Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104485 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2016, 09:45:09 AM »
So, Birdhouse is kind of like the new Zero but with a jock mentality? I remember JT saying why would they go on it if they weren't going to win. Birdhouse seems to have the same mentality however they're not above playing dirty and greasing spots. Is that violating KOTR ethics or something? Creature did sledgehammer that spot on one KOTR but no one seemed to care about that. People built shit to skate at spots to on past KOTR's too.

As long as it's entertaining and has good skating I'm cool with it. Glad Vice didn't turn it into some disaster like that last OIAM.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2016, 03:10:16 PM »
So, Birdhouse is kind of like the new Zero but with a jock mentality? I remember JT saying why would they go on it if they weren't going to win. Birdhouse seems to have the same mentality however they're not above playing dirty and greasing spots. Is that violating KOTR ethics or something? Creature did sledgehammer that spot on one KOTR but no one seemed to care about that. People built shit to skate at spots to on past KOTR's too.

As long as it's entertaining and has good skating I'm cool with it. Glad Vice didn't turn it into some disaster like that last OIAM.

Toy Machine clearly has a want to win mentality this year.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Well each team has to bring their own film crew, the filmers on the last OIAM weren't skate filmers...more like reality show filmers.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am I the only one who saw Rhino hand Clint the grease and tell him to do it despite his hesitance? I did think Elijah's response was funny as hell though. Not sure exactly how one cleans grease off of cement like that though.

Also, its so fucking rad the while toy machine used� a wood roll-in, and birdhouse rolled down the side, Elijah was just repeatedly backside grinding the rail before it to get his speed. That grind got him nothing in terms of points or anything, he just wanted to throw that grind in. That's rad.

another totally unrelated thought, I think it would be cool if thrasher added like overkill points or something for people who went way beyond what a challenge asked for. I saw Axel trying that half cab boardslide down like a 25 stair rail and thought it was rad he was doing a trick that was in the book for like a 9 stair down a rail that big. It could help avoid the "point grubbing" thing
[close]

Agree on all these points, Clint is getting a lot of hate for what he got pushed into.�

It was kind of lame to see in Rob Wooton's No Hotels part that the grease is still all over the place.�

[close]

I have to take back some stuff I said about Clint cause it is true he gets told to do a good amount of the things people see as stupid and you can tell heath isn't down with the grease idea while rhino is telling clint to do it.

Had to go watch rob wooton's new part and sucks to see the grease still there but at least its skate able now
I didn't notice that. You can hear him say "that's horrible."

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »
that nollie into a hurricane deserves more recognition.  especially because I hate when fakie feebles are called fakie hurricanes.

and tell me that Jaws' dad doesn't look like Rorschach unmasked (new ep)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #425 on: July 01, 2016, 04:29:55 PM »
Forest chasing Sinclair with shaving cream made me smile.

Looks like the fights are happening next week.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »
anybody got that MegaShare link, or Gorilla Share or whatever it was?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »
Forest chasing Sinclair with shaving cream made me smile.

Looks like the fights are happening next week.

Just from the short clip it appears Clint Walker fucks up someone on chocolate on a boardslide, and continues to be the ultimate douchebag.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #428 on: July 01, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
related instagram posts on the fight, has this been posted on this thread yet?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
I hate how the Birdhouse dudes all have to pose in the background of a Jaws stunt like they're somehow contributing.

Dan Lu continues to be one of my favorites with the monster 5050
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2016, 06:24:21 PM »
I hate how the Birdhouse dudes all have to pose in the background of a Jaws stunt like they're somehow contributing.

i think they do it just in case they are covers, or lead photos for their article

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »
i never would have imagined that I'd ever see footage of JCass grinding pool coping. Woah

im probably lying

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »
I'm sure it's all fake drama or whatever but yeah Clint Walker comes off as the biggest fuckboi of all time

Also what's up with bob burnquist's voice did his balls finally drop?

Toy Machine and Chocolate seem cool and funny
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

pinch a loaf

« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
Jaws is awesome

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2016, 08:56:46 PM »
Elijah's "Fuck Birdhouse" shirt was awesome.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »
Anyone else think Burnett's voice sounds exactly like Aaron Kyro?

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2016, 03:13:36 AM »
related instagram posts on the fight, has this been posted on this thread yet?

Looks staged?

