Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93622 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
^those look like sick shoes. but why are all the new State shoes designed with the PU footbed? then you can’t use an insole unless there’s some way of removing it? I have the Harlems but the footbed seems to be unremovable without destroying the shoes. sucks too because I really like their shoes and want to support them but I need to use insoles.

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2019, 05:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
^those look like sick shoes. but why are all the new State shoes designed with the PU footbed? then you can’t use an insole unless there’s some way of removing it? I have the Harlems but the footbed seems to be unremovable without destroying the shoes. sucks too because I really like their shoes and want to support them but I need to use insoles.
[close]

The Harlem insoles come out super easy. I was able to take them out without destroying the shoes or the insoles. I think they're the only shoe from State that has an insole like that. The rest are removable, and the stock insoles seem pretty decent.

I swapped out the insoles on an old pair of blazer hi for the state ones and it’s the best shoe ever .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2019, 05:34:52 AM »
I’m skating the Albany shoe now and I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed by a shoe. They’ve lasted me a considerably long time. They’re at the end of their lifespan now and I’m having a hard time switching back to vans.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »
the theories collab shoes are on the state site now. they’re five bucks more than the regular bishops. I noticed they have a model called the pacifica that looks really nice but they’re already sold out. I didn’t even know they existed till today.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #394 on: February 23, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »
How is the sizing on the Keys?

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 78
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2019, 08:34:13 AM »
I’m having a hard time switching back to vans.

I think this tends to happen. I was skating only vans for a long while, then I tried some other brands. I can't skate in Vans at all. They feel like you're wearing moonboots.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think this tends to happen. I was skating only vans for a long while, then I tried some other brands. I can't skate in Vans at all. They feel like you're wearing moonboots.

is that because of the weight of them?

Ankle_Lift

« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it's the toe. It's feels so bulky and huge, like on all the models. My brother said the same, he tried a pair of the last model TNTs. He said they felt like he was wearing clownshoes. He ended up just giving them away.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
I think I may fire away on those new Pacifica's.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2019, 04:13:19 PM »
so many corporate bots on every shoe thread, flesh and blood but bots none the less.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it's the toe. It's feels so bulky and huge, like on all the models. My brother said the same, he tried a pair of the last model TNTs. He said they felt like he was wearing clownshoes. He ended up just giving them away.

you're supposed to go a half-size down on the pro classics. dont skate the pro models lol
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »
Has anyone ordered directly from the site? Are they quick in terms of shipping?

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2019, 11:40:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you're supposed to go a half-size down on the pro classics. dont skate the pro models lol

I meant I had a hard time going back to vans after state because states have more padding/support than vans. And you don’t have to go down a size when going from vans classics to vans pro. That sounds like a just you problem

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »

i want to know this too, also, do they ship overseas

thebacker

« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i want to know this too, also, do they ship overseas

They are fairly standard

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I meant I had a hard time going back to vans after state because states have more padding/support than vans. And you don’t have to go down a size when going from vans classics to vans pro. That sounds like a just you problem

clearly wasn't replying to you
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #406 on: March 06, 2019, 02:41:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I found this too. The toe box is too roomy for me. I think it might also be the high foxing tape prevents a snug fit?

Does State have an Australian distro?

Ankle_Lift

« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've done that. Usually a 10 in vans, and a 10.5 in everything else. They still feel so buky. I got a pair of budget Vans the other day for free. They feel much nicer than the 112s I had last.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2019, 09:32:00 AM »
i finally put my money where my mouth was and ordered some states: tkf salems and some mercers, both in black suede. are these two models true to size? i got them in size 9 and i wear 9s in most shoes - pro vans (but could go 8.5 with some models like halfcabs), blazers, adidas... are they true to size? narrow? wide?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

thebacker

« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2019, 10:03:53 AM »
i finally put my money where my mouth was and ordered some states: tkf salems and some mercers, both in black suede. are these two models true to size? i got them in size 9 and i wear 9s in most shoes - pro vans (but could go 8.5 with some models like halfcabs), blazers, adidas... are they true to size? narrow? wide?

yea youll be fine with true to size. enjoy those salems they are the shit

front3

« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »
Anybody skate the pacificas yet ?

Probably going to be my next shoe if I don't get another pair of Gilbert Crockett's vans.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2019, 02:06:12 PM »

Probably going to be my next shoe if I don't get another pair of Gilbert Crockett's vans.

I am about to.

front3

« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am about to.

Please report back :)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2019, 12:19:44 AM »
I really wish I pulled the trigger on the Killing Floor Salems.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2019, 01:48:32 AM »
I really wish I pulled the trigger on the Killing Floor Salems.

if you don't mind paying shipping from the UK rollersnakes have some in stock and they're also on sale for £24 in both cw's so it'll even out.

https://rollersnakes.co.uk/products/state-salem-blackwhite-tkf-suede-footwear?variant=12597023604810
https://rollersnakes.co.uk/products/state-salem-whiteblack-tkf-suede-footwear?variant=12597024260170

sizing is sparse on the black white cw but the others seems to have most. did a quick shipping calculator on there and it worked out at £45.99 altogether making it 60usd. not sure if 60 usd is good pricing for a skate shoe but i skated the black and white pair and they were a solid shoe  for sure.

also @roba the salems were tts for me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
dude, they are all on sale. wow, thanks for this link. would uk 7.5 in states be us 8.5? there's a pair of mercers for 35,- that could fit.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2019, 03:39:58 PM »
UK sizing is a size down, yeah so us 7 is uk 6

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »
dude, they are all on sale. wow, thanks for this link. would uk 7.5 in states be us 8.5? there's a pair of mercers for 35,- that could fit.

they're also on sale straight from the State e-shop, they have two different colorways, both going for 42 bucks instead of 70, just saw that earlier: https://statefootwear.com/collections/footwear

those shoes last forever, you won't regret them

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »
They don't have my size, but I appreciate the Rollersnakes links and the UK - US sizing help. Gnars for all.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2019, 02:19:09 AM »
Yeah theyve had states on sale since atleast October, if they combined shipping could be a good steal for multiple pairs  :)