Author Topic: The End Of Skateboarding Is Near  (Read 3271 times)

Edward Penishands

The End Of Skateboarding Is Near
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:51:34 AM »
What I, and most people have come to expect of skateboarding from decades of participating is an uncontrollable, anti-everything, freedom that cannot be taken away.  As with everything that is great, skateboarding eventually and always have attracted mass corperations that attempt to domesticate and capture skateboarding to just make it another "sport".  The thing that drew me to skateboarding was that it is not another "sport", even in terms of "eXtreme sports".  You don't need to be near an ocean to do it, nor do you have to be a rich kid with gas to burn to get to the nearest snow covered mountain.  Skateboarding accepts all and does not descriminate.  What the IASC is trying to do is condense skateboarding, make it more managable, and turn it into a "do this, do that, follow these rules" shit-parade.  I mean really, Go Skateboarding Day?  What the fuck is this shit, you are going to tell me that you need an organized day to go out and skateboard all day with your friends?  Whats next, organized skate sessions in each town where you can skate between the hours of 3-5pm, only on certain roads?  The IASC's ideas are flawed and complete bullshit, and now they are trying to say that they are doing good by opening up skateparks all around the countries?  So now they are trying to kill street skating wile they are at it.  Does everything really need to be handed to people?  What happened to going out and skateboarding, just being creative and having a good time.  No, you need to be in a regulated space, with premade obstacles.  What is even more rediculous is this is a complete oxymoron of what skateboarding is suppose to be.  We have always stood for rebellion and doing what YOU want when YOU want.  Gradually overtime more and more krooks are working their way into skateboarding, hence the rabid video games, X-Games, eXtreme this and that, Nike, RBK, ADIDAS, and etc.  These companies care nothing about skateboarding and just decide to break into the so called "market" just for a quick buck.  What these pros need to remember is that YOU ARE SKATEBOARDING FOR A FUCKING LIVING NOT RUNNING THE STOCK MARKET, there is no need for 6 figure paychecks at the end of the year.  Most should be happy just to make enough to get by, let alone afford a huge house.  For fucks sake, Bob Burnquist has a full vert ramp, loop, and mega ramp in his BACKYARD.  But you want Johnny Nobody, from shit-town USA, to shell out $20 because the board has a picture of an eagle with downsyndrome and says "FLIP" on the top?  Seriously, who's dick am I going to have to suck to get some compassion.  I think the end of pro skateboarding would be great, it would really test who is in it for the love of skateboarding.  Most people I know have gone through skateboarding just buying what they wanted, skating when they wanted, never entering in contests, never competing, never "vibing", never asking for more than a friend to accompany them skateboarding.  Just what skateboarding needs is some more jock, Mountain Dew sponsored, shithole skating at the town skatepark with his jock dad yelling at him to start landing more tricks or he is not getting dinner.  Skaters like Ricky Oyola, have spent their whole lifes skating in the streets, creating their own terrain and taking shit from noone.  The IASC wants to see 5,000 tame bitches in a skatepark wearing full pads, and complying to every rule the officers tell them to do.  Where is the "fuck you" in that, skateboarders have come to love?  Even reading stories about EMB are sad.  They had a shit filter, and thats why the scene was as strong as it was.  It's time to weed out the shit.  Places like LOVE park got taken away because of "organizations", and making another one won't get it back, it will just make us seem more humdrum and average, just like the peewee baseball team down the street.  It is inevitable that bad people will try to work their way into skateboarding, but skateboarding may be the one thing that can fight being watered down and being nuetered.  So please, take your shoe string belts everyone and strangle the shit out of the IASC.  Buy what you want, when you want.  Now as I wipe my ass getting off the toilet it reminds me of the IASC, please fuck off.

A reality check brought to you by,
Edward Penishands.

killbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The End Of Skateboarding Is Near
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »
no one gives a fuck waht you think

Edward Penishands

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:51:19 AM »

ahh.....the village idiot, i see

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ahh.....the village idiot, i see

HAHAHA, after two hours worth of typing a rant about how kids are going to stop rolling on pieces of wood. I guess I don't have to remind you that nobody is going to read it.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

FFUR YLLIB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »
i stopped all thought after i read the word, "What".

