Author Topic: Bronson Bearings  (Read 21428 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Bronson Bearings
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 03:24:52 AM »
i agree they are fast out of the box but i've been riding mine since a few months and already two bearings of them have gone to waste. also i bought the expensive ones. now this board is noticeably slower than my raincruiser that has random bones bearings cheapo mini logo to super reds.

i'd say skip bronsons, stay with bones or hardluck if you liked them. i won't buy em again. it's nice they go so fast when they are new, but to me it's more important they hold up well.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:44 AM »
How are you guys all having great luck with bones? In the past year I've skated at least five sets of Reds, a set of super Reds, and a set of Swiss, only to have them all shit out on me after a few weeks to two months.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 06:04:40 AM »
How are you guys all having great luck with bones? In the past year I've skated at least five sets of Reds, a set of super Reds, and a set of Swiss, only to have them all shit out on me after a few weeks to two months.

you are probably riding very dusty terrain. swiss should last you at least 4 months before you can feel any sort of degrading. normally they should last for about a year and then still, any deterioration from new would be due to dust and not actual damage. with reds its a different story but the total amount of sets that you used in a year is too much even if you were riding shake junt or any other gimmick/toy brand
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:48:40 AM by Esquivel »
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 07:23:32 AM »
bought hard luck ceramics.. maybe 2 years ago (granted, i was out 6 months due to an injury), and those fuckers are fast as ever, and i never clean them, maybe a little lube every 4 months. happy with those.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »

Same, but usually reds. Probably city dust.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17:43 AM »
I mentioned earlier in the thread that i was dissapointed with my bronsons. They have been in a box for a couple weeks, so last night i popped the hields and man they are spinning fast now. Idk how they ride yet, I'll set them back up when I get new wheels, pop those shields.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 03:14:47 PM »
A couple of friends of mine bought some and they said similar things. The first week they were super fast, but by the third week they were super slow. I was planning on buying some, but I'll probably pass now.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 05:27:06 PM »
How do the G2 hold up to the G3?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you are probably riding very dusty terrain. swiss should last you at least 4 months before you can feel any sort of degrading. normally they should last for about a year and then still, any deterioration from new would be due to dust and not actual damage. with reds its a different story but the total amount of sets that you used in a year is too much even if you were riding shake junt or any other gimmick/toy brand

i've had a set of swiss bones for over 2 years. i ride a lot of different terrain too. ive done the whole cleaning em with paint thinner thing twice. about every 4 months ill apply some speed cream in em. shields on and there golden!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 11:14:17 PM »
My six balls have been good....skated them for like a year or more....clean em every few months....

zephyrpatio

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 11:15:20 AM »
I've run independent (abec 7) bearings, reds, and bronsons over the last year. The independents have been the most consistently fast and low maintenance (over a year running with just lube now and then). The bronsons have been fast and smooth right out of the box, but I haven't run them longer than a month or so, so I don't know about their durability. After a few weeks they feel like new reds.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »

Same experience here. Reds turn to shit pretty pretty quick. I'm on a set of Super Reds now which are definitely better, especially with cleaning, but honestly probably on par with the $13 Shake Junt bearings I had some years ago.

BMCsteve

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
had a bearing freeze up yesterday.  after removing it I found it was due to the shield (with the black stripe) making contact with the balls.  Not sure what caused it but i was able to straighten it out

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same experience here. Reds turn to shit pretty pretty quick. I'm on a set of Super Reds now which are definitely better, especially with cleaning, but honestly probably on par with the $13 Shake Junt bearings I had some years ago.

I switched my super reds for bronson G2's, they're a better ride so far.  I'm still mad i wrecked my bones 6 swiss. Skating in a wet park, then using WD, when i fucking know better.

Dima

• Rep: -6
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »
anyone here ever clean/oil their bearings?

just by doing that made my set of swiss last for like a half a decade.

now rolling on ceramic swiss and shit is fast.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 11:49:43 AM »

I've done it using the bones kit. A pair of super reds lasted me a good 3-4 years after multiple minor rust/dirt cleanings.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »

yeah man.  with the bones kit, i've got it down to about a 15 minute process.

i just buy reds... skate em for a few weeks, then clean em out with isopropanol, compressed air to dry them up, speed cream, reassemble and away i go.

i can get maybe 6 months to a year or so out of a set of reds, but they really aren't spectacular when they're nearing the end of that life cycle... but the first few cleanings brings them right back up to like new rolling condition... like nearly silent when rolled in hand.

sometimes i'll have 2 sets on the go, so i can just swap em out then clean them up whenever it's convenient.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:30:11 PM by unerds »

