Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104480 times)

thomas kook

Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2016, 07:49:09 AM »
Axel is soo sick...Toy Machine should definitely put him on am

lol at no Ben in the episode at all. wanted to see birdhouse skate more of San Jose.

Totally forgot how Ben and Jaws used to ride for I-Path  :D

:P

DrCockNballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #361 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »
The birdhouse guys really are a bunch of jitbags. Specifically that neanderthal clint walker. I was pretty bummed when I realized he didn't really rip his torso open.

Whoever said it was right, it's basically toy and chocolate vs birdhouse. God I hope birdhouse doesn't win.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #362 on: June 24, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
Either way, even if Birdhouse wins 3x in a row, it's not as special as zero three peat because Birdhouse never won against 3 other teams.  That being said, I respect the fact that they're in it to win. It makes it alot more entertaining to see a team doing everything in their capacities to win and handicap their opponents. Even if it means burning bridges within the industry.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #363 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Axel is soo sick...Toy Machine should definitely put him on am

lol at no Ben in the episode at all. wanted to see birdhouse skate more of San Jose.

Totally forgot how Ben and Jaws used to ride for I-Path  :D
[close]

:P
Yep soo stoked they put him on this week

pinch a loaf

« Reply #364 on: June 24, 2016, 12:52:33 PM »
Birdhouse SUCKS. They find a 20ft rope to cheat the jumprope ollie. And Mike Davis' shuvit to land on another board, didn't land on another board, but they count that bullshit.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #365 on: June 24, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
Either way, even if Birdhouse wins 3x in a row, it's not as special as zero three peat because Birdhouse never won against 3 other teams.  That being said, I respect the fact that they're in it to win. It makes it alot more entertaining to see a team doing everything in their capacities to win and handicap their opponents. Even if it means burning bridges within the industry.

what bridges are they buring?

its going to come down to birdhouse or toy machine. i feel like the only one pulling any weight on chocolate is elijah. justin eldridge rode a bike and stevie did what, two tricks so far?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #366 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »
Wow!! without Elijah Chocolate wouldn't even stand a chance. He literraly carrying all the weight.

That pop shuv to board down the stairs by Birdhouse shouldn't count.

Axel is gnarly.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #367 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »
Wow!! without Elijah Chocolate wouldn't even stand a chance. He literraly carrying all the weight.

Axel is gnarly.
Raven is putting in work too but elijah is def the mvp of that team.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #368 on: June 24, 2016, 02:05:02 PM »

Axel is gnarly.

He did a fs shuv too.  It's stupid to get hung up on terminology bc it's the same move but pop shove are a specific trick bc no one has ever called them bs shove it's. 

Also, I'm feeling really bad for Duquan.  Chocolate is giving him all the chances to step up but he can't come through. 

Steve Buscemi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #369 on: June 24, 2016, 02:08:01 PM »
Is Blake Carpenter injured or something? Seems like he hasn't done shit the whole trip.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: June 24, 2016, 02:26:29 PM »
Is Blake Carpenter injured or something? Seems like he hasn't done shit the whole trip.

he did do the caveman darkslide at clipper, but yeah he and a lot of the guys like stevie perez seem like theyre just chilling.  i think birdhouse wins bc they seem like they all contribute equally, though we haven't seen much of raybourn as they've left the pacific northwest

too much

« Reply #371 on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:42 PM »
Elijah Berle talking shit to Clint Walker directly into the camera was one of the best things ever.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #372 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he did do the caveman darkslide at clipper, but yeah he and a lot of the guys like stevie perez seem like theyre just chilling.  i think birdhouse wins bc they seem like they all contribute equally, though we haven't seen much of raybourn as they've left the pacific northwest
He did the fakie boardslide to fakie and switch feeble.

Axel's nosegrind onto the board was insane.

Heath's impossible lipslide was as ungross as that trick could ever be.

I'm liking the mud-slingin and I can't wait to see Billy fight Clint. I don't hate Clint as much as everyone else but I hope Billy wins.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #373 on: June 24, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
Elijah Berle talking shit to Clint Walker directly into the camera was one of the best things ever.

He's earned my respect by using 'man bun having' to talk shit.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: June 24, 2016, 11:29:22 PM »
How soon until someone goes over the top on a Sylmae rail

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »
Billy Marks is fucking funny. He's like that one friend that no matter how good a time everyone's having he's still bitter or mad about something. I thought at the start he was just putting on a show for the camera or he was shy, but it seems like him and sinclair really are an old married couple, and Billy is fucking awesome would love to hang w that guy i would get under his skin so fucking fast hahaha.

I'm still voting for Toy Machine...

But Eli......holly shit. I always knew he was super good, but not like this. He is such a fucking beast. Making the rest of chocolate look like a bunch of pussies.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #376 on: June 25, 2016, 08:47:45 AM »
Eli rips but I never cared about him much for some reason. I'm a fan after watching him in these episodes, he kills everything and seems like a cool dude. I've always liked Clint but I can see why some people don't like him. Sabotaging spots is nothing new on kotr but because it was Clint everybody loses their shit. Grease is not that bad and can easily be cleaned up. It seems like the next one could be the final episode. Can't wait to see the fight.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:49:36 AM by winecrab »

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:48 AM »
Elijah and Raven are pulling the weight in Chocolate team.

