Author Topic: States most comparable to california  (Read 2971 times)

Elderly Gentleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: States most comparable to california
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
Me too!  Moving here and seeing the skate scene and all the parks I never had growing up really made me wanna skate again.  It sounds like you were just being introduced around by your brother who only hung out with musicians.  My wife works in the music business so I see those egos and over dramatic types all the time.  Then again, I don't hang out with those people lol.  All of my buddies have regular jobs.  I play darts in leagues and in national tournaments so most of my buddies are dart players.  Heck I only know a few skaters in my age group.  Most of the skaters at the park are kids so (to keep from being the creepy old guy) I kind of keep to myself when I go skate there.  The kids all are cool though it seems.  They are friendly with me and stuff, but we don't hang or skate together. 

It seems there are a lot more "regular" people around recently.  The job market has really boomed here so a lot more tech industries and stuff so it's not just saturated with wanna be's trying to making it in the music biz.  For a long time, it was starting to get like L.A.  Only instead of it being aspiring actors or movie writers, it's aspiring singers and song writers.  So, in a way that makes it more like California too!  If you every come back to visit, give me a shout.  We can go skate and I'll take you to places where the "regular people" hang!
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".