Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 398571 times)

Donald Trump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
I bet Nike and Adidas have skate stopped ledges at their headquarters.

Adidas' HQ has signs that say "Skate at your own risk."

Mcfctid

« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2016, 01:23:54 PM »
Fuckkkkk if I have to get boards at like Dick's or a Sport's Authority in the future, I'm gonna be bummed as fuck.

Money is the root of all evil

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Dew-MD-3108-Skateboard/dp/B00KS60NG2

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I think Girl, Chocolate decks, and pairs of Lakai's are in my future.
[close]

I keep seeing these type of posts, which no offense, are hilariously dumb. It takes all this drama for you to start supporting Crailtap with your dollar again? Where was all this financial support the last 5 years for Crailtap? Maybe they wouldn't be in such a cash crunch if you always put your money where your mouth is.

Like Augustmoon posted, MC gave one side of the story and it's an odd coincidence that 3 big names with a shoe are gone from Lakai and (now) 3 big names are gone from the board brands. Not saying MJ doesn't have his own issues, which I have always believed to be true, but let's not act like Crailtap is the victim and/or martyr here either.

Or maybe their cash crunch wouldn't have happened  if they didn't put out such shitty products
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:30:01 PM by brwrxstl »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
This is all only making the possibility of Reynolds leaving Emerica to Adidas more believable for some reason.

Reynolds please don't leave Emerica!!!!

But in the end you'll do what's best for you I just hope its done with hopefully no bad blood.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2016, 01:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I keep seeing these type of posts, which no offense, are hilariously dumb. It takes all this drama for you to start supporting Crailtap with your dollar again? Where was all this financial support the last 5 years for Crailtap? Maybe they wouldn't be in such a cash crunch if you always put your money where your mouth is.

Like Augustmoon posted, MC gave one side of the story and it's an odd coincidence that 3 big names with a shoe are gone from Lakai and (now) 3 big names are gone from the board brands. Not saying MJ doesn't have his own issues, which I have always believed to be true, but let's not act like Crailtap is the victim and/or martyr here either.

yeah, i love seeing those posts. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

IHOP

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2016, 01:33:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Or maybe their cash crunch wouldn't have happened� if they didn't put out such shitty products

it's insane that i see this shitty product comment on here almost daily, but in the set ups thread people praise PS wood.  PS is such garbage, crail boards are fine, obviously nothing can compare to generator but i like crail wood.

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
Chocolate already took down that silly ig post

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »
This is all only making the possibility of Reynolds leaving Emerica to Adidas more believable for some reason.

But in the end you'll do what's best for you I just hope its done with hopefully no bad blood.

Let's hope this never happens
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
We all know there are two sides to every story. �So far we've only gotten one. �I'm sure Carrol and Crailtap are no saints in this either. �I highly doubt that 4 (now 5) of their most respected pros would just bounce all within the last year if everything there was on the up and up, so i think you all should reserve your judgement. �

I started skating in 88, so i have a serious reverence for anything Carrol/Howard/Crailtap in general, so this sucks to hear. �He blasts MJ for supposedly lying about being announced at the premier, but no one seems to remember that he did the exact same thing to Rocco/Mullen/Ternasky when they stole their entire team to start Girl? �How is one cool, and the other not? �The birth of your entire business is based on the same lies and backstabbing. �

[close]

I don't blame MJ for doing what he did. �You're only as cool with Carroll as you are convenient to him (apparently). To me it looks like MJ was doing his share and Carroll just kept wanting more. I mean come on, this entire interview was pretty fucking harsh. I mean it's no wonder MJ kept being in the video a fucking secret. If he was up front with dude (Carroll) he would've just attacked him publicly sooner. NTM it's not like Carroll hasn't fucked over people on his own before. He's a narcissistic asshole, and he should take a hard look in the mirror before he gets too wrapped up vilifying whoever bails on him next.

Even all that aside, crailtap's boards are fucking trash, their stupid overly cinematic videos were all fucking corny, and their ads were all just as goofy.

