Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 398814 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #810 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
http://theskateboardmag.com/daewon-and-mj-the-raw-interview/

Translation: Hi we are a hurting skateboarding magazine. Thrasher is kicking our ass. Need clicks. Thanks.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #811 on: May 19, 2016, 09:52:40 PM »

Translation: Hi we are a hurting skateboarding magazine. Thrasher is kicking our ass. Need clicks. Thanks.

And ride channel get all those clicks that TSM needs.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

tiltmode43

• Rep: 1
« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:17 PM »
Care About Natural Skateboarding?  

Original Maneuvers?  

Even Our Narrative Exists Predominately Metaphysically.  

Marc's Excellent Tricks Have Embodied Legendary Innovation.

No Kidding.  

Though Outlandish, Always Whiny?

Adidas Yields Destruction.

Adidas, You Suck.
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:06 PM »
This is not going to end well...

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2016, 10:28:49 PM »
People asking what projects adidas is doing ? 

they just released a 1 hour video , the whole team regularly goes on trips and they constantly put up  shorter videos of the team and different riders

tiltmode43

• Rep: 1
« Reply #815 on: May 19, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »
On another note, hopefully Marc can battle his demons and come out on top.  As he alluded to on the crail couch and as many have said here, alcoholism is very serious and can be a life threatening disease.  While it was a shitbag thing for him to do (that sort of moment can have a very negative effect on the crail/Lakai staff, especially if things were already negative in their office), I wish him nothing but strength to overcome his troubles within.

Side note:  Some of those guests that were viewing the thread are just slappers who don't bother to log in while at the office ;D
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #816 on: May 19, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
keep swallowing nike's sperm and addidas's fresh turds, you fucking kooks. tastes good, don't it? and you won't stop until you have their dicks permanently implanted in your asses, because "these sneakers look fresh. I feel like I'm michael jordan on a skateboard."
[close]

Dude how old are you? Having genuine concern over the coreness of a shoe brand is so fucking childish.
[close]

and falling into idol worship created by clever marketing is not childish? it's the definition of childish. adults don't wear fancy sneakers that look cool because they saw a really cool ad with their favorite athlete doing something awesome. 

well said
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

PC500

• Rep: 6
« Reply #817 on: May 19, 2016, 10:44:43 PM »

Man will we ever see the day when one of those new Nike/Adidas "acquisitions" will just flat out admit that they wanted the money? Creative endeavors my ass

Pretty sure when Chet got on Nike he said it was like they offered him 'a winning lottery ticket' or something, and he couldn't say no. It took the pressure off paying bills etc and let him get more stuck into his 'art'. He said in his Jenkem interview that Nike saved his ass. I guess it's a different situation to these two, but he was pretty straight up about it.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #818 on: May 19, 2016, 10:51:01 PM »
The fact that Daewon is two years older than Marc makes me want to quit drinking.

too much

« Reply #819 on: May 19, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
I don't think Daewon is too hyped...he says he is and it's the next step in his life an he's excited...but at the same time he says I understand and respect the other perspective, "it's debatable". It's not like theres pure stoke...there's drama...he's also upset at the take over at DVS. I don't know about Marc's thing with the company couldn't keep up with me, I had all these projects, and they're cutting my pay. Well except for the last part. Way too vague, sounds like bullshit. I also got the feeling the camera was mostly on Daewon the whole time because MJ was so awkward.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #820 on: May 19, 2016, 10:58:12 PM »
The fact that Daewon is two years older than Marc makes me want to quit drinking.

Doesn't MJ also smoke cigs heavily?

Jankers

• Rep: 3
« Reply #821 on: May 19, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #822 on: May 19, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »
That would definitely be a factor as well, but that's not to take away from Daewon's gift of good looks. He reminds me of this episode of Eerie Indiana a long time ago where this family slept in tupperware containers and only aged at half the rate of other people.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0569394/

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #823 on: May 19, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What do you guys think the super crazy ideas were that mj had that lakai couldn't keep up with? They must have been super crazy.
[close]

Wads of cash
[close]

I don't get why you're defending Lakai so hard. Yea sure MJ should have left in a better way. Aren't you from labor shop? I checked your site and you guys sell Nike, Vans, Adidas, Converse, New Balance and Huf. Just like all the other outraged people on here, how many of you guys actually own shoes from a "core" brand? Everyone on here is probably wearing Converse and Vans anyways...

been skating for 30+ years. never wore a pair of cons or nike in my life, even when not skating. i owned a pair of gazelles in 1995. thats it. and for the idiots who diss skater owned, FUCK YOU, you are either a stupid troll or a rollerblader
Expand Quote
[close]

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #824 on: May 20, 2016, 12:23:15 AM »
MJ on meth confirmed. Never really seen a pro skater look that fucked up.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »
What the fuck was that TSM video? The worst damage control idea from the worst PR guy ever? It wasn't much of a positive promotional piece.