From videos I have seen, I like Clint, he seems to be a nice guy. KOTR is a competition with some rules, and there isn't a rule that would forbid sabotaging spots. Extra credit to Collin for pulling the pole jam ollie with quick ollie onto plywood plate.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #378 on: June 25, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
toy machine should just fuckin put forrest on why the fuck not no doubt in my mind he'd PUSH WOOD

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #379 on: June 25, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
toy machine should just fuckin put forrest on why the fuck not no doubt in my mind he'd PUSH WOOD
They really should.  Axel is their only am.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »
sinclair i know you're reading this put forrest on or i will fuck u up mother fucker i will play with your little penis dude i swear

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
Axels nosegrind to land on another board was amazing, his board landed all four wheels on the other board not in axel stall or anything just perfectly on top of it.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
After watching king of the road its pretty clear why clint is the only pro skateboarder these days who doesn't have a shoe deal, he doesn't bring a good image to a team in my opinion, Axel and elijah are both so good and putting out so many tricks throughout such a short time period

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
After watching king of the road its pretty clear why clint is the only pro skateboarder these days who doesn't have a shoe deal, he doesn't bring a good image to a team in my opinion, Axel and elijah are both so good and putting out so many tricks throughout such a short time period

Sid from Toy Story grown up.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sid from Toy Story grown up.

i think the competition gets to clint and he turns into a bit of a jock, but i saw him at a demo before and he was super nice to everyone. signed everything kids put in front of him, even when he was trying to skate, shook hands and took photos with whoever wanted. his board slipped out and hit a little kid really hard, then clint went to the van and came back with a brand new board for the kid. i know ive told that story a million times on here, but its because i think clint gets a worse rep than he deserves.

its going to be sick to see who gets mvp. elijah, axel and jaws have all been killing it really hard.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2016, 09:59:23 PM »
Although it's harder, toy still had the option to find another spot or skip the challenge. Its fucking cool to have challenge were you yell at strangers or piss in public, but making points harder for the other team means your an asshole? Yu don't like skaters acting like jocks, don't enter competitions.

Hope axel got mvp but won't be mad if Elijah gets it.
I still want birdhouse to win, But didn't jaws already kick flip melon that stair? I do feel like you shouldn't get a highest or biggest award for some shit you did before.

Also why does Sinclair get so much screen time?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2016, 10:09:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
these women really love sucking each others saliva off an awkward guys lips. jereme is definitely paying them to add extra pixels to his junk. you can see he has nothing hanging from all those sus close up butt shot angles though
[close]
dude, you gotta get laid or something.
[close]
you mean like with a finger in my ass next time? i just think it's weird so many different times women are kissing these guys back to back with their friends. would you kiss the same girl after she just kissed 3 of your friends?
[close]
yes and yes, don't be so victorian.

Lie back and think of pole jams

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:08 PM »

Because he's talkative.  He also seems to get that there are some things that skaters watching the show will get right away, but people unfamiliar with skating won't really understand and tries to explain them.

I agree with people saying that Raven and Elijah are carrying Chocolate.  I know Eldridge was sick, but then do the non-skating challenges.  I don't know what Stevie is doing.  KOTR is not a new thing at this point.  If you agree to do it, you know what you're getting into so if you're not going to try stuff, why say yes?  You'd think they'd be kinda like Heath and feel bad for not doing stuff.

I'd throw Johnny in there too as helping to carry Chocolate.  He's battling a lot of stuff and even though he's not always riding away, he is still giving it a try and seems down to do non-skating challenges to get points as well.  If Thrasher gives Birdhouse that front shove board land challenge, then they had better count that 50-50 where he lands and rides into the planter.  I think it would be cool too if he gets that front board kickflip out on one of the last days, not just for the points, but because it seems like he put in a lot of effort for it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2016, 11:43:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Because he's talkative.  He also seems to get that there are some things that skaters watching the show will get right away, but people unfamiliar with skating won't really understand and tries to explain them.

I agree with people saying that Raven and Elijah are carrying Chocolate.  I know Eldridge was sick, but then do the non-skating challenges.  I don't know what Stevie is doing.  KOTR is not a new thing at this point.  If you agree to do it, you know what you're getting into so if you're not going to try stuff, why say yes?  You'd think they'd be kinda like Heath and feel bad for not doing stuff.

I'd throw Johnny in there too as helping to carry Chocolate.  He's battling a lot of stuff and even though he's not always riding away, he is still giving it a try and seems down to do non-skating challenges to get points as well.  If Thrasher gives Birdhouse that front shove board land challenge, then they had better count that 50-50 where he lands and rides into the planter.  I think it would be cool too if he gets that front board kickflip out on one of the last days, not just for the points, but because it seems like he put in a lot of effort for it.

I felt for him on that planter slam. It's one of those worst case scenario slams in surprised I hadn't seen before.  I remember that 18 stair that Temps lipslid that Arto did a bunch of tricks down had a planter right at the bottom too

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2016, 01:21:32 AM »
am I the only one who saw Rhino hand Clint the grease and tell him to do it despite his hesitance? I did think Elijah's response was funny as hell though. Not sure exactly how one cleans grease off of cement like that though.

Also, its so fucking rad the while toy machine used  a wood roll-in, and birdhouse rolled down the side, Elijah was just repeatedly backside grinding the rail before it to get his speed. That grind got him nothing in terms of points or anything, he just wanted to throw that grind in. That's rad.

another totally unrelated thought, I think it would be cool if thrasher added like overkill points or something for people who went way beyond what a challenge asked for. I saw Axel trying that half cab boardslide down like a 25 stair rail and thought it was rad he was doing a trick that was in the book for like a 9 stair down a rail that big. It could help avoid the "point grubbing" thing
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out