Author Topic: Long Beach  (Read 809 times)

micky682

Long Beach
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
So I'm thinking of transferring to CSULB (Cal Stat at Long Beach) after I finish my 2 years at community college. I'm currently at NOVA in Virginia so California would be a complete change. I'm tired of the suburbs, every house and everybody is the same. Whats Long Beach like, is it calm place or is it all hyped up?. I was born in a little sleepy beach town so thats what I looked for.

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
Re: Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »
Where in NOVA are you from, I just moved to La from loudoun. and if you want sleepy beach town stay away from the la area, go south towards orange county or up to santa barbara. Also , transferring to out of state schools is near impossible with a two degree , thats designed for state schools. I went through hell and back figuring that out.
Long Beach is rad but If you want both a college experience and a skate experience I would look elsewhere. Uc santa cruz has a rad vibe, really chill, even the tourists up there seem sedated and your about an hour an half from the skate mecca that is SF
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
long beach is pretty chill ive lived here for years. Good skate scene theres tons of dudes to skate with. Everyone is pretty friendly  I would try and move towards cherry park (bixby park) rents pretty cheap and theres lots to do.  The red room is the local skate bar cool place with boards all over the walls and skate videos playing on all tv's cheap drinks 1.50 beers on weds. The art theatre is the host of alot of skate premieres. Tons of art galleries  lots of different parks in the area. If you get burnt out on lbc Your about 25 mins away from la (north) and (south)orange county.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:31:19 AM by Aatila »

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
long beach is pretty chill ive lived here for years. Good skate scene theres tons of dudes to skate with. Everyone is pretty friendly  I would try and move towards cherry park (bixby park) rents pretty cheap and theres lots to do.  The red room is the local skate bar cool place with boards all over the walls and skate videos playing on all tv's cheap drinks 1.50 beers on weds. The art theatre is the host of alot of skate premieres. Tons of art galleries  lots of different parks in the area. If you get burnt out on lbc Your about 25 mins away from la (north) and (south)orange county. 

half a can of busch doesnt count as a beer.
long beach is rad though, not a sleepy beach town. more of a lively beach city.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
long beach is pretty chill ive lived here for years. Good skate scene theres tons of dudes to skate with. Everyone is pretty friendly  I would try and move towards cherry park (bixby park) rents pretty cheap and theres lots to do.  The red room is the local skate bar cool place with boards all over the walls and skate videos playing on all tv's cheap drinks 1.50 beers on weds. The art theatre is the host of alot of skate premieres. Tons of art galleries  lots of different parks in the area. If you get burnt out on lbc Your about 25 mins away from la (north) and (south)orange county. 
[close]

half a can of busch doesnt count as a beer.
long beach is rad though, not a sleepy beach town. more of a lively beach city.

usually its pabst but lol yeah i know you know tho haha that shit dont count.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 06:09:37 PM »
Going to also be in Long Beach for a few days of my CA trip.

Bay Area, Ventura, LB...

Anyway, what shall I skate? I have enough giant concrete parks up here in Oregon but I am interested in unique things to skate, DIYs, curbs, banks, something by the ocean.... Channel Street....? Rosie's Beach Curbs?

Don't mind driving an hour for some interesting things to skate....