Ciderpig

• Rep: 23
« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i think they do it just in case they are covers, or lead photos for their article

Yeah no shit, that's my point exactly.  Jaws is the one getting down, why ruin his photo by being "funny?"
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah no shit, that's my point exactly.  Jaws is the one getting down, why ruin his photo by being "funny?"

yeah, it's so lame to do that thing they always do...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There is a reason he's asked to do it...when no one is a douche bag in the van, everyone is asked to....but it's always directed toward Clint...he is the go to douche...did you not see the Jaws vs Lyon video or last year's KOTR or whatever year they went to skatetopia? And the beard, man bun, and tight jeans, ugh dude is a LA hipster to the 9th degree. Go get a kevita and kale salad you dumbfuck. Take some charcoal pills and wash your hands with cucumber lavender soap.
[close]
You have a point there, people ask the guy they think is most likely to come through, but he comes of to me way more as an Oklahoma "good ol' boy" than LA douche.
[close]

LA douches come from somewhere...
[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

yup, notoriously transplant-free los angeles.   
Not saying there aren't transplants. Every big city has transplants. I'm saying everybody knows somebody who was chill, then moved to LA, and became a specific kind of douche. Some are born there, others are made there, but LA douches come from LA.

And the Clint/Billy fight looks like some sort of set up...are those photos really what make people think there was a fight?

Finally, what the fuck happened to Raybourn? He was killing it at the beginning, and in the last episode birdhouse skated Bob's backyard and the loop at birdhouse and there wasn't a single clip of him skating either? Ben did a natural loop in the last one, and there was a ton of shit at "dreamland" that he could have killed. Did he get hurt or something? It just seems weird that he would be so down to shred at the beginning, then fade entirely...maybe he came out too strong and are sore now?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There is a reason he's asked to do it...when no one is a douche bag in the van, everyone is asked to....but it's always directed toward Clint...he is the go to douche...did you not see the Jaws vs Lyon video or last year's KOTR or whatever year they went to skatetopia? And the beard, man bun, and tight jeans, ugh dude is a LA hipster to the 9th degree. Go get a kevita and kale salad you dumbfuck. Take some charcoal pills and wash your hands with cucumber lavender soap.
[close]
You have a point there, people ask the guy they think is most likely to come through, but he comes of to me way more as an Oklahoma "good ol' boy" than LA douche.
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

[close]
Not saying there aren't transplants. Every big city has transplants. I'm saying everybody knows somebody who was chill, then moved to LA, and became a specific kind of douche. Some are born there, others are made there, but LA douches come from LA.

And the Clint/Billy fight looks like some sort of set up...are those photos really what make people think there was a fight?

Finally, what the fuck happened to Raybourn? He was killing it at the beginning, and in the last episode birdhouse skated Bob's backyard and the loop at birdhouse and there wasn't a single clip of him skating either? Ben did a natural loop in the last one, and there was a ton of shit at "dreamland" that he could have killed. Did he get hurt or something? It just seems weird that he would be so down to shred at the beginning, then fade entirely...maybe he came out too strong and are sore now?

he has like two clips in the thrasher one, which if you haven't been watching, you're missing challenges. Some one in the thread said he got really sick from edibles.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

[close]

[close]

he has like two clips in the thrasher one, which if you haven't been watching, you're missing challenges. Some one in the thread said he got really sick from edibles.
oh shit. I gotta check them out I guess, I figured the thrasher ones were just condensed versions of the episodes.
Also, because I find it funny....
Clint Walker pre-LA:

Clint Walker now:

Jereme Rogers pre-LA:

Jereme Rogers now:

Nyjah pre-LA:

Nyjah now:
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »
That picture of Jereme reminded me of this:

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2016, 11:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
oh shit. I gotta check them out I guess, I figured the thrasher ones were just condensed versions of the episodes.
Clint Walker pre-LA:

Clint Walker now:

Jereme Rogers pre-LA:

Jereme Rogers now:

Nyjah pre-LA:

Nyjah now:

Nyah lives in San Juan Capistrano in Orange County...but I was saying LA douches do come from LA but they are typically the people who move to LA from out of state and feel like they have to put on some kind of cool guy costume to fit in. This isn't anecdotal, I've seen the sad decline one too many times. 

First they started wearing denim button-ups and I said nothing...

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2016, 11:28:38 PM »
Jaws seems like such an awesome human. He just wants to fly

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2016, 01:32:09 AM »
Heath going up to Jaws dad telling him his son is a freak was gold.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #448 on: July 04, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Clint Walker pre-LA:

Clint Walker now:

Jereme Rogers pre-LA:

Jereme Rogers now:

Nyjah pre-LA:

Nyjah now:

I can't tell if you're being serious with this one but posting pictures of kids 15-18 and then posting pictures of them in their 20s does not back up your argument at all. Thats around the time people grow up and go through a lot of changes, no matter where they live.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: July 04, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah....LA.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Clint Walker pre-LA:

Clint Walker now:

Jereme Rogers pre-LA:

Jereme Rogers now:

Nyjah pre-LA:

Nyjah now:

[close]

I can't tell if you're being serious with this one but posting pictures of kids 15-18 and then posting pictures of them in their 20s does not back up your argument at all. Thats around the time people grow up and go through a lot of changes, no matter where they live.

especially the context - one is a premiere, the other is at a rave, jereme i can't excuse but he does dress more like i'd imagine an ice dealer in Tennessee does and an example of LA