Author Topic: Vivien Feil - B&B part  (Read 1738 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
Vivien Feil - B&B part
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »
New wave cinema and some of the quickest feet. call your moms

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Vivien Feil - B&B part
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »
 :o Let's just say if that was a girl I'd be apologizing for not pulling out, but not really mean it

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
o taku, you made me laugh before I could realize the mysogynistic implications, you devil. I'll tell 3 people about Samaria's kickflip as penance.

also, it's hard to admit when you're wrong, but i've defended Glenn Foxx's speed on here as much as anyone and have to say, 2:18 looks pretty suspicious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=164&v=uYeW5O7on2E

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »
one of the very best to do it

his static 4 part is incredible

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:33 AM »
got carried away on the current of the video

but believing/disbelieving has no influence on the truth/falsity of the after-life

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »

but believing/disbelieving has no influence on the truth/falsity of the after-life

except in the comic book Sword of my Mouth, wherein -spoiler alert- everybody's innermost spiritual beliefs manifest, and all the Christians swept up in the rapture die asphyxiated soon as they float into the stratosphere, then wind up orbiting earth in a frozen clump, like that island of plastic bottles in the Pacific.

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:02:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

except in the comic book Sword of my Mouth, wherein -spoiler alert- everybody's innermost spiritual beliefs manifest, and all the Christians swept up in the rapture die asphyxiated soon as they float into the stratosphere, then wind up orbiting earth in a frozen clump, like that island of plastic bottles in the Pacific.

Wow that sounds hilarious/awesome, going to try to find a copy of that

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:56:28 AM »
genius.  praise the french

jonnysheen

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 04:01:05 AM »
anybody know the film?

reminds me of this

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is their belief in the after-life false, and they just die in space, so spiritual beliefs manifest only in this world/life?

or does their belief in heaven make heaven really real?

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 11:20:31 AM »
anybody know the film?

reminds me of this

It's from the  Bela Tarr film Damnation.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is their belief in the after-life false, and they just die in space, so spiritual beliefs manifest only in this world/life?

or does their belief in heaven make heaven really real?

Their belief in an afterlife was not false, it just didn't function in the way they thought it would. The comic doesn't draw the traditional dichotomy of life/death = life/afterlife, but rather presents the afterlife as a function of familiar mental processes confronted with new and mysterious spiritual and physical rules. It appeals to me, since I've always thought that it's a logical fallacy to demand that post-braindeath conform to systems of live human understanding.
The comic doesn't disprove your statement, but it recontextualizes the question. Sorry if it's pseudo, I am more into the comics than the philosophy, though I like both.

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
o taku, you made me laugh before I could realize the mysogynistic implications, you devil. I'll tell 3 people about Samaria's kickflip as penance.

also, it's hard to admit when you're wrong, but i've defended Glenn Foxx's speed on here as much as anyone and have to say, 2:18 looks pretty suspicious

is this a joke about the obviously sped up b roll part, or are you serious? if serious, why would there be this conspiracy that all these different editors all agree to speed up this one guys' footage?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is this a joke about the obviously sped up b roll part, or are you serious? if serious, why would there be this conspiracy that all these different editors all agree to speed up this one guys' footage?

just a dumb joke, preempting the sped up discussion that usually accompanies the posting of Glenn Fox footage

jonnysheen

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote
anybody know the film?

reminds me of this

[close]

It's from the  Bela Tarr film Damnation.

cheers