Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104479 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2016, 01:53:21 AM »
am I the only one who saw Rhino hand Clint the grease and tell him to do it despite his hesitance? I did think Elijah's response was funny as hell though. Not sure exactly how one cleans grease off of cement like that though.

Also, its so fucking rad the while toy machine used  a wood roll-in, and birdhouse rolled down the side, Elijah was just repeatedly backside grinding the rail before it to get his speed. That grind got him nothing in terms of points or anything, he just wanted to throw that grind in. That's rad.

another totally unrelated thought, I think it would be cool if thrasher added like overkill points or something for people who went way beyond what a challenge asked for. I saw Axel trying that half cab boardslide down like a 25 stair rail and thought it was rad he was doing a trick that was in the book for like a 9 stair down a rail that big. It could help avoid the "point grubbing" thing

Agreed!  Also, what a weird trick to be trying down such a large set!  We're there flat stoppers on it too?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #391 on: June 26, 2016, 06:59:13 AM »
If they give chocolate that horrible 5050 bigspin at 3rd and army, and that nollie big inward heel, than johnnys 5050 and birdhouse shove should count.

Righteous Victim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2016, 07:20:47 AM »
If they give chocolate that horrible 5050 bigspin at 3rd and army, and that nollie big inward heel, than johnnys 5050 and birdhouse shove should count.
The Birdhouse shove-it was not at all what was supposed to happen. Don't compare it to some sloppy landings and hand drags.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #393 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:07 AM »
I was fearing the vice thing would be shit, but I'm really happy about the format, I love all the behind the scenes, you get to know better the skaters, but also the staff.
Frederico Vitella makes me laugh everytime he speaks. I love that 40 years old funny and pervy attitude, he is pushing the skaters the right way.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #394 on: June 26, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »
am I the only one who saw Rhino hand Clint the grease and tell him to do it despite his hesitance? I did think Elijah's response was funny as hell though. Not sure exactly how one cleans grease off of cement like that though.

Also, its so fucking rad the while toy machine used  a wood roll-in, and birdhouse rolled down the side, Elijah was just repeatedly backside grinding the rail before it to get his speed. That grind got him nothing in terms of points or anything, he just wanted to throw that grind in. That's rad.

another totally unrelated thought, I think it would be cool if thrasher added like overkill points or something for people who went way beyond what a challenge asked for. I saw Axel trying that half cab boardslide down like a 25 stair rail and thought it was rad he was doing a trick that was in the book for like a 9 stair down a rail that big. It could help avoid the "point grubbing" thing

Agree on all these points, Clint is getting a lot of hate for what he got pushed into. 

It was kind of lame to see in Rob Wooton's No Hotels part that the grease is still all over the place. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2016, 07:47:14 AM »
What's a good video hosting website to watch the full vice episodes that you don't need to create an account for?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2016, 08:07:32 AM »
thewatchseries.to just click on the episode and then click on the gorilla link. Been using that site for a while.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2016, 08:55:20 AM »
Jereme is carrying the chocolate team.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2016, 10:50:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Birdhouse shove-it was not at all what was supposed to happen. Don't compare it to some sloppy landings and hand drags.

Neither deserve points

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »
so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here but in the full Viceland episode Jaws counts out the stairset at the blue rail he grinds as 25 stairs, he shows that he's 25, and then grinds it for the "skate a rail with the same stair count as your age" challenge. But in the Youtube version it says he gets that challenge and the "skate a rail over 30 stairs" challenge. So he would either be grinding a 30 stair and not grinding a rail with the same stair count as his age, or the other way around. How does he get both challenges at once?

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
Like I said

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here but in the full Viceland episode Jaws counts out the stairset at the blue rail he grinds as 25 stairs, he shows that he's 25, and then grinds it for the "skate a rail with the same stair count as your age" challenge. But in the Youtube version it says he gets that challenge and the "skate a rail over 30 stairs" challenge. So he would either be grinding a 30 stair and not grinding a rail with the same stair count as his age, or the other way around. How does he get both challenges at once?

Yeah, I wondered that too.  It had to have been a mistake.  I was thinking it was a bomb a dirt hill challenge since the roll away was a dirt hill and they just put up the wrong challenge? 

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Also, its so fucking rad the while toy machine used� a wood roll-in, and birdhouse rolled down the side, Elijah was just repeatedly backside grinding the rail before it to get his speed. That grind got him nothing in terms of points or anything, he just wanted to throw that grind in. That's rad.

[close]

Agree on all these points, Clint is getting a lot of hate for what he got pushed into.�

It was kind of lame to see in Rob Wooton's No Hotels part that the grease is still all over the place.�

I have to take back some stuff I said about Clint cause it is true he gets told to do a good amount of the things people see as stupid and you can tell heath isn't down with the grease idea while rhino is telling clint to do it.

