Author Topic: Ventura, CA  (Read 1359 times)

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
Ventura, CA
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:21:57 AM »

Heading out to Ventura, CA in late June to visit my gf for about 9 days. Not too much time to skate but I want to check out one or two parks and a red curb (we don't really have slappy curbs in boston).

What are the best parks in the area? Looking to skate some mellow-ish tranny. A snake run would be dope. Never rode one of those before. Moorpark looks pretty sick. 

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
Re: Ventura, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Moorpark is cool, kind of a weird layout but it's fast and has some good bigger walls. There were a ton of scooters when I went, but cops came and kicked em all out. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Ojai is a really fun pretty mellow park. the big bowl there is pretty mellow in comparison to other stuff that size. Solvang is chill if you don't mind a little drive from Ventura. Fillmore skatepark is kinda weird but I think it's fun, a ton of bikers/scooters there though. Oxnard park looks good but I haven't been there personally.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »
Moorpark is cool, kind of a weird layout but it's fast and has some good bigger walls. There were a ton of scooters when I went, but cops came and kicked em all out. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Ojai is a really fun pretty mellow park. the big bowl there is pretty mellow in comparison to other stuff that size. Solvang is chill if you don't mind a little drive from Ventura. Fillmore skatepark is kinda weird but I think it's fun, a ton of bikers/scooters there though. Oxnard park looks good but I haven't been there personally.
I skate Fillmore park almost every day, there are virtually no scooters or bikes there anymore. Out of all the parks in ventura county I think fillmore has the most fun transition, but moorpark has the more "gnarly" transition.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I skate Fillmore park almost every day, there are virtually no scooters or bikes there anymore. Out of all the parks in ventura county I think fillmore has the most fun transition, but moorpark has the more "gnarly" transition.

hell yea. It was over a year ago when I went, and I realize I can't generalize from being there once. All the little ledges and stuff around that park are rad!
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 12:34:05 PM »
one of my good friends just moved there. anyone know where that slanted brick manny pad is? the one aaron loreth has skated a lot

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 02:50:09 PM »
one of my good friends just moved there. anyone know where that slanted brick manny pad is? the one aaron loreth has skated a lot

can you post a picture of this manny pad? im pretty sure the one you are referring to is at the lassens grocery in ventura.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 06:51:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

can you post a picture of this manny pad? im pretty sure the one you are referring to is at the lassens grocery in ventura.
the one starting at 0:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qtgFezkdUo

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 06:56:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just checked on google earth and yup that's the one! thank you friend

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
the one starting at 0:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qtgFezkdUo

yeah that's at lassens. if you go there on a sunday the shop is closed and there won't be any cars in your way.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 06:11:33 PM »
Heading down the CA coast. Bay Area, Ventura and Long Beach are our destinations with some random stops in between...

Hopefully, I'll be surfing in Ventura but what should I skate? the pool in Ojai looks good....