It's like a weird form of sec flagellation over the "right to sell out." I mean, I don't begrudge those guys doing what they feel they need to be doing (ok, I do a little) but it was just a goofy way to explain themselves. I mean, just say you have house payments and no profession besides skateboarding and I understand.

STILL WONDERING WHAT ALL THESE "PROJECTS" ARE!!?!
Hoverboards? Shoes with spurs to help you heelflip? Outreach programs? Videos that you could have done anywhere?
Can't wait.

BTW, didn't really get the alkie/junkie vibe - dude's just thin and old (I can relate).

^really? it tripped me out a bit. maybe not super trashed but i felt like something in his ways was off. if you watch older interviews he talks differnt, gestures different and can make a point. here he reminds me of myself the last time i tried making a point at 2 in the morning after 12 pints of beer where in the middle of the sentence i forget why i started to even talk because i knew i was not capable of making a point anymore.

and someone posted a link of  that thrasher cover mini interview from nine months ago. he looks like he aged 9 years in nine months!

just my two cents.

kools

« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2016, 01:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
keep swallowing nike's sperm and addidas's fresh turds, you fucking kooks. tastes good, don't it? and you won't stop until you have their dicks permanently implanted in your asses, because "these sneakers look fresh. I feel like I'm michael jordan on a skateboard."
[close]

Dude how old are you? Having genuine concern over the coreness of a shoe brand is so fucking childish.
[close]

and falling into idol worship created by clever marketing is not childish? it's the definition of childish. adults don't wear fancy sneakers that look cool because they saw a really cool ad with their favorite athlete doing something awesome. 
[close]

well said

they are better shoes.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #827 on: May 20, 2016, 02:01:30 AM »
Remember a while back when MJ had an article in a mag telling people never to eat honey because it contained bee antibodies that would destroy your immune system?!!! Hahaha, fuck, no scientific facts, just complete horse shit oozing from his mouth
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #829 on: May 20, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the two shittest beanies in skateboarding

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2016, 02:25:29 AM »

I don't understand how it's ok for two guys around 40 years old to wear beanies in spring and indoors ? You guys are bald? Get over it.
The beanie thing indoors has to stop after some age. You guys are 40, at this point it's getting creepy.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

well said
[close]

they are better shoes.

i may be alone on this but i genuinely don't like them at all. there are two different issues on the two brands. for nikes, i think they are like boots, with soles that are very thick in relation to the upper and i am hating the fact that their shoes look like runners. for adidas, the extremely high achille's support that they tend to do causes tendonitis on me. i have been skating the dc coles and the dvs chicos for the last few years with absolutely no issues

edit. i dont wanna turn this almost adidas thread into a nike thread
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:34:18 AM by Esquivel »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #832 on: May 20, 2016, 02:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I don't understand how it's ok for two guys around 40 years old to wear beanies in spring and indoors ? You guys are bald? Get over it.
The beanie thing indoors has to stop after some age. You guys are 40, at this point it's getting creepy.

Fuck me, that's gold.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2016, 03:36:58 AM »
54 and ain't stopping.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #834 on: May 20, 2016, 03:50:52 AM »
Remember a while back when MJ had an article in a mag telling people never to eat honey because it contained bee antibodies that would destroy your immune system?!!! Hahaha, fuck, no scientific facts, just complete horse shit oozing from his mouth
That was wack.  He said something like, "Honey is one of the worst things you can put into your body."  He always comes off like some pseudo intellectual that read some books but didn't graduate high school.  Amazing skateboarder though.  Between his look and the incoherent points, I got some type of drug/stimulant vibe from that interview.  C'mon Marc, you're better than that.  I you're going to get that Adidas check, please get yourself on track and put out a killer welcome part.

green lion

• Rep: -13
« Reply #835 on: May 20, 2016, 04:20:36 AM »
Isn't he bff's with Jerry.. That's a d!ck move, make him feel awkward af. Jerry stay on Choco and say fvck off MJ. 

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #836 on: May 20, 2016, 05:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That was wack.  He said something like, "Honey is one of the worst things you can put into your body."  He always comes off like some pseudo intellectual that read some books but didn't graduate high school.  Amazing skateboarder though.  Between his look and the incoherent points, I got some type of drug/stimulant vibe from that interview.  C'mon Marc, you're better than that.  I you're going to get that Adidas check, please get yourself on track and put out a killer welcome part.

OK someone link this interview for me, I haven't heard that before and it sounds full blown person.

Mcfctid

« Reply #837 on: May 20, 2016, 05:36:23 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #838 on: May 20, 2016, 06:00:19 AM »
  No fair comparing a 40 yo asian face to 40 yo white face.  Some myth making happening here. - The narrative; "Chocolate supported Marc when they should/could have fired him."  Totally fuck off .  -hes got !0 min video parts!!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

zephyrpatio

« Reply #839 on: May 20, 2016, 06:41:05 AM »
Isn't he bff's with Jerry.. That's a d!ck move, make him feel awkward af. Jerry stay on Choco and say fvck off MJ. 

what