Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds to Adidas?  (Read 31288 times)

Donald Trump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Andrew Reynolds to Adidas?
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You'll still have Es/Huf/Lakai/Filament/Vox/Etnies for your skater owned shit once emerica dies ;)
[close]

Es
Huf Owned By Investors
Lakai Owned By Investors
Filament Basically a Zumiez brand
Vox No way they will still be around in a year
Etnies
[close]

You know, I don't really feel like a company being owned by investors automatically dismisses the way that they're run. Vans is corporate owned, but it's clear that it's run by people who skateboard, or at least care a lot about skateboarding. If a company like Lakai is bought by bigger investors but still grants Mike and Rick creative control, that doesn't automatically equate it to a company like Nike.

I don't know if that's the case, but just something I've been thinking about.

The "skate programs" for all the skate shoe companies are ran by skateboarders, even Nike SB and Adidas. The bigger more "corporate" brands just have more hoops to jump through when they want to get stuff done. "Skate owned" might be a thing of the past, but at least there are still plenty of companies ran by skateboarders.

cunter

• Rep: -6
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »
someone focus drewdays board plz thx

zippy z

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »
Confirmed.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2016, 06:22:08 PM »
Confirmed.

confirmed

The Boss on Snoop
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what ever happen to that marquise preston kid who had the ill front bigspin though free max b
[close]

i feel like an emerica sponsorship is the kiss of death for a skinny panted black kid
[close]

holy shit i lol'd
[close]
Besides Marquis there hasn't been any other blacks, have there?

And he talked about how he was bummed he was on Foundation instead of Toy and I think that's what got him the boot from there, and Emerica had "budget cuts" (They added Dee a few months afterwards)

Dee never skated for Emerica.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »
Wasn't there an interview a couple of years ago where somebody mentioned that Marquise was a bummer to be around, doing shit like bringing guns to spots, being shady, making team riders uncomfortable and  having a generally shitty attitude or something along those lines? I can't remember the interview and I'd post it if I did, but I know it's been discussed.

im probably lying

swag nollies

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2016, 04:46:58 PM »
Wasn't there an interview a couple of years ago where somebody mentioned that Marquise was a bummer to be around, doing shit like bringing guns to spots, being shady, making team riders uncomfortable and  having a generally shitty attitude or something along those lines? I can't remember the interview and I'd post it if I did, but I know it's been discussed.

I would be interested to read then. He doesnt strike me as a sketchy hood nigga type, like always talking about hittin licks and always sayin "Im a kill that nigga", but shit you never know.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what ever happen to that marquise preston kid who had the ill front bigspin though free max b
[close]

i feel like an emerica sponsorship is the kiss of death for a skinny panted black kid
[close]

holy shit i lol'd
[close]

And he talked about how he was bummed he was on Foundation instead of Toy and I think that's what got him the boot from there, and Emerica had "budget cuts" (They added Dee a few months afterwards)
[close]

he did:
http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/action/skateboarding/article/7071695/amateur-hour-interview-new-baker-rider-dee-ostrander

he's also not black.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

holy shit i lol'd
[close]

[close]

[close]

he did:
http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/action/skateboarding/article/7071695/amateur-hour-interview-new-baker-rider-dee-ostrander

he's also not black.

I think the posted that said dee was on emerica wasn't saying because he was black. Think he meant by they cut Marquise because of "budget cuts" then added on Dee right after. Basically saying the budget cut was just an excuse to get rid of Marquise

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • rawr
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would be interested to read then. He doesnt strike me as a sketchy hood nigga type, like always talking about hittin licks and always sayin "Im a kill that nigga", but shit you never know.
I just got home, I'll try to find it for ya

im probably lying

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It seems odd that A good majority of those dudes would put up with Antwan and yet this dude was the line. Though most of emerica anymore is just rich OC kids pretending to be scumbags.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • rawr
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2016, 01:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wasn't there an interview a couple of years ago where somebody mentioned that Marquise was a bummer to be around, doing shit like bringing guns to spots, being shady, making team riders uncomfortable and  having a generally shitty attitude or something along those lines? I can't remember the interview and I'd post it if I did, but I know it's been discussed.
[close]

[close]
[close]

It seems odd that A good majority of those dudes would put up with Antwan and yet this dude was the line. Though most of emerica anymore is just rich OC kids pretending to be scumbags.
Some of that stuff is mentioned in this thread, couldn't find the source yet though
Edit:whoops
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=76060.0

im probably lying

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wasn't there an interview a couple of years ago where somebody mentioned that Marquise was a bummer to be around, doing shit like bringing guns to spots, being shady, making team riders uncomfortable and  having a generally shitty attitude or something along those lines? I can't remember the interview and I'd post it if I did, but I know it's been discussed.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Some of that stuff is mentioned in this thread, couldn't find the source yet though
Edit:whoops
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=76060.0
Apparently he stole Leo's jacket and tried to sell it to Collin. Not even kidding.

thefan

• Rep: -12
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2016, 11:32:36 PM »
Reynolds will be sponsored by adidas, Terry kennedy has been wearing adidas to see how people would react to the idea of one of the baker riders wearing adidas       .. When they sign Reynolds terry will be adidas flow and shane heyl will continue to leach off of Reynolds.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:47:49 PM by thefan »