Did you even read the interview? Carroll said that he was trying to work with MJ on making the departure from Lakai an easy one. He also said that while other riders were taking paycuts, Crail was protecting MJ's salary. And the Rocco comparison doesn't really hold any weight, Carroll said in that Weekend Buzz that if Rocco found out, he would have done everything he could to stop Girl from starting up.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
damn, MC is a fuckin boss. the thought did occur to me how fucked up it would be if carroll and rick found out at the away days premier. I thought that would've been ridiculous, but turns out that wasn't a far departure from how it did go down.

i was super stoked to hear that meza might be the main editor for their next vid. he definitely has a knack for puttin down the good vibes.

my next shoe purchase will be lakais or sure. If anyone at Lakai is reading this, can you push out some more low key designs? I get brand awareness is important, but i'm not totally down with rocking huge flares on my feet. No offense. That being said, I'm between copping a pair Staples or Riley Hawks.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
People all want the latest news/gossip on the industry yet when we hear it straight from the horses mouth some people complain because it's too raw.
SLAP VALUES

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2016, 01:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Or maybe their cash crunch wouldn't have happened� if they didn't put out such shitty products
[close]

it's insane that i see this shitty product comment on here almost daily, but in the set ups thread people praise PS wood. �PS is such garbage, crail boards are fine, obviously nothing can compare to generator but i like crail wood.

It's all opinion. I've jbeen skating FA/Hockey since last summer without any problems. In 17 years I've bought one Girl deck and it was so bad I never even tried one again. Not saying I haven't had bad PS Stix decks either, but the problem with Crails decks (to me) is that they don't even look skateable, the shape, the glue, the concave, it all just looks like prefab or something.

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We all know there are two sides to every story. �So far we've only gotten one. �I'm sure Carrol and Crailtap are no saints in this either. �I highly doubt that 4 (now 5) of their most respected pros would just bounce all within the last year if everything there was on the up and up, so i think you all should reserve your judgement. �

I started skating in 88, so i have a serious reverence for anything Carrol/Howard/Crailtap in general, so this sucks to hear. �He blasts MJ for supposedly lying about being announced at the premier, but no one seems to remember that he did the exact same thing to Rocco/Mullen/Ternasky when they stole their entire team to start Girl? �How is one cool, and the other not? �The birth of your entire business is based on the same lies and backstabbing. �

[close]

I don't blame MJ for doing what he did. �You're only as cool with Carroll as you are convenient to him (apparently). To me it looks like MJ was doing his share and Carroll just kept wanting more. I mean come on, this entire interview was pretty fucking harsh. I mean it's no wonder MJ kept being in the video a fucking secret. If he was up front with dude (Carroll) he would've just attacked him publicly sooner. NTM it's not like Carroll hasn't fucked over people on his own before. He's a narcissistic asshole, and he should take a hard look in the mirror before he gets too wrapped up vilifying whoever bails on him next.

Even all that aside, crailtap's boards are fucking trash, their stupid overly cinematic videos were all fucking corny, and their ads were all just as goofy.
[close]

Did you even read the interview? Carroll said that he was trying to work with MJ on making the departure from Lakai an easy one. He also said that while other riders were taking paycuts, Crail was protecting MJ's salary. And the Rocco comparison doesn't really hold any weight, Carroll said in that Weekend Buzz that if Rocco found out, he would have done everything he could to stop Girl from starting up.

All this after MJ took multiple paycuts. Carroll should just be grateful that it lasted as long as it did and then let it go. Instead here he is going public with it. And for what? It just comes off like a bitch move.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it's insane that i see this shitty product comment on here almost daily, but in the set ups thread people praise PS wood. �PS is such garbage, crail boards are fine, obviously nothing can compare to generator but i like crail wood.
[close]

It's all opinion. I've jbeen skating FA/Hockey since last summer without any problems. In 17 years I've bought one Girl deck and it was so bad I never even tried one again. Not saying I haven't had bad PS Stix decks either, but the problem with Crails decks (to me) is that they don't even look skateable, the shape, the glue, the concave, it all just looks like prefab or something.

You must have missed it we had a good old fashioned SP Stix bashing not too long ago. Some of us shit on them so hard their competitors gave us* stuff.

*me

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »
realest interview in recent memory.

Jenkem CLEARLY leaning against predetorial practices by big shoes being savage, but has their entire site wrapped in adidas ads/branding and their post on 5/3 was an MJ mix.

conflict of interest, conflict of taste.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:38 PM »
Reading comprehension, dude.

MJ did not get pay cuts, in fact he was matched the amount that Adidas offered him by Lakai. Eventually, MC realized they could not afford that and told MJ that they were gonna hvae to cut his pay and if he wanted to accept another offer it would be cool, to just let them work it out.