Had to go watch rob wooton's new part and sucks to see the grease still there but at least its skate able now

too much

« Reply #403 on: June 26, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
There is a reason he's asked to do it...when no one is a douche bag in the van, everyone is asked to....but it's always directed toward Clint...he is the go to douche...did you not see the Jaws vs Lyon video or last year's KOTR or whatever year they went to skatetopia? And the beard, man bun, and tight jeans, ugh dude is a LA hipster to the 9th degree. Go get a kevita and kale salad you dumbfuck. Take some charcoal pills and wash your hands with cucumber lavender soap.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #404 on: June 26, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Neither deserve points
Elijah's 50-50 bigspin was in a race, so I can see how they'd let it slide, and I definitely remember some KOTR sequences running with hands down and toe drags. I don't think it's an issue as long as the skater in question rolls away. As for Johnny's 50-50, it's a tricky grey area, but between the sack-to-scorpion and Raven's concussion, Chocolate probably has best slam in the bag. As for Birdhouse, that front shove (and doing tricks that you already did next to someone twerking) is straight point grubbing.

I'm curious as to see how many points Elijah's racked up, he handled three 150 point tricks (more than any one person, I think) and what seems like a few "Highest, Longest, Most". He should get extra points for calling out Clint Walker and his man bun.

Also, you guys realize that there's a fair bit of skating that ends up exclusively in the Thrasher episodes? I thought it was odd Vice didn't include Blake Carpenter's selfie stick nollie crooks in this one.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #405 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:31 AM »
There is a reason he's asked to do it...when no one is a douche bag in the van, everyone is asked to....but it's always directed toward Clint...he is the go to douche...did you not see the Jaws vs Lyon video or last year's KOTR or whatever year they went to skatetopia? And the beard, man bun, and tight jeans, ugh dude is a LA hipster to the 9th degree. Go get a kevita and kale salad you dumbfuck. Take some charcoal pills and wash your hands with cucumber lavender soap.
You have a point there, people ask the guy they think is most likely to come through, but he comes of to me way more as an Oklahoma "good ol' boy" than LA douche.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: June 27, 2016, 07:15:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You have a point there, people ask the guy they think is most likely to come through, but he comes of to me way more as an Oklahoma "good ol' boy" than LA douche.

LA douches come from somewhere...

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #407 on: June 27, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
jaws kickflip melon isnt point grubbing at all. its not about doing something youve never done. he couldve easily done it off something way smaller, like a van or something, but instead he went off a giant set of stairs and flipped his board. it doesnt matter if he already did that trick, its still gnarlier than ollieing off the van inside a skatepark. plus he didnt need j cass's groupies to come twerk for him. he just found that chick off the street. if anything they should get more points because she had her kids there.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »
My friend stated that Clint is the new Bam with his accents and over pronounced accent and now that's all I can think of when I see him on the show.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:25 AM »
My friend stated that Clint is the new Bam with his accents and over pronounced accent and now that's all I can think of when I see him on the show.

Also, the accents

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #410 on: June 27, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »

"Fuck, why do I have to do it?" "Because you're the captain, common just do it". We get it, you don't like Clint, no need to try to justify it by saying dumb shit. Seems like a nice dude who isn't afraid of being himself and he always speaks his mind without giving a fuck about what people think which is refreshing.

After I watched the last episode I popped in the kotr 2012 dvd, the best kotr in recent years. The creature dudes skate a diy bank to concrete barrier and then destroyed it with a sledge hammer. I don't remember anyone giving a fuck about that. Btw Leo and Collin killed it that year. The vice episodes are the best, you get hours worth of footage. When they release the final episode I'm gonna download them all and burn it into a dvd.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #411 on: June 27, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
Jaws did kickflip stale. Not melon. Unless he did kickflip melon in some other video I'm forgetting...

3:17

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #412 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »
So much bickering on whether dudes are douches or not. Dudes are douches. End of discussion. Billy's statements about how they'd be psyched if Chocolate won, but bummed if Birdhouse won says it all.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
So much bickering on whether dudes are douches or not. Dudes are douches. End of discussion. Billy's statements about how they'd be psyched if Chocolate won, but bummed if Birdhouse won says it all.

you need a villain for these things... put Forrest on birdhouse!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #414 on: June 27, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah....LA.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
« Reply #415 on: June 27, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also, the accents

Ahaha shit. Damn dude you got me. I think I meant to type antics or something.

But for real how about those accents?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #416 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »
There's so much good stuff in here

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2016, 04:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.

yup, notoriously transplant-free los angeles.   

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2016, 05:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Also, the accents
[close]

Ahaha shit. Damn dude you got me. I think I meant to type antics or something.

But for real how about those accents?

those accents are haggard.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
There's so much good stuff in here

Damn, Koston really is GOAT.