Author Topic: Japanese Metal/Hardcore/Other  (Read 6573 times)

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
Re: Japanese Metal/Hardcore/Other
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 08:33:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Cool record, but I'm content with my shitty, $10 boot.
[close]

Yeah, that's my other beef - the prices that some of this shit goes for ::)
I had the R.U.G Deadly Fighter 7" way back when (just because everyone was worshiping it at the time and I happened to pick a reasonably cheap copy of it) and the bidding wars when I sold it were crazy!!!

Anyone out there heard this? https://www.discogs.com/ja/SS-The-Original/release/1678708
I owned it back in the day too. Pretty crazy considering it's dated as 77'

That SS record is the shit.  It's generally considered the first hardcore record ever, came out before the Middle Class 'Out of Vogue' 7" that was generally considered the first.

The SS - "Mr Twist"

SS - Coca Cola (1978 Japan Raw Hardcore Punk / Noise Punk )

another great one I thought of... Systematic Death's "Systema" 7" flexi.  Japanese hardcore bands loved their flexi's...  definitely added a layer of scuzz.

Systematic Death - Systematic Death
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:12:16 PM by bea! »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
That SS record is the shit.  It's generally considered the first hardcore record ever, came out before the Middle Class 'Out of Vogue' 7" that was generally considered the first.

Kinda regret selling it now*...
Crazy how it predates almost everything huh? Like who the fuck were their influences and where they fuck did they get them from? They were from Kyoto is I'm not mistaken?

*I actually sold it as part of a package to a guy I know in Sydney. He got a crazy deal at the time but I was moving back to Japan and couldn't afford to put all the records in storage. Here's a sneak peak of what was in there:

- Desparate Children: Chaos Fuck Day I Love Punk Flexi. Rare Japanese punk from 86
- Gastunk: To Fans 7� White Splatter Vinyl. Only Given out at a live show way back when
- Ghoul: OI OI 1 sided Flexi. Super Rare Japanese OI  
- R.U.G.: Deathly Fighter 7�
- The Original SS: Live at Kid Airac Hall 1979 (think it was the reissue though...still it was limited to 900)
- V/A: Animal Rights Comp (Japan) LP. With Battle of Disarm, Age, Power of Idea etc.
- V/A: Women�s Liberation Japan, Bootleg Double LP version of the Japanese CD (553/1000)w/ GAIA, Wormcast, GUSH, PISS
- SKV: The War. Sakevi�s solo album released just after the terrorist attacks in 2001
- also got some early 90's crust demos as well as Japanese antiwar (815) punk/ crust comps that are (super) limited edition tape only releases
(the 815 antiwar thing was probably the craziest thing in there actually. It was such a huge package full of tapes/ booklets etc. I can't even find any info on it anymore)
I also chucked in a confuse LP and 7", boycott/ argue damnation split, japanese hardcore omnibus 8"(on 6 weeks records), hammer demo 7", bathtub shitter 7", a few more demo tapes when I delivered it to him. LOL, I probably should have sat on them for another 20 or so years but as I mentioned before I kinda hate the whole pay $500 for some rare/ random 7" mind set...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:17:06 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kinda regret selling it now*...
Crazy how it predates almost everything huh? Like who the fuck were their influences and where they fuck did they get them from? They were from Kyoto is I'm not mistaken?

*I actually sold it as part of a package to a guy I know in Sydney. He got a crazy deal at the time but I was moving back to Japan and couldn't afford to put all the records in storage. Here's a sneak peak of what was in there:

- Desparate Children: Chaos Fuck Day I Love Punk Flexi. Rare Japanese punk from 86
- Gastunk: To Fans 7� White Splatter Vinyl. Only Given out at a live show way back when
- Ghoul: OI OI 1 sided Flexi. Super Rare Japanese OI  
- R.U.G.: Deathly Fighter 7�
- The Original SS: Live at Kid Airac Hall 1979 (think it was the reissue though...still it was limited to 900)
- V/A: Animal Rights Comp (Japan) LP. With Battle of Disarm, Age, Power of Idea etc.
- V/A: Women�s Liberation Japan, Bootleg Double LP version of the Japanese CD (553/1000)w/ GAIA, Wormcast, GUSH, PISS
- SKV: The War. Sakevi�s solo album released just after the terrorist attacks in 2001
- also got some early 90's crust demos as well as Japanese antiwar (815) punk/ crust comps that are (super) limited edition tape only releases
(the 815 antiwar thing was probably the craziest thing in there actually. It was such a huge package full of tapes/ booklets etc. I can't even find any info on it anymore)
I also chucked in a confuse LP and 7", boycott/ argue damnation split, japanese hardcore omnibus 8"(on 6 weeks records), hammer demo 7", bathtub shitter 7", a few more demo tapes when I delivered it to him. LOL, I probably should have sat on them for another 20 or so years but as I mentioned before I kinda hate the whole pay $500 for some rare/ random 7" mind set...
Pretty ridiculous to me too, though in my younger, more financially free years, I admit that I bought a couple pricey ones but that's a whole other thread.
Pretty sure that Omnibus record is the only "8 I own.
Also, is that the Animal Rights comp with the "we want to draw the comparison to Conflict's "To a Nation of Animal Lovers" cover" with the kitty with demon eyes behind a fence? Our shop used to have a copy of that for way too much that I don't think ever sold.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »
Sup guys. I made a lot of money off a shitty job 7-8 years ago, so I bought a lot of records. Here are some Japanese ones, all original. I got most of this when the dollar was really low. I traded a 7" EP I paid like 5 dollars for for GISM's debut LP.
If you give a shit, then please excuse the terrible photo.