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »
Dragging up an oldish thread - any more input on bronson? My Swiss still spin fine but I've had them for verging on 5 years so just feeling a fresh set. Familiar with reds of course and have bought three sets of hard luck (hard times, good times and Jason Jesse Swiss which were all underwhelming) so considering trying out the G3's

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »
Dragging up an oldish thread - any more input on bronson? My Swiss still spin fine but I've had them for verging on 5 years so just feeling a fresh set. Familiar with reds of course and have bought three sets of hard luck (hard times, good times and Jason Jesse Swiss which were all underwhelming) so considering trying out the G3's

4 of my G3's broke (destroyed crown) after about 2 months. Not skating very much either. However, this has happened to most bearing I've had. Just bought a pair of Swiss today and we'll see how they hold up. The guys at my skateshop said the G3's are better than the Swiss but we'll see.
I've never had a Bones bearing I liked but maybe this will be different.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2016, 05:45:32 PM »
My bronsons are rolling fine (park use only) and they are blazing fast (paired up with OJ insane-a-thane).

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »
Fuck these bearings. Just get race reds if you really want to spend $30.
you never know about pre-cum 

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2016, 07:33:57 PM »
I've had a set of G2 for four months. Popped the shields and haven't touched em since day one, still rolling strong. On par with reds, I'd say. I dunno, their marketing/hype is kind of annoying, but I'll try anything that's $10-$20 and lasts a while.

I prolly wouldn't spend money on the G3. Just seems gimmicky.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »

After some months skating pretty much only flat and tranny. Half of the cages in bits. Never had shit like this happen with Bones. I'll never buy these shits again. Oh and these were the more expensive G3s. Worked alright enough until I tried cleaning them, like any bearing really.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:56:06 PM by Roisto »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:05 PM »
Fuck, I just put my old set back into my setup, they seemed to roll fine as I put them in. Never cleaning them ever, confirmed haha.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

zippy z

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
I had a set for 6 months or so. At the end they were in the same condition my swiss would be in after a couple years. I'll be sticking to reds.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2016, 04:37:25 AM »
Half of the cages in bits. Never had shit like this happen with Bones.
4 of my G3's broke (destroyed crown) after about 2 months. Not skating very much either.

Same thing happened to me after first month or so, i'm super bummed about these "next generation bearings". Bones swiss ftw!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2016, 04:44:28 AM »

After some months skating pretty much only flat and tranny. Half of the cages in bits. Never had shit like this happen with Bones. I'll never buy these shits again. Oh and these were the more expensive G3s. Worked alright enough until I tried cleaning them, like any bearing really.

maybe the solvent reacted with the cage plastic and made it brittle? i was going to ask if you cleaned the bearings and you confirmed it in the same post. The thing is that if you used the same cleaner as with other brands, nothing should have gone wrong. Anyway, been riding a set of super swiss for the last 4 months or so and even though i initially thought they were not as good as the normal bones swiss, once they broke in they have by far been the absolute best things i have ever skated

also, what toilet roll is best for wiping butt/drying out bearings? I want something that is good, right in the middle.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

maybe the solvent reacted with the cage plastic and made it brittle? i was going to ask if you cleaned the bearings and you confirmed it in the same post. The thing is that if you used the same cleaner as with other brands, nothing should have gone wrong. Anyway, been riding a set of super swiss for the last 4 months or so and even though i initially thought they were not as good as the normal bones swiss, once they broke in they have by far been the absolute best things i have ever skated

also, what toilet roll is best for wiping butt/drying out bearings? I want something that is good, right in the middle.

The cages were broken before cleaning with a solvent, so it's not cuz of that. Popped the shields and noticed a bunch of the shields were done.

As for the toilet paper, I use the non-recycled 3 ply from Lidl exclusively. Soft and gentle but doesn't break. No bits of paper stuck to your ass hair and no accidental anal fingering. There's some random kitchen towel in the pic though. Worked alright for the bearings but wouldn't consider touching my ass with it unless it's an emergency situation. :)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2016, 05:55:11 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=90525.msg2573713#msg2573713 date=1479731845
Expand Quote
Half of the cages in bits. Never had shit like this happen with Bones.
[close]
Expand Quote
4 of my G3's broke (destroyed crown) after about 2 months. Not skating very much either.
[close]

Same thing happened to me after first month or so, i'm super bummed about these "next generation bearings". Bones swiss ftw!

Yeah, seems like bullshit marketing hype. I'll never buy bearings from NHS again.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2016, 08:57:14 AM »
Not sure about Bronson but Powell sells cages......it's pretty cool I think.....a good reason to order through them, get some extras sent when you buy em.

When I've been stoked or bummed on Powell stuff you just email em and you get a response.....you should try it w Bronson maybe they'll mail you some replacements.