Author Topic: Advice on Cupsole  (Read 4159 times)

coneklr

Re: Advice on Cupsole
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »
Unless you are spending $$$ on custom insoles, I can't see any of the aftermarket skate brand insoles being better than that adiprene insole in the Suciu/Superstar.  And I can't speak to the Suciu but I went down half size in the Superstar and it's a perfect fit.

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 11:11:46 AM »
Go for the footprint game changer insoles in a nice cupsole. That should work well.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SlappyBag

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:53 AM »
Go for the footprint game changer insoles in a nice cupsole. That should work well.
I bought a paid of FP insoles (i forget which exactly pretty sure game changer) and threw them in a pair of crockets, definitely noticed a difference, from the Vans Pro insole. But the second i got the Sucius i tossed them to the side. As much as people seem to love FP I didn't notice it being that great. Sure id use them if i bought some basic cons or vans again, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I bought a paid of FP insoles (i forget which exactly pretty sure game changer) and threw them in a pair of crockets, definitely noticed a difference, from the Vans Pro insole. But the second i got the Sucius i tossed them to the side. As much as people seem to love FP I didn't notice it being that great. Sure id use them if i bought some basic cons or vans again, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

I still rock my footprints in my KA3s (not for skating) as they are a bit loose all around but they certainly were not worth the cost (and I got them cheap direct).

SlappyBag

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
Just got in my pair of the Cons Metric if anyone is interested in the few words i have to say about them. Feel really good outa the box they are just have a lot more space in the toes then i had expected. Don't feel as good as the suciu but offer some pretty solid board feel! All in all not as hyped as i had expected.

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 07:14:10 PM »
I picked up a pair of weapons at the Converse outlet this afternoon. I haven't skated them yet but I'm impressed with the feel so far just walking around. Thanks for all the advice.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

Farz

• Rep: 12
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 02:20:27 AM »
Just got in my pair of the Cons Metric if anyone is interested in the few words i have to say about them. Feel really good outa the box they are just have a lot more space in the toes then i had expected. Don't feel as good as the suciu but offer some pretty solid board feel! All in all not as hyped as i had expected.
Also had the same issue with them being way to roomy in my normal size. After calling Cons and trying to return them for a half size down (didn't work as they were out of stock so just going with a refund) I was told:

A) them being listed as 'true to size' on the website was a misprint and they run a half size large according to the listing he had - should have expected this with all Cons but kind of figured a padded cupsole wouldn't be as large as the thinner chucks; boy was i wrong.

B) the metrics are being discontinued

SlappyBag

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Also had the same issue with them being way to roomy in my normal size. After calling Cons and trying to return them for a half size down (didn't work as they were out of stock so just going with a refund) I was told:

A) them being listed as 'true to size' on the website was a misprint and they run a half size large according to the listing he had - should have expected this with all Cons but kind of figured a padded cupsole wouldn't be as large as the thinner chucks; boy was i wrong.

Shit really? Where did you hear that?
I don't hate them or anything, just the whole CLS got me excited cause it might push other companies to make shoes with a bit more protective tech. Seeing Cons go after it is pretty cool (even tho they are Nike) I just hope more companies try and focus on heel protection.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »
That kinda sucks. I thought it was a step in the right direction for Cons, although I never got to try a pair.

My local store opted to not stock them after trying the samples.

Here we go Ross!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 07:28:21 AM »
To the OP,

Get a cupsole with a separate midsole and removable insole, then be prepared to swap with your own insoles.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
Unless you are spending $$$ on custom insoles, I can't see any of the aftermarket skate brand insoles being better than that adiprene insole in the Suciu/Superstar.  And I can't speak to the Suciu but I went down half size in the Superstar and it's a perfect fit.

Can confirm. Half size down Suciu will be one of the most comfortable shoes you ever wear.

SlappyBag

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
That kinda sucks. I thought it was a step in the right direction for Cons, although I never got to try a pair.

My local store opted to not stock them after trying the samples.

Here we go Ross!
I actually wrote a article on the Metric for a college PR class i have about how its a necessary change. It got me so hyped, but i guess nothing can compare to the Suciu

Farz

• Rep: 12
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »
From the incredibly helpful customer service rep I spoke to who also confirmed this with their supervisor (he also mentioned the supervisor was pretty angry that 'true to size' thing was a misprint on the site)

There is a possibility he was talking about the current colorways being discontinued but he did specifically say "the metric model will no longer be made... which is unfortunate as they look really cool"

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 07:29:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wtf didn't these just come out?

SlappyBag

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From the incredibly helpful customer service rep I spoke to who also confirmed this with their supervisor (he also mentioned the supervisor was pretty angry that 'true to size' thing was a misprint on the site)

There is a possibility he was talking about the current colorways being discontinued but he did specifically say "the metric model will no longer be made... which is unfortunate as they look really cool"

Damn that's too bad! I finally got a chance to properly skate them and they feel much better then the first day or so. I'd totally buy them again once these bust through.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
wtf didn't these just come out?

Yea but they are already discounted in a lot of places, including the converse website.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:57 AM »

I usually wear a 10 and could not for the life of me commit to either the 10 or 9.5 in the metric, and they do have lots of room in the toe box, they have that eyelet row setup where you can't really lace them tight without buckling the front of the show at the first eyelet. Bummed, I really liked the look of them and wanted a cupsole.

DC/Nike 10s are perfect (ugh)
Adidas/Vans/emerica 10s feel too big, 9.5s too small

SlappyBag

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I usually wear a 10 and could not for the life of me commit to either the 10 or 9.5 in the metric, and they do have lots of room in the toe box, they have that eyelet row setup where you can't really lace them tight without buckling the front of the show at the first eyelet. Bummed, I really liked the look of them and wanted a cupsole.

DC/Nike 10s are perfect (ugh)
Adidas/Vans/emerica 10s feel too big, 9.5s too small

Yeah i had that issue too. Im normally a 10.5 and these felt a bit big in the toes. It really is just a wide toe box/front toes. Im still skating them and everything and they honestly feel great. As much as i felt bummed out when i first got them, every session i wear them they feel better. For such a small shoe they have a good amount of support.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2016, 05:15:08 PM »
The new Bruins Hypervulc skate really well :)

Mongoloid

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 05:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't believe this is entirely accurate. Just recently Cons instagram account posted a photo of the Metrics in mono/black colorway, and just today in a grey/white pair worn by Mike Anderson. I think they are just releasing new colors.

SlappyBag

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't believe this is entirely accurate. Just recently Cons instagram account posted a photo of the Metrics in mono/black colorway, and just today in a grey/white pair worn by Mike Anderson. I think they are just releasing new colors.

Actually asked a cons insider about this and they said the metrics are going to be improved upon. I think that the advertising blast cons put out may have been the set up for some big releases in the future.

Mongoloid

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Actually asked a cons insider about this and they said the metrics are going to be improved upon. I think that the advertising blast cons put out may have been the set up for some big releases in the future.

Sounds exciting! I have not skated mine yet, but I did wear them around doing errands and they were super cozy. Picked up two pairs in black cherry at the discounted price.