Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104469 times)

Mr. Fink

Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »
The back and forth between Billy Marks and Sinclair is my favorite part of the show.

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2016, 04:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Is Justin Eldridge going to do anything ???
[close]
He was sick. Chocolate seems incredibly unlucky.

He did some stuff the first day or two it seemed, but then yeah, he got sick.  I actually thought he was a weird choice for Chocolate since he's been kinda low key for a while now it seems.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Enjoying this. Don't get the hate
[close]

Same, these are great. Vice has done an awesome job with this. So glad these aren't crammed into 45 minute DVDs or 10 part web clips.
[close]

I don't understand the hate either.  It's nice to see skateboarding represented like this on television, better than street league. I like a lot of vicelands content.

I'm glad that the Viceland episodes haven't been horrible.  I was hoping for "not embarrassing" but have actually been really enjoying them.  Yeah, it has some of the tropes of storylines and editing and everything else expected in reality shows, but I get the sense that the skaters themselves aren't really playing into that stuff like other people might on reality shows, and they're cool with giving some explanation so that non-skaters can follow along and enjoy it.  So Viceland is kinda forced into just showing KOTR more or less as it is--which is fine because it has always been exciting and entertaining by itself.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
The back and forth between Billy Marks and Sinclair is my favorite part of the show.
Hahaha, it feels like the Toy Machine van is always on the inch of revolt, led by Billy and Blake. Dan Lu, just chills and the flow guy just wants to kill it.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hahaha, it feels like the Toy Machine van is always on the inch of revolt, led by Billy and Blake. Dan Lu, just chills and the flow guy just wants to kill it.
Yeah, they're the most entertaining. Axel's pretty fuckin funny; seeing his first street fight, pump up the jam, Patrick Swayze. I hope they win.

Charbroil

« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
Dan Lu is a fucking treat

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »
axel is the shit!

i feel for flow dude johnny jones, it's gotta be an intense experience and i see why he'd be shaky but the difference in skill between him and axel is staggering. are they around the same age? axel skates with so much power and confidence, this sort of reminds me of that kotr mystery guest a couple years back where Girl was supposed to get jason jessee but then got some random kid which was a huge waste of time/points, until navarette showed up in his place.
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »
It seems like the episodes are just getting better and better. The lack of andy roy and phelps really helps, and I personally think its edited really well for being reality TV. Not really sure what people were expecting and why there's so much hate, all it really is is a bunch of extra behind the scenes footage to what we usually get.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2016, 09:44:32 PM »
Can we just come to a general agreement that the Vice show is pretty fucking cool? I watched KOTR 2007 on dvd last night and noticed the no comply flip nose manual was also a challenge back then, I can't even imagine doing that shit. Also, Duncombe cab flip the spine is for sure one of the all time best KOTR clips. I wish I could get that nekked Kasper footy without that fucking blur shit tho furreal.

im probably lying

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2016, 09:46:38 AM »
I'm voting team toy machine

axel is fucking awesome and has probably been the most productive besides elijah berle

the shit w sinclair and billy and the rest of the guys is pretty fucking funny. you have to hand it to sinclair for keeping them on track, his team manager skill may be better than the gipper thought  :P

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »
axel is the shit!

i feel for flow dude johnny jones, it's gotta be an intense experience and i see why he'd be shaky but the difference in skill between him and axel is staggering. are they around the same age? axel skates with so much power and confidence, this sort of reminds me of that kotr mystery guest a couple years back where Girl was supposed to get jason jessee but then got some random kid which was a huge waste of time/points, until navarette showed up in his place.
I'm wondering if they're just contriving a character arc for him. He's a bitch in the beginning but by the end he's grown or something.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »
Expand Quote
axel is the shit!

[close]
I'm wondering if they're just contriving a character arc for him. He's a bitch in the beginning but by the end he's grown or something.

