Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 398649 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2016, 05:13:02 PM »
about 250+ people are lurking this page right now this is insane...

All looking to peep some of that bomb photoshop we just got hit with. SLAP photoshop reached new heights.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
So basically they have to throw away all their MJ products (boards, shoes and so on) which is most likely costing Crailtap a lot of money. Maybe the nail in the coffin?
The Shoes will probaly end up going the route of Marshalls and Ross, so if you actually like Lakais you will be able to find some MJs for $25-30 soon. Boards could go a few different routes, sometimes you send them back to the woodshop and have them paint over them and put a new heat transfer on, a lot deck companies now have a heat transfer machine in house and a lot of boards transfer by pre orders. So potentially they may only have a few hundred MJ boards pre graphiced, a lot of companies end up giving those boards out to flow riders and am guys and jsut have them ride all those up. Your supposed to pay even x riders for every board with their name on it so when companies are bitter they find a way to dump that product for free and take it off taxes, thats why when PRod quit they gave a away like 2000 of his boards in contest. Im sure the main kid that one that is sitting on 200 or so unskated 7.5 Prod Girl Decks. If you quit a company without them being able to sell their old product first the new company is responsible to purchase all that product, i read a Hawk thing that said all of his OG Birdhouse boards were repainted and screened Willy Santos boards they had to buy off of G&S cuz he didnt quit correctly.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »
Does anyone remember when MJ quit Emerica how shittly he did it? He was still under contract so he couldn't say he quit but he's in every 411 skating in blatant Nikes and Adidas, yet because similar production stuff and contract issues Emerica still had to pretend he was on the company.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2016, 05:16:20 PM »
I really wonder what Jerry Hsu thinks about all this madness...

ZEBRA

« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

I kinda feel bad for him. I wonder if he'll bail now. Marc was probably a big reason why he got on Chocolate and wanted to be there

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
Good job Mike, respect

swag nollies

« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
Will this fizzle out and die or will it be the start of something big? Or am I just high and paranoid?

More photochops!

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »
I was just looking on Ebay for an MJ deck, but the graphics are all regular especially the Beavis and Butthead one. That about sums up all of this.

Plop

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »

I feel like I've really grown to know the locals of this site so I decided to make an account hook you guys up while this is still on my friends channel

how exactly did he get the video? I thought it wasn't available until the 29th.

swag nollies

« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »

I feel like I've really grown to know the locals of this site so I decided to make an account hook you guys up while this is still on my friends channel

My nigg

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
Major props for that. Now someone rip it and upload it for download.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html
skate warehouse is already on it... 33.33 for MJ's

I have a feeling the Jerry MJ this is a very nostalgic friendship, I have them myself... great friends for years and years, but those were years and years ago. Jerry is not getting tattoo's with MJ, but with Spanky. Also Jerry knowing Marc well, it may not be such a surprise to him... I'm just guessing of course. I like Jerry on Chocolate and I hope that relationships stays healthy.

I still have a good amount of crail tap questions I would like answers too, not that I deserve them, but I'm sure you all feel the same... A Rick Howard interview about all the other things would be great.

Skateboarding just gets more and more interesting that is for sure.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I kinda feel bad for him. I wonder if he'll bail now. Marc was probably a big reason why he got on Chocolate and wanted to be there

Same here seems like a tough spot. I'd stay if I were him he's fucking killing it right now I also feel he's somewhat surpassed MJ in terms of the level of quality and frequency of his footage/photos.

zeroepedition

• Rep: -58
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
Whether or not you like any of the Crailtap companies or Carroll or MJ, I think the big takeaway from this interview is how fucking lame it is for Big Corporate Shoes to be telling riders what boards to skate and what sponsors are "cool" and who to hang out with.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »
Does anyone remember when MJ quit Emerica how shittly he did it? He was still under contract so he couldn't say he quit but he's in every 411 skating in blatant Nikes and Adidas, yet because similar production stuff and contract issues Emerica still had to pretend he was on the company.

He was doing that on A-Team too

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »
Whether or not you like any of the Crailtap companies or Carroll or MJ, I think the big takeaway from this interview is how fucking lame it is for Big Corporate Shoes to be telling riders what boards to skate and what sponsors are "cool" and who to hang out with.

Well, to be fair in the Lucas Puig interview he said Adidas encouraged skaters to put on t's of their own companies and did not have them all blown out in Adidas gear.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2016, 05:38:24 PM »
Slap in general right now feels like when you have a sick low key house party and it just goes viral and a bunch of random guests show up and basically you can't even move around the house it's so packed. The site keeps getting all slow.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2016, 05:39:15 PM »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »
Look, brwxstl, you are responding as though Mike Carroll is pissed and/or bitter that MJ left for adidas. Reading the interview that isn't the case. No one is blaming MJ for wanting to go out and get a better deal. Mike Carroll said, You�ve been in this for fucking years, putting your all into it, blood, sweat and tears and I wouldn�t feel comfortable asking you to stick around.

The problem is the way MJ executed his departure. So I could totally see why Mike Carroll would be fucking pissed.

Exactly,those shoes in production and shipping,have been pre-booked sales for several seasons, that forecasted revenue has been spent, commissions paid etc, Marc Johnson is a piece of shit

zippy z

« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2016, 05:47:16 PM »
Did anyone see Brink's insta? Care to comment, Brink?

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »

He has been commenting

shit_for_brains

« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He has been commenting

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2016, 06:03:30 PM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
threads weird to me

so no one else reading this can relate to having your pay cut several times while having much larger offers at the tail end of your career and leaving for the bigger offer? clearly mj's offer was contingent on timing with the away days video and either way carrol was going to be pissed so not much to gain on that front. i've never in my life not lied to my current employer\client when getting ready to jump to a new employer\client. that's just not how it works, lying is part of career\negotiating. you find your next gig, hand in your two weeks and bounce. carrol also said that mj held out for ages, turning down larger offers. it feels to me like like mj kept it business but carrol is making it personal. not giving riders contracts is something crail does for their self interest, not the riders.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
Guys like Brink are all-in on having a job in the skate industry. Did y'all think he would bite the hand that feeds?

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »

Brink on Nike

BMCsteve

« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »
pretty sure Brink's comment was a shot at Expedition

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »
Brink advocating for consumer sovereignty.  ::)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2016, 06:07:31 PM »
Expand Quote
imagine all the financial information and Lakai emails/communications that will be available to the public if Crail sues MJ ... does California have an electronic docket? or am I going to have to pay someone to make a ton of copies? ��

MJ's lawyer had better ask for that lost Ty part in discovery!!!

[close]

I can't speak for Cali but typically discovery items are only posted on the ecf if they are attached to a filing that gets posted on the ecf. Also it would be dumb to sue mj alone (although even if there was no contract there is a detrimental reliance claim). You go for the deeper pockets- in this case adidas for a tortious interference claim. Which would also bring out the far more interesting adidas emails about mj and a good timeline about what happened when.

arg. didnt even think of that...gonna have to wait til summary judgment.

oooh. what about a counterclaim against chocolate for retaliatory discharge based on one's god given right to wear the shoes of one's choice? maybe whistleblower?  did MJ see something he shouldnt have on the crail couch? chocolate already engaged in some spoliation deleting that IG post.  
hardly art, hardly starving

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2016, 06:08:12 PM »
brink is just looking at this for what it is. how you going to cut one of your top performers pay over and over and not expect them to jump. it's a bad business decision.