What I, and most people have come to expect of skateboarding from decades of participating is an uncontrollable, anti-everything, freedom that cannot be taken away.  As with everything that is great, skateboarding eventually and always have attracted mass corperations that attempt to domesticate and capture skateboarding to just make it another "sport".  The thing that drew me to skateboarding was that it is not another "sport", even in terms of "eXtreme sports".  You don't need to be near an ocean to do it, nor do you have to be a rich kid with gas to burn to get to the nearest snow covered mountain.  Skateboarding accepts all and does not descriminate.  What the IASC is trying to do is condense skateboarding, make it more managable, and turn it into a "do this, do that, follow these rules" shit-parade.  I mean really, Go Skateboarding Day?  What the fuck is this shit, you are going to tell me that you need an organized day to go out and skateboard all day with your friends?  Whats next, organized skate sessions in each town where you can skate between the hours of 3-5pm, only on certain roads?  The IASC's ideas are flawed and complete bullshit, and now they are trying to say that they are doing good by opening up skateparks all around the countries?  So now they are trying to kill street skating wile they are at it.  Does everything really need to be handed to people?  What happened to going out and skateboarding, just being creative and having a good time.  No, you need to be in a regulated space, with premade obstacles.  What is even more rediculous is this is a complete oxymoron of what skateboarding is suppose to be.  We have always stood for rebellion and doing what YOU want when YOU want.  Gradually overtime more and more krooks are working their way into skateboarding, hence the rabid video games, X-Games, eXtreme this and that, Nike, RBK, ADIDAS, and etc.  These companies care nothing about skateboarding and just decide to break into the so called "market" just for a quick buck.  What these pros need to remember is that YOU ARE SKATEBOARDING FOR A FUCKING LIVING NOT RUNNING THE STOCK MARKET, there is no need for 6 figure paychecks at the end of the year.  Most should be happy just to make enough to get by, let alone afford a huge house.  For fucks sake, Bob Burnquist has a full vert ramp, loop, and mega ramp in his BACKYARD.  But you want Johnny Nobody, from shit-town USA, to shell out $20 because the board has a picture of an eagle with downsyndrome and says "FLIP" on the top?  Seriously, who's dick am I going to have to suck to get some compassion.  I think the end of pro skateboarding would be great, it would really test who is in it for the love of skateboarding.  Most people I know have gone through skateboarding just buying what they wanted, skating when they wanted, never entering in contests, never competing, never "vibing", never asking for more than a friend to accompany them skateboarding.  Just what skateboarding needs is some more jock, Mountain Dew sponsored, shithole skating at the town skatepark with his jock dad yelling at him to start landing more tricks or he is not getting dinner.  Skaters like Ricky Oyola, have spent their whole lifes skating in the streets, creating their own terrain and taking shit from noone.  The IASC wants to see 5,000 tame bitches in a skatepark wearing full pads, and complying to every rule the officers tell them to do.  Where is the "fuck you" in that, skateboarders have come to love?  Even reading stories about EMB are sad.  They had a shit filter, and thats why the scene was as strong as it was.  It's time to weed out the shit.  Places like LOVE park got taken away because of "organizations", and making another one won't get it back, it will just make us seem more humdrum and average, just like the peewee baseball team down the street.  It is inevitable that bad people will try to work their way into skateboarding, but skateboarding may be the one thing that can fight being watered down and being nuetered.  So please, take your shoe string belts everyone and strangle the shit out of the IASC.  Buy what you want, when you want.  Now as I wipe my ass getting off the toilet it reminds me of the IASC, please fuck off.

Edward Penishands.
www.postcountdoesnotequaldicksize.com

"shut up bitch" - sheffledge

skatenerd33

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:35:03 AM »
I fully agree with penishands....Good Read.

sir ruffs a lot

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 08:35:38 AM »
fuck skateboarding. thius site is for hate only dumb fuck

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
I fully agree with penishands....Good Read.

Well in that case....leave.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »
essay backlash begins...

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »
It was really, really long, redundant, and boring.  Every sentence was expressing the same point in a different way.  Just stop crying and skate,  fuck man, at least use paragraphs.  Where's Turkey Leg to give this steaming pile of dog shit an F. 

kelchmonster

• Rep: 26
  • WHAT FOOL!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 09:11:15 AM »
yeah! just like the end of the world is coming!

