached to the sides of the shoe anymore, only to the tip. This will give you extra room without visually changing the shoe and without messing up its fit. Makes it easier to access the insoles too, if needed.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they look like they last forever though. also this goes for pretty much all cons models.

Buy Adidas then. Same great durability as Nike and Cons, and a few of their models fit wide feet perfectly. They're also not even close to as evil as Nike and Cons, so thats nice

Such

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »
You can burst a couple of seams on each side and instantly make the shoe wider. I circled the stitches in blue. Burst them and you'll notice the tongue won't be attached to the sides of the shoe anymore, only to the tip. This will give you extra room without visually changing the shoe and without messing up its fit. Makes it easier to access the insoles too, if needed.

fuck man thank you so much never heard of this.

but i feel like i need to make my self more clear, im talking about the toebox. google natural feet, im sure a bunch of us have feet like that?

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
I have wide feed and the Cons CTS' were my favorite shoe (these are the actual skate chucks, not the ones they sell now that have no padding).

I went a size down and they were good. I would recommend trying them on first but it sounds like this isn't an option for you.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Buy Adidas then. Same great durability as Nike and Cons, and a few of their models fit wide feet perfectly. They're also not even close to as evil as Nike and Cons, so thats nice

Which models are wider?

Also how are they less evil? I'm not being confrontational, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:06:22 PM by yourfuckingdad »

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
I have wide feed and the Cons CTS' were my favorite shoe (these are the actual skate chucks, not the ones they sell now that have no padding).

I went a size down and they were good. I would recommend trying them on first but it sounds like this isn't an option for you.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Which models are wider?

Also how are they less evil? I'm not being confrontational, I'm just curious.

I haven't had any of the new new line, but the Sucius were perfect. So were the campus vulcs like 2 years ago. I imagine, they haven't made  a switch to narrower shoes.

And Adidas isn't nearly as ruthless as Nike in their business practices. Did you see that thread a while ago with that article about what Nike was doing to MIA? Sales reps bullying shops owners into ordering shitty shoes that don't sell, sometimes even adding them to the order after it was sent in. Effectively put one of their locations out of business. How Nike used core shops to build their brand/get themselves respected among the "core," then just fucked over those core shops... Not to mention the insane amount of advertising at every contest on every skater. Adidas might be a sports brand, but at least they kind of know where they belong and have some respect for skating. You don't see them fucking over shops and making all of their riders only wear the 3 stripes at contests

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »

I haven't had any of the new new line, but the Sucius were perfect. So were the campus vulcs like 2 years ago. I imagine, they haven't made  a switch to narrower shoes.

And Adidas isn't nearly as ruthless as Nike in their business practices. Did you see that thread a while ago with that article about what Nike was doing to MIA? Sales reps bullying shops owners into ordering shitty shoes that don't sell, sometimes even adding them to the order after it was sent in. Effectively put one of their locations out of business. How Nike used core shops to build their brand/get themselves respected among the "core," then just fucked over those core shops... Not to mention the insane amount of advertising at every contest on every skater. Adidas might be a sports brand, but at least they kind of know where they belong and have some respect for skating. You don't see them fucking over shops and making all of their riders only wear the 3 stripes at contests

Good to know about Sucius. I had a pair of the Campus Vulc Mids when they first came out and they were a bit narrow for me.

Ah yeah for sure. I thought you meant generally in regards to human rights and shit, not just within skateboarding.

I knew Nike SB was a trojan horse to infiltrate the skateboarding market when they started, was just a matter of when they were going to dissolve the SB and just sell the shoes wherever and screw over skateshops. I didn't know that about MIA, that's fucked. One of the shops where I'm at was initially really opposed to Nike coming into skateboarding so they didn't sign on with them and can't get on now that it's really important for their business. A lot of shops are having trouble getting Vans accounts too because they obviously aren't going to order the huge amount of shoes a big name clothing store is either.

I have a lot of issues with the skateboarding industry putting out low-quality shit, and skateboarding culture being having a very narrow definition of "cool", but I would much rather have those dudes than companies that are only concerned with their bottom line.

I've read that Adidas' quality has gone down over the years, which I know is what happened to Nike and Vans, I don't know if that's true though because I haven't had many of their shoes.

Such

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good to know about Sucius. I had a pair of the Campus Vulc Mids when they first came out and they were a bit narrow for me.

Ah yeah for sure. I thought you meant generally in regards to human rights and shit, not just within skateboarding.

I knew Nike SB was a trojan horse to infiltrate the skateboarding market when they started, was just a matter of when they were going to dissolve the SB and just sell the shoes wherever and screw over skateshops. I didn't know that about MIA, that's fucked. One of the shops where I'm at was initially really opposed to Nike coming into skateboarding so they didn't sign on with them and can't get on now that it's really important for their business. A lot of shops are having trouble getting Vans accounts too because they obviously aren't going to order the huge amount of shoes a big name clothing store is either.

I have a lot of issues with the skateboarding industry putting out low-quality shit, and skateboarding culture being having a very narrow definition of "cool", but I would much rather have those dudes than companies that are only concerned with their bottom line.

I've read that Adidas' quality has gone down over the years, which I know is what happened to Nike and Vans, I don't know if that's true though because I haven't had many of their shoes.

sucius are pretty wide, and they stretch. get them, seriously, best shoe in years.