100%, like hes not on axel's level but there is no way they would spend so much time roasting this kid with dramatic moments unless there was some kind of conclusion to it

sinclair was pretty cringey at first, but it seems like hes starting to realize that toy machine riders just enjoy skateboarding and don't have the edgy bro mentality that this kotr is trying to force on them. watching him try to get the toy team do the jackass style challenges reminds me a little of the last season of one in a million

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes toy machine the best on here. Tbh the chocolate team seems kinda lame that german guy with the white shades gets old real quick

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »
French Fred = that german guy with the white shades

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

4wheels

« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »
French Fred = that german guy with the white shades

Federico Vitetta is Italian

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »
axel is one of kids who dresses like there favorite skater, last year this time he was dylan reider. wave rider

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2016, 07:03:41 PM »
Never forget. Jah bless.

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2016, 07:43:25 PM »
axel is one of kids who dresses like there favorite skater, last year this time he was dylan reider. wave rider completely normal young skater
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

too much

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
These are great...Vice should do things other than KOTR with the same style...modern day metrospectives...or tour videos...45 min long...

Alex DeLarge

• Rep: 4
  • Nothing like mindless consumerism to fill the void
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2016, 08:11:01 PM »
Sucks that chocolate didn't bring Vincent Alvarez along, sickest dude. Anybody know why?

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
Never forget. Jah bless.

5 minutes into chilis and chill and he gives u this look

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2016, 06:19:23 AM »
axel is one of kids who dresses like there favorite skater, last year this time he was dylan reider. wave rider

last year this time they were filming this kotr

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »
These are great...Vice should do things other than KOTR with the same style...modern day metrospectives...or tour videos...45 min long...

They had a no-Salsa rule this year.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

too much

« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2016, 10:31:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They had a no-Salsa rule this year.

I don't get the salsa reference. What do you mean?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »
they needed a "meet a Slap Pal who talks shit on you" challenge

Wutdadealis

• Rep: 6
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2016, 10:10:03 PM »
Man, I know it's the just the old man in me talking here but I can't believe they let Raven fuck around like that. I mean it's not like people can really talk him out of it I guess but you're talking about a young guy who is extremely talented and very marketable. His potential net worth alone to the companies he rides for over the course of his career has got to be a fairly huge number and his teammates are egging him on with no helmet and no fucking shirt on to boot? Yikes.

It's not like on his board where he's a professional and he knows what he's doing, he looked unsteady as fuck on that thing. He was probably a few inches from going full Mike Mo. The whole thing made me feel super uneasy.

4wheels

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »
they needed a "meet a Slap Pal who talks shit on you" challenge
that would cause more stress to the pal than the skater

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2016, 06:09:55 AM »
Was Raven in a fraternity? He looks so much like a typical frat guy.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2016, 06:17:33 AM »
Man, I know it's the just the old man in me talking here but I can't believe they let Raven fuck around like that. I mean it's not like people can really talk him out of it I guess but you're talking about a young guy who is extremely talented and very marketable. His potential net worth alone to the companies he rides for over the course of his career has got to be a fairly huge number and his teammates are egging him on with no helmet and no fucking shirt on to boot? Yikes.

It's not like on his board where he's a professional and he knows what he's doing, he looked unsteady as fuck on that thing. He was probably a few inches from going full Mike Mo. The whole thing made me feel super uneasy.

He could seriously have died or went the Boulala/Cardiel way

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2016, 06:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He could seriously have died or went the Boulala/Cardiel way

He's super lucky he didn't get forever ruined with that bullshit.  It would've also ended KOTR forever.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
I'm kinda surprised everyone seems to be leaning towards Toy Machine. To me, they seem like the weakest, least diverse team, led by the man who's got a knack for running teams into the ground, and they've seemingly done way less than Birdhouse and Chocolate (even if it has been only a day). Also, I could totally see Elijah winning MVP. I'm not a fan of his parts, but I love seeing the crazy shit he's capable of doing (and doing well) on KOTR. Nose press BS 360 and the Mariano ledge trick in the same session/day (I think) is pretty nutty.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.