Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104467 times)

basedshaman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #480 on: July 08, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
Fuck Clint.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »
Clint is so fucking gay he made jereme Rogers seem cool.

Raven knda jockish as well but I think that's cause hes a little slow.

Mike Davis also seems dumb as fuck, has that annoying local-skatepark-trash personality.

Johnny Jones is Duquan and Raven is his Michael.  Sherm is Randy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
Professional skateboarders sabotaging tricks, slashing tires, fighting / threatening each other, and then denying one another hospitality... that episode kinda took a turn for the worse. Major bummer to have talented dudes vibe each other out at a spot, kinda takes away from the stoke of skateboarding.

Perhaps this is just a result of the act of bringing competition into skateboarding. It makes for good entertainment, but anyone who has ever had beef with someone else knows it's not a pleasant feeling.

It's like vultures chomping at the bits of a freshly killed carcass.

Then again this was the result of a situation where first come is first served, who ever rolled away from a challenge was the winner. Andy Roy said it was a war and wars are never fun.

Horses chomp (champ is preferred) at the bit, which is the thing in their mouth

if you paid attention, everyone there is trying to have it be mellow and hospitable - except Clint takes it upon himself to be Ben Affleck in Dazed and Confused and rightly gets his comeuppance (or at least near public shaming) after antagonizing everyone for two weeks.

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #483 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »
I always pictured David Loy as more of a PT cruiser type of guy

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »
if you paid attention, everyone there is trying to have it be mellow and hospitable

When you put it that way, stabbing a fellow skater's car tire is pretty mellow.

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: July 08, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
On a side note I think Kershaw knives just found their new team rider

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
Am i tripping but didn't Raven start it by sitting on the ledge first before clint messed lil Johnny's board?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2016, 11:23:12 PM »
I always pictured David Loy as more of a PT cruiser type of guy

He was just their uber driver

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2016, 11:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
if you paid attention, everyone there is trying to have it be mellow and hospitable
[close]

When you put it that way, stabbing a fellow skater's car tire is pretty mellow.

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

(With maximum eye roll) for the entire trip the other two teams are - just Clint keeps pushing buttons

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #489 on: July 09, 2016, 12:19:50 AM »
It's a bummer Ben Raybourn is being lumped in with Birdhouse's "jock mentality". He seems like a genuine dude. Even Clive. I thought it was pretty rad he gave Axel props for getting that rail before him. I picture D Loy in a Sebring. Convertible of course

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2016, 01:08:51 AM »
sitting on a ledge prior to someone popping onto it is not the same as grabbing someones board who is sliding it. sure it was a little bitch move by raven, but you don't fucking mess with people while they are trying tricks.

also Toy Machine with their Birdhouse van was fucking epic. You could almost see tears in their eyes cause they were so embarrassed- except for ben raybourn who thought it was funny. but these dirty skid punks that own thrasher properly liked the giving birth thing a lot more.

to slash loys tire should be in every kotr.

"Loy Ploy" - convince David Loy you like him and have him meet you somewhere remote.  Slash a tire and leave him there.  Bonus points based off how obnoxious his hair is (100 pts)

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #491 on: July 09, 2016, 02:51:18 AM »
I forgot Jake Doonkombee did that hand trick.

I'm glad they showed a pic of Duncombe so I knew who Daewon was talking about

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
Birdhouse as a whole pretty well fits the jock vibe but Clint comes off as the annoying team dad. All the other dude's are super into the competition aspect of it in a high school football aspect aside from Raybourn, he's just crushing it with a good sense of humor. Didn't he go from 1031 to Birdhouse? Always thought that was a weird fit.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #493 on: July 09, 2016, 06:17:49 AM »
haha jereme rogers is simply the best.
i always really liked him in his coliseum girl etc. days and even i liked his rap ventures. but his performance here is pure gold.
sherm is the best. haha. how he's talking to clint. amazing. he's the only one that came out looking good out of that whole situation at the curved ledge

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #494 on: July 09, 2016, 07:18:58 AM »
Am i tripping but didn't Raven start it by sitting on the ledge first before clint messed lil Johnny's board?
I don't think there's anything wrong with messing with the other team, to a certain extent, like Jaws blocking Sinclair's camera during Axel's grind or Raven sitting on the ledge, but when you start physically knocking people off ledges, it goes too far. Like Jereme said, Clint stepped over a line, and even Clint's jocky teammates knew it. Seeing him fumble to justify his actions and listening to him whine after Chocolate denied him tacos was hilarious. For what it's worth, Birdhouse is far from the only team to end up at the same spot as another team in KOTR history, but they're the only team I can think of that really go out of their way to fuck over everyone else at the spot.

And to everyone who's saying Raven looks like he's about to cry, you ever been hit with a blunt object in the head like that? It hurts, a lot.

