Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104452 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »
Any links to the new episode? http://thewatchseries.to/serie/king_of_the_road doesn't seem to have any yet.  :(

its on there now, are they are of those sites you don't have to sign up for?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

shit_for_brains

« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »
Expand Quote
im kinda boggled that trujillo and duffel afford to live in SF
[close]
i thought duffman is oakland, and hasnt tnt had like 6 pro shoes for vans. he can afford it

TNT must be killing it to have a house like that in SF. Duffel lives in Walnut Creek I think.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2016, 10:44:35 PM »
Walnut creek isn't exactly cheap

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2016, 08:49:38 AM »
i like that j.casanova hasn't done anything in this episode, except for sleeping on tnt's couch haha

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2016, 10:40:31 PM »
Yeah, I wish they didn't dwell on the cooking/baking shit from this and the last episode but these are still great. I liked seeing Heath piss his pants. Also, I was lurking Heath's sister's instagram and found a pic of him holding her baby: His mom is the lady with the sunglasses on her head. That is all.

Dude... Time to go skate or something

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2016, 10:58:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i thought duffman is oakland, and hasnt tnt had like 6 pro shoes for vans. he can afford it
[close]

TNT must be killing it to have a house like that in SF. Duffel lives in Walnut Creek I think.

TNT probably got a place in SF when it was cheaper. He's been here for a minute. But having Vans money is good money too.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
Duffel has owned his house in Walnut Creek forever, and Trujillo has probably been in that place for a while too. Along with that, both make a lot of money as top level pro skaters.

I liked the heckle the yuppies challenge. Those fucks are everywhere and are ruining everything, the way things are going right now in SF, talking shit to yuppies is part of the culture. Fuck them, they'll be ok, but that shit was funny to me.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2016, 05:36:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Any links to the new episode? http://thewatchseries.to/serie/king_of_the_road doesn't seem to have any yet.  :(
[close]

its on there now, are they are of those sites you don't have to sign up for?

Vodlocker and Gorillavid tend to be decent and don't require a sign up. You're also probably better off using Chrome and downloading a free adblocker from the chrome store, cuz those sites are layered in ads.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2016, 06:18:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

TNT probably got a place in SF when it was cheaper. He's been here for a minute. But having Vans money is good money too.

When? The 70s?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2016, 08:48:11 AM »
Duffel has owned his house in Walnut Creek forever, and Trujillo has probably been in that place for a while too. Along with that, both make a lot of money as top level pro skaters.

I liked the heckle the yuppies challenge. Those fucks are everywhere and are ruining everything, the way things are going right now in SF, talking shit to yuppies is part of the culture. Fuck them, they'll be ok, but that shit was funny to me.
People got heckled for their collars and for being in an internet café. It was dumb.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2016, 09:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
People got heckled for their collars and for being in an internet caf�. It was dumb.
...in the traditionally black and latino low-income mission district. Their existence there pushed others who couldn't afford to move out. Their existence there has created the huge homeless encampments, their existence there is replacing traditionally family owned stores with internet cafes and tech incubators. Their existence there is destroying a cultural enclave, and doing it with a sense of pride and entitlement.  You don't know the entire context of the situation, but I'm not surprised, you don't live out here. I do, so I got it, because that was clearly a challenge/joke that was locally focused, and no, those weren't just poor random people in a random neighborhood in an internet cafe.
And don't worry, those poor poor victims will be ok as they return to their $8000/month apartment that used to be a family's home.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2016, 09:07:10 AM »
OHHHHHHHH! I just got it! A lot of you ARE yuppies and don't like how your identity is being mocked by skateboarders. "I can still be a raw street skater and then focus on nothing but getting rich sitting in an office all day!!!"
nope, you can't, and that's okay.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
People got heckled for their collars and for being in an internet caf�. It was dumb.
[close]
...in the traditionally black and latino low-income mission district. Their existence there pushed others who couldn't afford to move out. Their existence there has created the huge homeless encampments, their existence there is replacing traditionally family owned stores with internet cafes and tech incubators. Their existence there is destroying a cultural enclave, and doing it with a sense of pride and entitlement.  You don't know the entire context of the situation, but I'm not surprised, you don't live out here. I do, so I got it, because that was clearly a challenge/joke that was locally focused, and no, those weren't just poor random people in a random neighborhood in an internet cafe.
And don't worry, those poor poor victims will be ok as they return to their $8000/month apartment that used to be a family's home.

Holy shit! Are those the actual prices? (I have no idea about the price of rent in USA, even less in SF)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »
those are not internet cafes u guys cmon
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Holy shit! Are those the actual prices? (I have no idea about the price of rent in USA, even less in SF)
not average, but I bet plenty of places in this former low-income area do actually go for that now, as those yuppies have made the neighborhood go from one of the cheapest areas in a relatively reasonable rental market to the most expensive in an unreasonable market.

and yeah, that was some yuppie coffee shop. Want another glimpse at SF yuppie shittiness? Here's the type of thing they sell there:
http://www.7x7.com/blue-bottle-sells-port-of-mokha-coffee-for-16-a-cup-and-its-worth-ever-1849482092.html

This isn't them hating on somebody making $60,000 a year for getting any kind of professional job, SF yuppies are something special, and deserve constant heckling at minimum.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
not average, but I bet plenty of places in this former low-income area do actually go for that now, as those yuppies have made the neighborhood go from one of the cheapest areas in a relatively reasonable rental market to the most expensive in an unreasonable market.

and yeah, that was some yuppie coffee shop. Want another glimpse at SF yuppie shittiness? Here's the type of thing they sell there:
http://www.7x7.com/blue-bottle-sells-port-of-mokha-coffee-for-16-a-cup-and-its-worth-ever-1849482092.html

This isn't them hating on somebody making $60,000 a year for getting any kind of professional job, SF yuppies are something special, and deserve constant heckling at minimum.

Holy shit 16 for a coffee? That's like my monthly budget on coffee. I would probably hate on them if I lived in SF.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:57 AM »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:18 PM »
i watched the episode a few days ago but i kind of felt like it was a PC way to gay bash people

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2016, 01:54:03 PM »
nah dude, yuppies are displacing gay people too.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
that should be a presidents campaign or something "dump the yuppies 2016"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that should be a presidents campaign or something "dump the yuppies 2016"
Sanders wasn't too far off from that...

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else think, along with Clint Walker, that Mike Davis is a jock douche?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »
^yes, and also clive dixon. i like how burnett called him a jock for trying the trick at 3rd and army at the same time.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2016, 01:14:27 PM »
^yes, and also clive dixon. i like how burnett called him a jock for trying the trick at 3rd and army at the same time.
no he didn't. he said it was a jockish challenge, and Burnett was the one who created it. He called himself a jock.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
i may be misremembering but i thought he said it wasnt his intention to have two dudes trying the tricks at the same time, and that was the jockish part

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #325 on: June 14, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »
i may be misremembering but i thought he said it wasnt his intention to have two dudes trying the tricks at the same time, and that was the jockish part
He said this kind of behavior in general is frowned upon so this is weird and jockish.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: June 14, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He said this kind of behavior in general is frowned upon so this is weird and jockish.
yeah, I think his point is that this wouldn't happen usually, but the competition was set up in a way where it was inevitable. Later birdhouse and Chocolate were skating that gnarly rail at the same time too.

bo golden

« Reply #327 on: June 14, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
Does Andy Roy act like that all the time?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »
Last night's episode:

I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

4wheels

« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
j. casanova actually coming through haha. funny everyone ate shit the same way trying to drop in on the circle board. are the challenges normally this dangerous or does it seem more dangerous now because we get a behind the scenes look at things.