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
It was really, really long, redundant, and boring.  Every sentence was expressing the same point in a different way.  Just stop crying and skate,  fuck man, at least use paragraphs.  Where's Turkey Leg to give this steaming pile of dog shit an F. 

Who the fuck are you? Turkey posts shit like this on a daily basis.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 09:22:46 AM »
i was on the pooper, give me a break.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who the fuck are you? Turkey posts shit like this on a daily basis.

you didnt get the joke
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Slater

• Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »
who gives a flyin fuck just skate. if you dont like ISAC or whatever it is dont pay attention to what they say. if your shop doesnt get a discount on zero boards cause of the ISAC, it doesnt change the fact that you can go out in your driveway and do a kickflip whenever the fuck you want to.

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 10:49:43 AM »
k

ChoppaTime

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
were just giving the ISAC more attention by making blogs about it. thats what they want. forget about em and skate. buy whatever you want.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
^^^Exactly.....after reading yesterdays fiasco I don't care to ever see anymore drawn out long rants about it....Jesus Christ.....enough already.
The poster formally known as 1992..

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »

Edward Penishands.
I don't recall many revelations in my life occuring while taking a shit.  I'd also like to state there's a key just right of center called the "Enter" key...I like to use it sometimes. 

And you still DON'T FUCKING GET IT and never will, neither will 99% of you.  Skateboarders NEED to make 6 figures unless they want to be going back to school after they hit 35.  Yes, this IASC shit is regular and I haven't even read 5% of the pissing contest going on here, but that question still remains...what the fuck do you do when you're 35 and only have 50,000 dollars to your name? 

Riddle me that, penis hands. 

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
maybe for you, i'm still going to be skating when the bottom drops out.

SLAP is for the haters.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »
red curb, i gotta ask, are you being serious? pleez say that you are.

red curb

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 01:03:17 PM »
Yes, I am being serious.  It's hard for a lot of you to realize, considering most of you still live at home and don't have to worry about bills, let alone retirement, but it's a fact of life. 

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »
get the fuck off the computer then.

SLAP is for the haters.

red curb

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 01:10:37 PM »
Who said I was quitting skating?  I don't give a shit about the turmoil of the industry, so long as Flatspot still has their Deluxe-pressed 7.5" blanks in stock.

Here's something for you to contemplate purchasing while on the shitter:

It arrives in stores on Monday.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:12:19 PM by red curb »

onlysometimes

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »
BORING... just go skateboard or something..

onlysometimes

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
Oh and skateboarding is totally X-TREME!

loudwizard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
i'm not trying to help some skateboarder retire @ 35.
life is hard, motherfucker - you don't work, you don't eat.

jrock

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »
Yes, I am being serious.  It's hard for a lot of you to realize, considering most of you still live at home and don't have to worry about bills, let alone retirement, but it's a fact of life. 

how about you go to school and get a real fucking job like the rest of the world.  If some of us would be so lucky to have 50 grand in the bank to put toward a decent college education...

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »
please, red curb, please stop laying these horrible visions of a world where the likes of Justin Roy, Ben Pappas, Adil Dyani and Dave Coyne will not be able to live out the rest of their lives in ease and comfort after age 35, no, please, stop, I cannot take it

red curb

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how about you go to school and get a real fucking job like the rest of the world.  If some of us would be so lucky to have 50 grand in the bank to put toward a decent college education...
Some of you guys are bonafide fucking idiots.  You're attacking me because I said pro skateboarders need to be making 6 figures if they don't want to start over when they can't skate at a professional level anymore (around 35)?  Give me a break.  I'm not just talking about skateboarders, I'm talking about ANYONE in ANY line of work who is planning for their middle-age and retirement.  I did not say it's my, nor your duty to make this happen for the industry.  I don't give a shit either way, I'm just laying down the facts for those of you who don't quite see it.

And by the way, I am a junior in college studying Economics.  I live with my fianceé in a house we are paying for and work 32-40 hours a week to support my lifestyle, which has included skateboarding for the past 15 years.  Guess how I pay for my school?  Federal Student Aid, you fucking idiot.