Author Topic: After DVS folds, what should Daewon go to?  (Read 14928 times)

GershonSweaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
Re: After DVS folds, what should Daewon go to?
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2016, 06:27:25 AM »
Retirement ?

Fastfreddy

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2016, 06:59:34 AM »
heard from a reliable source that D is on the 3 stripe.

bustydad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2016, 07:08:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a horrible hunch it would be Globe since the Dwindle connection
[close]

This is a fantastic point, I really see this being most likely. What has Globe done for skateboarding recently? It's been years since even a tour video...Maybe Globe is just too far off my radar? A fairly wealthy company from what i understand, they own a ton of shit and could def pay Daewon some family man bread

Globe put out a tour video last September and also did one just the year before. You might not pay attention to it much, but they always have some sort of project on the go.

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/globe-eu-trippin-tour-video/#M7eVEHmaXudRUh5H.97

eastcoaster

• Rep: -41
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2016, 08:11:13 AM »
Ride channel never ceases to amaze. Their "article" is genuinely just 3 slap posts from a week ago put together.

I hate to say it but I can't see Daewon leaving his sponsor of 20 years for anything short of a corporate sponsor. He's as big a name now as he's ever been, nike/adidas/nb are able to pay him enough to make him leave, however much that may be.

Fuck bruh Im so curious how much do you think these guys are pulling in from a corporate shoe deal alone? 100k plus a year? Millions? How much are Adidas AM's getting? A few G's a month, a few hundred a month? Or millions?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Ride channel never ceases to amaze. Their "article" is genuinely just 3 slap posts from a week ago put together.

I hate to say it but I can't see Daewon leaving his sponsor of 20 years for anything short of a corporate sponsor. He's as big a name now as he's ever been, nike/adidas/nb are able to pay him enough to make him leave, however much that may be.
[close]

Fuck bruh Im so curious how much do you think these guys are pulling in from a corporate shoe deal alone? 100k plus a year? Millions? How much are Adidas AM's getting? A few G's a month, a few hundred a month? Or millions?

I honestly could not tell you, I'm horrible with estimating figures, but I do remember reading that nike AM's get paid more monthly than pro's on certain other companies. Maybe someone else could chime in, I don't think that was an arbitrary estimation, I think this was discussed in an interview a while back.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »
///

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »

Ride gets their info from here, well know fact.

SLAP is their "inside source".
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shags6

• Rep: -119
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2016, 08:53:22 PM »
I had a sick pair of  brand  daewons back in middle school. I went on a camping trip and when I got home from the mountains I realized that I was only wearing 1 shoe on my foot.............kind of broke my heart

too much

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
It will be really fucked if Daewon, MJ, Reynolds and Stevie Williams are all going to adidas.

If Stevie started ripping again that would be a solid cast of OG's to Adidas. Daewon, MJ, and Reynolds are arguably the best OG pro's for the last number of years. Imagine after Away Days a video of only those 4.