Also hard to base your opinion off what is apparently one board over the course of 17 years.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »

I've always hated seeing the formal press releases about skaters leaving companies. I'm sure 9 times out of 10 the average skateboarder doesn't even read them anyway. It's not in skateboarding's nature to be so formal about shit, it's just not natural.

That's because nobody wants to burn bridges over personal stuff.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »
All this after MJ took multiple paycuts. Carroll should just be grateful that it lasted as long as it did and then let it go. Instead here he is going public with it. And for what? It just comes off like a bitch move.

MJ did not get pay cuts, in fact he was matched the amount that Adidas offered him by Lakai. Eventually, MC realized they could not afford that and told MJ that they were gonna hvae to cut his pay and if he wanted to accept another offer it would be cool, to just let them work it out.

Also hard to base your opinion off what is apparently one board over the course of 17 years.

brxksjfhgioakjbgs, meet doomstation
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »

:-\ :-\

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »
One COULD argue that MJ's thinking was "wait, so you want ME to take a pay cut, and not go forward with a lucrative offer, so YOU can make MORE money off of my shoe??"
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:48 PM »
302 guests viewing at time of writing. Fuck off you Slap tourists. Where were you when Lil Shmatty got kicked of DGK?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:16:08 PM by SodaJerk »

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
Hearty LOL at comparing this to the creation of Girl. Can someone explain the logic in this?
Also the lack of reading comprehension in this thread is off the charts!
Bravo, gents. Proud to call you my brethren.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

As we've seen from this MJ/MC stuff these are pretty fluid situations.  Reynolds did post this pic/ad for MADE last night, so, at the moment he still seems on board (publicly speaking).

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2016, 02:18:07 PM »

"Financially, as everyone knows, in recent years, it has been rough. We had to do some things financially and rearrange and lower some people�s pay, him being included. But he was understanding and we talked about it."

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
there's no way they're paying these guys every month and sending them on trips all over without a contract oh we're just a handshake company haha

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2016, 02:20:39 PM »
Hearty LOL at comparing this to the creation of Girl. Can someone explain the logic in this?
Also the lack of reading comprehension in this thread is off the charts!
Bravo, gents. Proud to call you my brethren.
[

It's an internet forum. Settle down.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »
One COULD argue that MJ's thinking was "wait, so you want ME to take a pay cut, and not go forward with a lucrative offer, so YOU can make MORE money off of my shoe??"

Sure. But isn't Carroll saying that they agreed to a timeline that MJ then ignored? Also, wouldn't MJ still get royalties off of his Lakai shoe during this agreed upon period. Also, if you want to leave on good terms, MJ wouldn't stick Lakai with a bunch of inventory that they will have to eat. They just released the Jenkem colorway a few weeks ago.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »
Cherry picking a single quote out of a whole paragraph I see.

They have been hitting Marc up for years. He was courteous enough years ago to let us know they offered him something, and we were able to match it at that time. It was all good. I don’t think it was something he wanted to do at the time, he wanted to stay on Lakai.

Financially, as everyone knows, in recent years, it has been rough. We had to do some things financially and rearrange and lower some people’s pay, him being included. But he was understanding and we talked about it.

Then recently, we had to make more financial decisions and he was going to be affected again. For years he was greatly paid and we did our best to not touch him at all. Even throughout the financial struggles, we didn’t make any pay cuts to him while other ones were going down. He was highly protected when it came to that stuff, but it came to a point where there was nowhere else to cut.

We had to reduce pay and I just told him, you know what, this sucks. You’ve been in this for fucking years, putting your all into it, blood, sweat and tears and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking you to stick around. We talked for a while, and I knew he was going to go skate for them. Everybody started talking about the rumors again, but it was a mutual thing and fully respectful. It was a sad moment. It sucked for me to have to tell him that, and to have to say, “You should probably take a better offer,” because these motherfuckers are coming at you all crazy. He’s almost 40 years old, I think at this age you should go get yours. And if he was gonna stay on, I didn’t want him to be resentful for the decision.

I sent him a termination agreement over a month ago and in that agreement we asked him to hold off a while from announcing because we had our product and the agreement was to protect us and the production. But I told him I was open to talk about the agreement and change anything. We asked him to keep it on the low for a while.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
Is this MJ's response?