Author Topic: Re-learning to ollie  (Read 10162 times)

Latarian Milton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Re-learning to ollie
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »
I'm also suffering from the dreaded mobbed ollie, I can do them fine on hips but up/down/over anything and I can't get my back foot up to save my life. Gonna keep these tips in mind.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 01:03:49 AM »
Jumping small cracks and tiles. Feels much better with proper ollier, back foot sticking to board.

Although when skating street and shit gets real to jump on curbs it's still flappy.  >:(

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
Stealing the thread a bit, but yeah.
So i have this mental problem of being afraid from the manual pad. I can grind a ledge two times bigger than the manual pad, but i can't ollie up the pad. I get scared when i approach it and i know that it's all in my head, but i can't get over it.
Any tips ?

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »
Stealing the thread a bit, but yeah.
So i have this mental problem of being afraid from the manual pad. I can grind a ledge two times bigger than the manual pad, but i can't ollie up the pad. I get scared when i approach it and i know that it's all in my head, but i can't get over it.
Any tips ?

I get the fear just from trying to ollie while rolling!

My advice is to expect pain. Expect that you're gonna bail and eat it, you gotta embrace hitting the ground. Just do it, don't think at all.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »
If you're having trouble doing it proper......cheat.  Roll up to it with your foot on your nose and push up it this way......do it faster....then try and Ollie up it....

The other idea is look past the edge and concentrating on getting your back foot like a foot past the edge.....