Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93610 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
https://issuu.com/statefootwear/docs/free_and_liberated_state_fall_2019_

wknd collab coming soon

those mercer lows look like a 2007 dc shoe
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2019, 02:35:05 PM »

wknd collab coming soon

Thanks for this. While the Salem really shouldn't be withdrawn, those new Mercer highs look completely similar. I wonder how the difference will be felt, if any

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:32 PM »

wknd collab coming soon

Mercer Lows are probably the best shoe they have in that lineup besides the Pacifica.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #423 on: March 11, 2019, 08:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote

wknd collab coming soon

[close]

Thanks for this. While the Salem really shouldn't be withdrawn, those new Mercer highs look completely similar. I wonder how the difference will be felt, if any

think you meant harlem highs. they look pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that they're 90% canvas
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

wknd collab coming soon

[close]

[close]

think you meant harlem highs. they look pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that they're 90% canvas

My bad, yes that's the ones I meant, good catch. I'm really curious about those Pacificas, they look like something Sole Tech would design. In general the evolution of the style is interesting, they're definitely expanding onto a wider array of looks. More slip-ons and lifestyle type of models like that canvas Bishop or that WKND Harlem with the straps (which I like, but can't imagine is the most practical for skating). Just a few years back the models looked a lot more similar to one another and were basically variations on the Madison it felt like (to me), now there's more variation and it's interesting studying the shift, as long as the shoes still look good and some still skate super well I'm into it.

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2019, 08:59:39 AM »
Solid offerings from State in that catalog. Some really cool colorways
(Cool Trick GIF)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #426 on: March 11, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »
I can't say I've ever been 100% satisfied wiith skating a state shoe. They're a not a shoe to skate right out of the box, because you'll destroy the canvas upper before you break in the soles.

But fuck do I just like the Harlem as a clean everyday shoe. I've had a couple of pair and I like em so much that i end up skating them. Hi Pink WKND Harlem are right up my ally.

The Bishops look like the Dekline TimTim

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #427 on: March 11, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
I can't say I've ever been 100% satisfied wiith skating a state shoe. They're a not a shoe to skate right out of the box, because you'll destroy the canvas upper before you break in the soles.

But fuck do I just like the Harlem as a clean everyday shoe. I've had a couple of pair and I like em so much that i end up skating them. Hi Pink WKND Harlem are right up my ally.

have you skated any of the suede models? they’re durable.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #428 on: March 11, 2019, 11:43:04 PM »
even the canvas ones I skated were pretty durable, I'm not sure if it was the angles or what but states are defs not easy shoes to thrash

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: March 12, 2019, 04:41:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm having a hard time destroying mine the classic way. Even months in I'll get some ollie / kickflip wear but never actual holes whether on the upper, side or sole which is a first to me in 20 years of skating. The only funny downside is I'm used to skating my shoes to absolute shit (I've found that in the case of States, to me, that will last an average of four months) and here they never wear their expiration date, so basically I only know when to retire a pair when all the support is gone so the shoes start feeling flimsy like mere socks and skating in them starts hurting my feet, that one is clearly on me though, I'd rather have shoes that last and have me rethink my approach then keep cycling through pairs as soon as I see a hole forming every three weeks.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:43:55 AM by silhouette »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #430 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had all suede Salem highs which were okay. The soles don't do it for me. If I can get Harlem's to last a month they'd be my jam. maybe I'll try that microwave thing next time or just wear them for a month before I skate.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:02:08 AM by TwisT »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #431 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:26 AM »
salems broke in asap for me, comfy as shit but yeah you cant go wrong with the microwave method, folding the fuck out of the shoe and then wearing it around a little bit before skating.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #432 on: March 12, 2019, 07:59:24 AM »
anyone lookin' to try the keys, here's your chance for $15 in some pretty average sizes.

https://www.zumiez.com/keys-blk-denim-wht.html
good come sausage

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I had all suede Salem highs which were okay. The soles don't do it for me. If I can get Harlem's to last a month they'd be my jam. maybe I'll try that microwave thing next time or just wear them for a month before I skate.

i'm surprised that you had any issues with the sole, i had a little flatground session in the mercers i got and they were pretty much broken in as soon as i put them on my feet, did all the shit i have on-lock first try without any problems. i may be biased though because i skated blazers before these and they were a bitch to break in at first so i could have got used to skating in stiff shoes  :P
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »
I had the all black canvas Salem and they fit well and broke in easily and are still very sturdy and have yet to see a hole in them while the grip has started to wear down a little bit. I got the tkf ones a bit after that and it seemed like the shoe overall just fit a bit looser and stretched out too much once broken in. Really wish they’d put out more canvas colorways in the Salem.