Birdhouse as a whole pretty well fits the jock vibe but Clint comes off as the annoying team dad. All the other dude's are super into the competition aspect of it in a high school football aspect aside from Raybourn, he's just crushing it with a good sense of humor. Didn't he go from 1031 to Birdhouse? Always thought that was a weird fit.
He rode for Slave for a second in between, I wish he stuck around longer. Great fit and this part is awesome.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2016, 07:28:09 AM »
Jereme is the shit!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been calling him "dun comb" for years.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've been calling him "dun comb" for years.
Done Cum.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
Jereme is the shit!

"You don't yell apologies!" hahahaha

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »
has jereme finally balanced his chill skateboarder and cringey rap personas into one hilarious and loveable package?

Gabriel

• Rep: 12
    • website avatar image
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »
toy machine's already a winner according to my book

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2016, 11:29:24 AM »
(With maximum eye roll) for the entire trip the other two teams are - just Clint keeps pushing buttons

I see. I think we can all agree on the fact that he takes things too far. For instance in 2014, Element smashed a cake on the Birdhouse windshield. In return, Clint smashed a rock on theirs.

https://youtu.be/kcG4q5bAlDI?t=8m8s

I can only assume Element was thinking "Let's make it so they have to clean their windshield off, it will be funny". Clint's intention was to completely destroy theirs and was based on anger / revenge.

The pattern continues: Raney sits on a ledge blocking Clint, Clint yanks Johnny's board while he is on it.
Raney stabs a car tire, Clint smashes Raney with a board.

Perhaps it's a reflection of the skateboard session, who can get gnarlier and gnarlier. Unfortunately applying that mentality to everyday life  will eventually lead you over the edge into a dark place, which we witnessed with Clint's attack on a fellow human being.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
has jereme finally balanced his chill skateboarder and cringey rap personas into one hilarious and loveable package?

I hope his old sponsors start inviting him on tours and making tour videos to go along with them.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2016, 12:41:01 PM »
This years KOTR

It's kind of funny until you think about all the non skates watching this, thinking this is what skateboarding is like.  If it's scripted, these guys are selling out skating and making it look wack as fuck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:44:48 PM by CHANCHO »

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
while skating in a parking lot last week this guy from the baseball field saw us while walking to his car and asked if we had seen that skating show on vice and then asked us if we were trying to land certain tricks for points like them haha

also I feel like Raven slashing the tire (whether or not it was a shitty thing to do) was him getting back at them for not only Clint pushing Johnny off of his board but for when the Birdhouse team let the air out of the tires on the Chocolate teams van. It seems like that was the beginning of them hating the Birdhouse team.

baby dick

« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
clint walker just kooked himself out of ever landing a shoe sponsor. i really like his skating and kinda feel bad for him after all the shit he's taking, but you cant hit someone else with a board.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »
Jereme has been an amazing guest, would love to see him dedicate himself to skating again and put out a part. A lot of people have been fairly invisible throughout it. I'd say Heath continues to live up to his rep. Elijah had been  a beast most of this and came off as a really sick skater and a good guy. Jaws, is Jaws, I don't think he's a jock just enjoys the challenge, Clint is a person, while Mike Davis and Clint come off as his cronies, and Raybourne seems to want little to do with the dumbness. Toy Machine has been the best segments, with a great mix of personalities.

I do think one thing missed on this, is that in someways this is a case of the haves and the have nots. I think part of the reason Birdhouse takes it so seriously is that they probably don't sell as many boards as the toy guys, and outside of Raybourn don't have legit shoe sponsors. Everyone else outside of the flowkids on this probably make pretty good money or have at some point. Guys like Dan Lu, and Elijah are on Vans, Blake and Raybourn are getting Nike checks, and so on.

while skating in a parking lot last week this guy from the baseball field saw us while walking to his car and asked if we had seen that skating show on vice and then asked us if we were trying to land certain tricks for points like them haha

also I feel like Raven slashing the tire (whether or not it was a shitty thing to do) was him getting back at them for not only Clint pushing Johnny off of his board but for when the Birdhouse team let the air out of the tires on the Chocolate teams van. It seems like that was the beginning of them hating the Birdhouse team.
This dates back awhile. Don't know where it was said but during KOTR 2014 Birdhouse snitched out some of the Chocolate guys for starting the firework incident, which started a fire and got people in a lot of shit.

Green Bastard

« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »
This years KOTR

It's kind of funny until you think about all the non skates watching this, thinking this is what skateboarding is like.  If it's scripted, these guys are selling out skating and making it look wack as fuck.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope his old sponsors start inviting him on tours and making tour videos to go along with them.

How do you not post this instagram post of his?

Look how fucking happy he is skipping rope with Prod, im a fan again

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #509 on: July 09, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »

He rode for Slave for a second in between, I wish he stuck around longer. Great fit and this part is awesome.

[/quote]

i'd be so stoked if he was on slave still, him, schultz and zavala and the rest would be amazing to see together