(Italian hardcore is dope too, as someone said. Nerorgasmo, Negazione, CCM, Raw Power...)

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
Oh, The Comes also, duh.

The Comes - No Side (FULL ALBUM)

fuck i feel like i've seen this LP around records stores my my whole life. gonna check it out

Japanese bands hc/sludge/punk bands i get into are Corrupted(probably my second favorite sludge ever, stupidly heavy), S.O.B., and fuck on the beach. Gauze has never really done it for me - I did hear recently on Damien from Fucked Up's podcast that the members of Gauze barely know each other and only strictly get together to make music which is crazy/weird/sounds a bit pretentious. I don't know or care enough about the band to confirm it though haha

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:13 AM »
2 pages and no mention of Envy. Legit one of the best most epic insane live bands, an amazing discography

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtY3pMP8pzE&list=RDwq4EBbzNiKo&index=2

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:04 PM »
damn totally forgot about Envy. I saw them a few years ago, was gr8

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »
2 pages and no mention of Envy. Legit one of the best most epic insane live bands, an amazing discography

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtY3pMP8pzE&list=RDwq4EBbzNiKo&index=2
Saw them at a crusty co-op in Madison while they were touring on "Insomniac Doze." Incredible show.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »
Sup guys. I made a lot of money off a shitty job 7-8 years ago, so I bought a lot of records. Here are some Japanese ones, all original. I got most of this when the dollar was really low. I traded a 7" EP I paid like 5 dollars for for GISM's debut LP.
If you give a shit, then please excuse the terrible photo.

(Italian hardcore is dope too, as someone said. Nerorgasmo, Negazione, CCM, Raw Power...)

holy fucking drool.

some amazing shit in there... that Coma 7" is fucking awesome, goth/death rock/punk at it's best.

couple others that burn:

The Sexual - The Last Days (EP 1985)

RoseRose - Skatehead '88 EP (1986)

not exactly hardcore or metal, but complete mayhem:
The Swankys - The Very Best Of Hero (LP 1985)

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:56:38 PM by FrenchFriedClownFingers »
even the steven

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2016, 03:42:53 PM »
wormrot ain't japanese

Grind King Rims

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2020, 10:49:21 AM »
Posting for later

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:15 AM »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Grind King Rims

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
A few of my favorites

The Blue Hearts https://youtu.be/GcvYz1xK7WI

The Timers (in Japanese, ‘timer’ sounds like ‘taima’, or weed  They we’re pretty unapologetically political, which is rare.
This is where they totally talked shit on a live broadcast
https://youtu.be/4AlYVqbyWwU

Anadorei, or ‘hole slave’ , a band by a S&M Dom, Eriaza Royal

https://youtu.be/wWTjlnB50ok

My friend Kaori’s band, another great political punk band, The Happening

https://youtu.be/rathpacv7iM

Another political band, Piledriver

https://youtu.be/WCxKgBON58k

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:43:42 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2020, 04:35:49 AM »
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 07:20:19 AM »
Delete that wormrot plz

https://youtu.be/nvDEs37-Jhs
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2021, 10:12:22 PM »
The Swankys. How has no one mentioned them?
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 06:11:58 PM »
The Swankys. How has no one mentioned them?
someone posted a link up there 👆🏻
When people think of Japanese punk, they think blistering hardcore, but cigarette man are actually my fav Japanese band by a long shot:

https://youtu.be/acXZgw7YP7k

https://youtu.be/8aq8zbPmzNc
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:33:05 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Skateboard Shuffle

• Rep: 135

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2021, 12:24:19 AM »
This is pretty representative of a Seppuku Pistols gig.

https://youtu.be/imF-O245I9c

They’ll sometimes cover ‘I wanna be your dog’ and ‘Too drunk to fuck’

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:14 AM »
This thread is awesome! Saw this band Thug Murder open for the Dropkick Murphy’s in 2001, they were great https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZvkz5mTmwo
I was into a lot of J ska back then like Kemuri, Potshot, and Nicotine too

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2021, 05:11:50 PM »
This thread is awesome! Saw this band Thug Murder open for the Dropkick Murphy’s in 2001, they were great https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZvkz5mTmwo
while that Thug Murder album didn’t age too well, I rocked the shit out of it in 2001!!!

@cucktard the band you posted sounds like they should do a split album with turtle island

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2021, 11:09:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
while that Thug Murder album didn’t age too well, I rocked the shit out of it in 2001!!!

@cucktard the band you posted sounds like they should do a split album with turtle island

They play together all the time. Especially at Hashi no Shita.
Which is understandable style-wise. But some of the Seppuku guys give out kinda uyoku (right wing) vibes.
Only some tho, I’ve hung a bit with some of the members and get along well enough

Grind King Rims

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2021, 02:27:30 PM »

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
anyone in this thread mention Milk yet?
i saw them in Tsuyama 2 years ago, had never heard of them before that. insane lineup in general, they played with Skizophrenia, Last, Deserve To Die, Sanoa, End Of Pollution and Disturd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5r7-BZoAX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsExMvvM_M
i like Gas more with Narumi on vocals. i love the band overall but the Sweet Emotion EP is just soo good. while worlds apart from the bands early output.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »
Just browsed through this thread, nothing to add other than The Boredoms are terrible. I remember when those albums were released thinking “man this shit is terrible” and forgot about them because they were so terrible. This threaded reminded me how terrible they are

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »
Just browsed through this thread, nothing to add other than The Boredoms are terrible. I remember when those albums were released thinking “man this shit is terrible” and forgot about them because they were so terrible. This threaded reminded me how terrible they are

"I have shit taste in music and won't shut the hell up about it."