front3

« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »
I started skating the pacificas this week. I only have good things to say. Definitely recommend trying them out. Pretty hyped on these shoes and will be happy to continue supporting state.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »
Wish the bishops were wider slightly.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #437 on: April 09, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
Anyone know how the Bishops fit? Really wanna try a pair.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #438 on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
tts, but tight/low on the foot. the toe is long too, I'm pretty sure I could skate them without laces

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #439 on: April 09, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »

I wear an 11 in almost everything and the bishops fit me well in an 11

I wear 10.5 in vans if that helps

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #440 on: April 09, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
Good advice, thank you guys! Hoping to get a pair of the theories ones with the toe cap at some point.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
skating feltons
close to no heel lock-first time i pushed in them my fucking shoe came right off mid push, but as i wear them more and get used to it, its too not bad. just very minimal heel lock compared to keys

didnt dig the mercers at all

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2019, 05:26:23 AM »
didnt dig the mercers at all

i liked the way they skated but the upper wasn't durable at all, the stitching on the toe was too low and i had to glue it back together every time i came home from a session. the salems are feeling much better though
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2019, 03:32:32 AM »
anyone skated the albanys? at a toss up between getting another pair of salems (non tkf ones this time) or the albany magenta collab. ive skated salems before and they skated great but the high up lace profile of the albanys is appealing to me as i always snap laces

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
I'm on my third pair of Albanys this year, and I skated a pair of TKF Salems just before my current ones. To be honest I'd say they feel and perform the exact same, which is surprising because they look so different. No ollie pad thing on the Albanys but I've never been able to form a hole on any of those shoes, I just retire them when they become too flimsy and skating in them starts hurting my foot, which usually takes a good two months and a half of daily skating (longer if not skated daily, i.e. wintertime, also getting older I'm starting to feel little random pain here and there after skating a bit more).

I do snap my laces in Albanys, but that's probably just because the stock State laces are super long and weird (no coating, so they just catch on fire if you try using a lighter on them).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:33:01 AM by silhouette »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
both me and my friend got through the ollie holes on the tkf, i find it funny how we had considerably different experiences with the same shoe yet you're the considerably better skater ;D

so they fit the same pretty much? kind of a gamble ordering shoes for me with different brands having different fits but the salems were tts. as for the laces i tend to snap the bottom 2, maybe 3 lace loops so with the laces being higher up on the albanys im hoping for a little more longevity. always dope to support magenta too.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #446 on: April 14, 2019, 01:47:52 AM »
anyone skated the albanys? at a toss up between getting another pair of salems (non tkf ones this time) or the albany magenta collab. ive skated salems before and they skated great but the high up lace profile of the albanys is appealing to me as i always snap laces

A couple posts in this thread are very positive and convinced me to get a pair. Haven’t skated them yet but they feel super comfy.

I’m skating the Albany shoe now and I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed by a shoe. They’ve lasted me a considerably long time. They’re at the end of their lifespan now and I’m having a hard time switching back to vans.
(...) I hope you enjoy your Albany's, I got to skate in an early pair of those and they were my favorite shoes in forever, they feel super good to skate in, give me that I-Path feel and last for a really long time (...)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »
They fit the same (to me at least, both were true to size) and I'd say the Albanys last maybe a bit longer than TKF Salems. I could never go through the ollie pad on those but still beat them up; whereas every pair of Albanys I retire still looks clean minus the normal wear from skating (never a hole; I maybe damaged the stitching on one shoe once doing something stupid in it, but that's about it).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:43:14 PM by silhouette »

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #448 on: May 06, 2019, 05:24:29 AM »
Got some sessions in the Albanys now, I really like them. They seem sturdy, soles are the right amount of grippy for my taste, and I feel like my flick has improved in them. Laces have barely been touched. The insole is pretty nice too and has a drawing of a skateboarding bear on it.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: May 06, 2019, 05:50:23 AM »
skated my salems for a few sessions now and i've noticed that the problem my friend had on the tkf salems where the entire lace loop part blew out super quick ended up happening on these to me however they didnt on my tkfs. lil bit glue easy fix, still skate great.